Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beer Fans

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Beer Fans

What are some of your guys favorites? I'm a huge beer fan myself and try to taste all different kinds. Anything from cheap domestics to micros to european stuff. Right now I'm drinkin an italian beer called Birra Moretti. Who would have thought an italian beer was this good lol

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

guiness. black forest.

i like dark beers.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

Schafer
    Miller Lite

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Lots of people love miller lite, I cant drink it. Something about the way its made or the ingredients that gives me an upset stomach. I'm not a huge fan of dark beers, but I love smithwicks, samuel smiths oatmeal stout, and negra modelo. Otherwise its all pilsner and lagers for me lol

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Dark beers and micros.

always an MGD fan.. but I switch it up and always go back to MGD...

beer of choice tonight- Bass

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Are any of you micro fans familiar with a brand called Dogfish Head? They specialize in IPA's that have high alc. They are great if you wanna get tanked but you tend to taste too much alc flavor in them and not enough of that bitter beer taste. Its almost like a barley wine. They make on thats got raisins in it that has a very unique flavor to it.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by smilin assassin View Post
    always an MGD fan.. but I switch it up and always go back to MGD...

beer of choice tonight- Bass
    Hmmmm Bass. I love Bass. I dont care what anyone says MGD is never a bad choice when you want a drinkable beer and wanna get a buzz. thats good summer beer right there.

yep,pretty much started drinking MGD when I was in high school...i saw a good buddy from HS a couple years back and we had some beers... i ordered a MGD at the bar and he says 'damn, you still drink MGD huh?'

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    What are some of your guys favorites? I'm a huge beer fan myself and try to taste all different kinds. Anything from cheap domestics to micros to european stuff. Right now I'm drinkin an italian beer called Birra Moretti. Who would have thought an italian beer was this good lol
    Coor's Original and Yuengling Lager. Plus a few others, mostly US and Canadian stuff.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    Coor's Original and Yuengling Lager. Plus a few others, mostly US and Canadian stuff.
    Yuengling is great, its a poor mans "good" beer if you will. Coors original is good shit, not too popular around where i live though, i buy it at the liquor store once and awhile but I never see it at the bars.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

What's a good starter beer?, I don't really care much for beer, and it doesnt take vvery many to mess me up. but I have had Bud Light Corona Light(piss in a bottle), and natty light. bud light in a bottle is the best I have had

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by smilin assassin View Post
    yep,pretty much started drinking MGD when I was in high school...i saw a good buddy from HS a couple years back and we had some beers... i ordered a MGD at the bar and he says 'damn, you still drink MGD huh?'
    Im actually drinking an MGD right now, I bought both the birra moretti and MGD lol

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel P. View Post
    What's a good starter beer?, I don't really care much for beer, and it doesnt take vvery many to mess me up. but I have had Bud Light Corona Light(piss in a bottle), and natty light. bud light in a bottle is the best I have had
    Corona light is shit. Regular corona drink in the summer when ur really thirsty preferably even outdoors if you can (picnic, bbq). natty light is piss college beer. Bud light is pretty good stuff for a light beer and very common. What kind of flavor did you like best out of the beers you've tried dude?

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

If you liked bud light a lot you might like the MGD, you'd prolly like regular Budweiser, michelob. those are like your main domestics they call these macros. Then you might be able to graduate to like a yuengling. If you wanna get fancy try Becks. these are all light colored beers. Try at least one dark beer like a smithwicks, this is a good starter dark. you might like darks who knows. hope this helped

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Yuengling is great, its a poor mans "good" beer if you will. Coors original is good shit, not too popular around where i live though, i buy it at the liquor store once and awhile but I never see it at the bars.
    That's exactly right- spoken like a true northeasterner. Yuengling Lager and it's cousins Black & Tan and Porter are pretty tasty, considering they are at the top end of the cheap beer scale.

I've been told Coor's Original is all but gone, eclipsed by the almighty Coors Light (which is great for a lite beer). It's former cousin Extra Gold actually dropped the Coors from the title, maybe it got sold or something.

Daniel P: If you're going to try it, go for the Corona and skip the lite. Best advice I can give you is what a friend told me, find a place that will sell you six-packs consisting of up to six individual brands. That's a more convenient way to sample stuff than spending hours in a bar.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

That's exactly right- spoken like a true northeasterner. Yuengling Lager and it's cousins Black & Tan and Porter are pretty tasty, considering they are at the top end of the cheap beer scale.

I've been told Coor's Original is all but gone, eclipsed by the almighty Coors Light (which is great for a lite beer). It's former cousin Extra Gold actually dropped the Coors from the title, maybe it got sold or something.

Daniel P: If you're going to try it, go for the Corona and skip the lite. Best advice I can give you is what a friend told me, find a place that will sell you six-packs consisting of up to six individual brands. That's a more convenient way to sample stuff than spending hours in a bar.
    ahaha at 17 he has a few years to worry about the bar anyways lol but yes i agree, he should find his supplier and try the following suggestions we made.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Believe it or not I totally agree with coors light being great for a light beer. Yeah beer nazi's will bag on it jus because its the "silver bullet" but I personally think it tastes great, refreshing, gets you where you wanna go, and it doesnt bloat your stomach up. Do you recommend extra gold? I've never had it

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Yuengling Lager SHAZAM!!!! the truth be told... good stuff right there.... americas oldest brewery... and best damned beer...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Miller highlife...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information