Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BCS or BS

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

BCS or BS

Didn't see a thread on the latest BCS shenanigans...

What do you guys think about the National Championship game rematch?

Other bowl games?

Just want to bitch about something?

Worst Sugar Bowl selection EVER?!?!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

The two best teams are playing for the BCS championship, and it will be a much better/exciting game than 9-6 the second time with Bama hopefully winning.

Pewter
    '00 SS

LSU has to win for Les Miles to get out of Nick Saban shadow. Also, Bama is the 2nd best team BUT imo dont deserve to go. Same record as OK St and Bama did not play in their conference championship. Dont care that LSU and Bama are in the same conference and thats why. If you dont play in your conference championship, you dont derserve a national championship bid.
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Can't follow sports that are based on a poll and not actual stats

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    The two best teams are playing for the BCS championship, and it will be a much better/exciting game than 9-6 the second time with Bama hopefully winning.
    Agree with you there.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    LSU has to win for Les Miles to get out of Nick Saban shadow. Also, Bama is the 2nd best team BUT imo dont deserve to go. Same record as OK St and Bama did not play in their conference championship. Dont care that LSU and Bama are in the same conference and thats why. If you dont play in your conference championship, you dont derserve a national championship bid.
    The only problem with OKst is who they lost to. If they would have lost to a high ranked school like Bama, then I would say they definitely deserve to go... but Iowa st?!?! Bama deserves the #2 spot.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    Agree with you there.

The only problem with OKst is who they lost to. If they would have lost to a high ranked school like Bama, then I would say they definitely deserve to go... but Iowa st?!?! Bama deserves the #2 spot.
    I agree with bama being #2 but in my book no conference championship=no bcs nat'l championship

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

I agree with bama being #2 but in my book no conference championship=no bcs nat'l championship
    Well not all conferences had championship games. The Big10 up until this year didn't have one. And the national championship should be #1 vs. #2 always, no matter what.

There were talks of having a national championship playoff. Where the top 4 schools go to a BCS bowl game against eachother, and the 2 winners then move on to the national championship.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Agreed but that's the system. I believe K State got screwed the most.

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Agreed but that's the system. I believe K State got screwed the most.
    Boise State got screwed too.

Subjective voting by the other coaches is the problem as well. They've admitted ranking a team lower for their own team's benefit.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Last year the Packers were the #6 seed and not a division champion, yet they won the Super Bowl. The entire conference championship debate doesn't hold much weight for me. I watch a lot of college football and know the sport well. Right now the SEC is the best conference period, and honestly, OSU would not be able to hang with Bama or LSU. The 2 best teams are playing for the championship. This is coming from a B12 faithful supporter too.

With that being said, I have hated the BCS since its inception, its flawed, college football needs an 8 team/3 week playoff system or something that is actually played on the field to determine its champion instead of journalists/coachs/computers.

White
    '10 ZR1

Last year the Packers were the #6 seed and not a division champion, yet they won the Super Bowl. The entire conference championship debate doesn't hold much weight for me. I watch a lot of college football and know the sport well. Right now the SEC is the best conference period, and honestly, OSU would not be able to hang with Bama or LSU. The 2 best teams are playing for the championship. This is coming from a B12 faithful supporter too.

With that being said, I have hated the BCS since its inception, its flawed, college football needs an 8 team/3 week playoff system or something that is actually played on the field to determine its champion instead of journalists/coachs/computers.
    Agreed - as it sits right now, conference championships really don't mean jack shit.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    Agreed - as it sits right now, conference championships really don't mean jack shit.

100% agree with you. Just for debate sake, if LSU had somehow managed to lose a close game to Georgia in the SEC title game, I still think they would not have fallen further than #2 in the BCS and still would have been playing for the BCS title despite not winning their own conference. Its happened before, Oklahoma did it in 2003 and I believe Nebraska did it as well. The conference championship games are just a revenue generator and that is it, period.

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    Unless you're on a losing end of one... then they drop you right out of a BCS shot.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Unless you're on a losing end of one... then they drop you right out of a BCS shot.
    To the Rose bowl it is

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    To the Rose bowl it is
    You son of a bitch!!!!!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Not always true...............

Velocity Yellow
    2008 Corvette Z06

Not always true...............
    It is in my case... and they gave that bid to UofM in the Sugarbowl.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Ok ok. I agree with the game should be bama vs lsu cause they are the best teams. I am a die hard lsu fan and honesty dont wanna play bama again. Which is part of my reasoning for them not being able to go

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Ok ok. I agree with the game should be bama vs lsu cause they are the best teams. I am a die hard lsu fan and honesty dont wanna play bama again. Which is part of my reasoning for them not being able to go
    I wonder how many other LSU share those same sentiments but won't admit to it. Alabama really lost the first game more than LSU won it. I suspect both teams will score more like 20 points the second time around. Maybe Bama will have found a kicker by then as well

Pewter
    '00 SS

I hope they don't

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information