Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beat my ticket!

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Beat my ticket!

Alright so a few months ago I got this bullshit ticket for honking at this jerk who was sitting at a green light. One honk that was it, I had enough time to come to a complete stop wait as few seconds accumulate 2 cars behind me then I gave him one honk. He goes on my way I go on mine and then a sheriff gets on my ass. When he get's up to the window he asks "whats the emergency?" Long story short you can only honk if you or someone else is about to die, if your just waking some asshole up talking on there phone it's illegal, because "you could scare them into making an unsafe move before they are ready". So I got a ticket for $159 told him have a nice day and went on my way, the other day I appeared in court to fight my ticket and the piggy didn't show up. Didn't even take me a halfhour judge called my name and I went on my way.
    If only he got me for my front license plate or cats

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Alright so a few months ago I got this bullshit ticket for honking at this jerk who was sitting at a green light. One honk that was it, I had enough time to come to a complete stop wait as few seconds accumulate 2 cars behind me then I gave him one honk. He goes on my way I go on mine and then a sheriff gets on my ass. When he get's up to the window he asks "whats the emergency?" Long story short you can only honk if you or someone else is about to die, if your just waking some asshole up talking on there phone it's illegal, because "you could scare them into making an unsafe move before they are ready". So I got a ticket for $159 told him have a nice day and went on my way, the other day I appeared in court to fight my ticket and the piggy
    THREAD
    OVER

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Good for you!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Alright so a few months ago I got this bullshit ticket for honking at this jerk who was sitting at a green light. One honk that was it, I had enough time to come to a complete stop wait as few seconds accumulate 2 cars behind me then I gave him one honk. He goes on my way I go on mine and then a sheriff gets on my ass. When he get's up to the window he asks "whats the emergency?" Long story short you can only honk if you or someone else is about to die, if your just waking some asshole up talking on there phone it's illegal, because "you could scare them into making an unsafe move before they are ready". So I got a ticket for $159 told him have a nice day and went on my way, the other day I appeared in court to fight my ticket and the piggy didn't show up. Didn't even take me a halfhour judge called my name and I went on my way.
    If only he got me for my front license plate or cats
    AWESOME!!!!!!!! i remember that thread and that's a fucking bullshit law if it exists. did the judge say anything?

Sebring Silver
    2000 CamaroSS

So did you ask the judge if it was illegal???

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Usally all the " I got a ticket cause Im a dumbass... how to I fight it?" threads on here are the members fault. But that was BS. If you had to wait at a green light... as did other cars, while some dumbass sat there, you had every right to blow a horn at him. Good to see he didnt show up and you didnt have to pay.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

once again I'm going to have to side with the cop. What happens if you pull up behind the next guy that's asleep at the wheel, honk your horn, and he gets out and shoots you in the face with a .45?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    once again I'm going to have to side with the cop. What happens if you pull up behind the next guy that's asleep at the wheel, honk your horn, and he gets out and shoots you in the face with a .45?
    Um, then I shoot him first with my .40 or dirty harry .44

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I would really like to know if this is a legit law or not. I have had a police officer tell me before you should honk if you are passing someone on a 2 lane highway before so they know you are coming around them. Very interested in this.

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

Side with the cop? wtf. Honk the fucking horn if someone isnt moving. And if he gets out with a gun run him the fuck over.

blue
    83 mustang 347

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I would really like to know if this is a legit law or not. I have had a police officer tell me before you should honk if you are passing someone on a 2 lane highway before so they know you are coming around them. Very interested in this.
    Depends on where you are. I remember signs in NYC that stated honking your horn was punishable by up to a $500 fine or some such

98 Formula
    06 duramax

most if not all states have laws against honking your horn unless it's an emergency.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ztrouble View Post
    Depends on where you are. I remember signs in NYC that stated honking your horn was punishable by up to a $500 fine or some such
    I did some poking around, and it is on the OK books that you are supposed to honk when passing. Its also on the books to not honk as you might scare the horses and it also makes some mention of not honking "excessively".

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Emergency like what? What could be a fucking emergency worthy enough of The Horn?

Oh my god, Im going to crash into this concrete wall!! EMERGENCY!!! HONK YOUR HORN!!!

Oh my god, my engine just seized up doing 80 mph, EMERGENCY!!! HONK YOUR HORN!!!

Seriously, WTF did they make a damn horn for if you cant use it on stupid people. Someone sitting at a green light is a danger to people traveling on that road. They see green, do not slow down over a slight hill (whatever) and then slam into a damn artard sleeping at a green.

Good you won that. Wonder what would have happened had the popo shown up.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    Just got my Texas CDL-B, the test and study guide, instruct you CLEARLY to flash your high beams AND HONK YOUR HORN ONCE, to alert the driver in front of you, that you intend to pass.............

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by FORD RECOVERY EXPERT View Post
    Just got my Texas CDL-B, the test and study guide, instruct you CLEARLY to flash your high beams AND HONK YOUR HORN ONCE, to alert the driver in front of you, that you intend to pass.............
    reminds me of a story

My best friend growing up went on vacation with his family. They were driving home early one morning and had been driving all night. Everyone in the car was asleep except for him and his dad who was driving. A semi was coming up behind them and my buddy did the old honk your horn sign to the driver as he was getting close. The semi driver blew the horn and scared the shit out of my buddies dad who then swerved off the road and went through a ditch into a corn field.

let's try this thread.

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

reminds me of a story

My best friend growing up went on vacation with his family. They were driving home early one morning and had been driving all night. Everyone in the car was asleep except for him and his dad who was driving. A semi was coming up behind them and my buddy did the old honk your horn sign to the driver as he was getting close. The semi driver blew the horn and scared the shit out of my buddies dad who then swerved off the road and went through a ditch into a corn field.

let's try this thread.
    Corn can be run over. If it was a tree field your post would justify "No Honking"

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

let's try this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Corn can be run over. If it was a tree field your post would justify "No Honking"

@Tree Field

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    AWESOME!!!!!!!! i remember that thread and that's a fucking bullshit law if it exists. did the judge say anything?
    I didn't ask he called me up, and told me the sherrif did not come in I was handed my papers and I left really didn't want to push anyones buttons
    Quote Originally Posted by rbob93 View Post
    So did you ask the judge if it was illegal???
    Technically I could have argued that the cars piling behind me was dangerous, all it takes is one student to be texting while driving see the green light and miss the cars and boom accident. So this case would have been was my action cause for an emergency-guess i'll never know
    Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Usally all the " I got a ticket cause Im a dumbass... how to I fight it?" threads on here are the members fault. But that was BS. If you had to wait at a green light... as did other cars, while some dumbass sat there, you had every right to blow a horn at him. Good to see he didnt show up and you didnt have to pay.
    If I got a ticket for doing 80 in a 65 I would not have made this thread, the sherrif was bored, he should have nailed the kids talking on there phones while driving or the ones breaking the speedlimit instead of getting on my case for waking up an incompetent driver.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

reminds me of a story

let's try this thread.
    That's like seeing a deer on a mountain road and most retards swerve to miss the fricken deer and end up over a cliff or into a tree just damn incompetence. Other than that that's funny.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information