98 Formula
    06 duramax

been watching the news lately......

I used to never watch the news......depressing normally. They only report the bad things that happen or the community effort horse crap. Here lately though I've been watching it at night...not even sure why.
    Tonight I counted 5 times that they went back to the weather guy for reports. He has his quick report, detailed quick report, regular report, another quick report, and the last report. How many damn times do you need to show the 3 or 7 day forecast? It's only a 30 minute show...... if someone can't wait up a few minutes for a weather report then screw 'em...let 'em find out in the morning if it's raining or not. Why should I have to sit through the 7 day forecast 5 different times?
    Another thing. Where do these people go to learn to talk? Why do ALL news people sound exactly the same no matter what channel you're on or where you're at in the country? Every single "in the field" reporter in the whole damn country sounds exactly the same. They all trail off that last syllable trying to be dramtic. It's the news not broadway.
    Also, why does every single channel on tv commercial at the exact same time? Every time there's a commercial and I flip to another channel it's at a commercial too. Pisses me off. Stagger the commercials so I can watch a couple different channels at once.

Because likes movies and cable news has found the money is in advertisement and special groups.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

They all sound the same, until...

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

and to think when I was a kid the only time you got to see the weather forcast was 6 and 11 pm

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I remember spaz posting that. I haven't laughed that hard in a long long time.

that guy needs a sitcom

the remix

Impounded

79 T/A -91 Firebird
    1998 Trans Am -Oynx Black

What ever happened to that black news reporter that had a police sketch and it looked exactly like the reporter?

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

OMG i still laugh my ass off, county ass fugged up town

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

theres no fucking point in watching the weather on the news. those dipshits dont know what they fuck they are talking about. they couldnt forecast themselves taking a shit.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Could'nt Stand The Weather....FTW

Red
    1999 Pontiac TransAm

You also notice that all - and I mean all - field reporters end with "I'm so-and-so for whatever station I work for!" like we forgot which station we were watching, or we had to know their name, or we missed the BIG DAMN LOGO in the corner of the TV that takes up nearly 25% of the screen...man, I'm getting pissed just thinking about it. Who gives a flying f*ck who you are - just tell the news and get done already.

Glad someone else sees this kind of thing too. I thought I was the only one.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    theres no fucking point in watching the weather on the news. those dipshits dont know what they fuck they are talking about. they couldnt forecast themselves taking a shit.
    I watch Fox 23 just to see Chera

black black black
    77 swb

Now the stupid ass half news half access hollywood style "news" they have on in the morning here has the anchors sitting behind a desk with a big ass iced coffee from McDonalds on the desk in front of them.

They don't drink the damn things, they come back from commercial and they are still full to the top. If I were doing some stupid product placement, I would have them pour some out during each commercial to at least make it seem like they were drinking them.

We have a closet case homo named Jason and a ghetto queen named Monica talking about Paris Hilton right after they show news about a convenience store robbery. Usually involving a killing or two.

The news is a joke.

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    They all trail off that last syllable trying to be dramtic. It's the news not broadway.
    They make everything dramatic.

"Tonight at 10, a story that every parent needs to watch! Learn how to protect your kid from sticking a fork in an outlet. Also at 10, are YOU doing enough to keep your dog safe from sexually abusive prison escapees? All that, news, and weather starting now on news 2 at 10"

Living the Dream LS1FirehawkWS6's Avatar

2000 Trans-Am
    2007 Silverado 2500HD LTZ

I also don't watch the news. It is very depressing. But good news doesn't sell. That's all the media is about these days. Not relaying information to the general public, just making a fortune selling rumors on loosely based fact. I need weather, it's the weather channel.com other than that, no news for me.

Black
    2001 TransAm WS6

i personally heard this on live tv, had me laughing for a while

ps nsw for language

Impounded

NBM
    99 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I watch Fox 23 just to see Chera
    same here. but you have to admit it would be alot better if she didnt not talk. she stutters and mumbles all the time.

noelle newton is not bad either. she interviewed me and i was on the 9 o clock news about 7 months ago. witnessed a big mutha fuhka all doped up on speed straight up KO'd a male officer w/one punch. then he went after the female officer, tackled her, stradled her then was punching and kneeing her in the face.

all this took place about 25ft or so from us. literally across the street from us.

y didnt one of us go over and stop him? he was about 6'7 260 or so. im 5'8 155lbs. about the same size as my co-workers. we yelled and he looked at us and stopped. then back up showed up, he ran. finally caught him a few blocks down the road.

he injured a total of 6 officers before they could tackle him and get him into custody.

holy moly. sorry for the long rant. not trying to jack thread.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by LS1FirehawkWS6 View Post
    I also don't watch the news. It is very depressing. But good news doesn't sell. That's all the media is about these days. Not relaying information to the general public, just making a fortune selling rumors on loosely based fact. I need weather, it's the weather channel.com other than that, no news for me.
    I don't believe that. I don't think they give it a chance. The "good" stories they talk about 99% of the time is some community clean up drive or some other BS that 99% of the viewers don't care about anyhow. The right good news would sell just the same as bad news. Look at the number of hits Christian the Lion has on youtube. People do care, they're just not giving the opportunity. Pay attention sometime and look at the time devoted to say a lottery winner versus a child abuse case or something. They'll do 10 seconds on the lottery winner complete with footage to make the winner look as bad as possible. On a child abuse case they'll devote 5 minutes to it and interview everyone from prosecutors to former victims and get everyones opinion. The news wants to sell misery....it makes them feel like they're doing their job.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer Sooner View Post
    same here. but you have to admit it would be alot better if she didnt not talk. she stutters and mumbles all the time.

noelle newton is not bad either. she interviewed me and i was on the 9 o clock news about 7 months ago. witnessed a big mutha fuhka all doped up on speed straight up KO'd a male officer w/one punch. then he went after the female officer, tackled her, stradled her then was punching and kneeing her in the face.

all this took place about 25ft or so from us. literally across the street from us.

y didnt one of us go over and stop him? he was about 6'7 260 or so. im 5'8 155lbs. about the same size as my co-workers. we yelled and he looked at us and stopped. then back up showed up, he ran. finally caught him a few blocks down the road.

he injured a total of 6 officers before they could tackle him and get him into custody.

holy moly. sorry for the long rant. not trying to jack thread.
    I have a way to shut Chera up

Noelle Newton is a cutie too

Thread Information