98 Formula
    06 duramax

BBQ pitmasters....

anyone watched this show on Discovery? I've been recording them and watching them. One of these days I'd like to cook in a competition but those guys have their shit together. Looks pretty intimidating really. Myron Mixon is a bad ass......guy knows his shit.

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

I love that guy.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

he tells it like it is. Walks the walk and talks the talk.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

there is no way i could compete with some of them...

great show but is it doin on discovery??? why the hell is discover and science channel puting shows like this on??? this should be on spike or another channel...

SOM
    2002 FireHawk

We also watch this program. It would be nice to be able to attend a few of these and be a judge! Gotta love good BBQ!

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Mixon has a class he gives.....I might have to go attend that one of these springs. It'd be cool to learn some tricks from one of the big dogs. They never tell you all their tricks. I know it pisses me off when I tell someone how I do something and then all of the sudden it's their great idea. A few of us do a small cook off during the summer and none of those guys even knew what a brisket was until they ate one I cooked. Now all of the sudden they're all brisket pro's. I also notice when I adjust how I do things it's not long before I notice they're doing it too. This is why you see these guys with tarps up around their prep tables and what not.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Now I want to get the grill out thanks

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    Mixon has a class he gives.....I might have to go attend that one of these springs. It'd be cool to learn some tricks from one of the big dogs. They never tell you all their tricks. I know it pisses me off when I tell someone how I do something and then all of the sudden it's their great idea. A few of us do a small cook off during the summer and none of those guys even knew what a brisket was until they ate one I cooked. Now all of the sudden they're all brisket pro's. I also notice when I adjust how I do things it's not long before I notice they're doing it too. This is why you see these guys with tarps up around their prep tables and what not.
    that's like my ex's one brother... she has 12 brothers and we'd all gather at my place pretty much every other weekend for some bbq ribs and chicken... the one took my bbq chicken recipe and told everyone that he made it up and i stole it from him...

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Give credit where credit is due, that's all. Our chicken recipe isn't ours, and we let everyone know it.

BBQ Pitmasters is okay, but kinda boring to just sit and watch.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Give credit where credit is due, that's all. Our chicken recipe isn't ours, and we let everyone know it.

BBQ Pitmasters is okay, but kinda boring to just sit and watch.
    I wish they would go more into some of the tech side of it instead of just showing them rub the meat and put it in the smoker. It's a black art really and even if someone tells you exactly how to do something you still have to practice a lot just to get average at it.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

Johhny Triggs 2 time world champion, $597,217 in winnings now this guy can cook.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    Johhny Triggs 2 time world champion, $597,217 in winnings now this guy can cook.
    if yan can cook you can cook too!!!

i would love to be good enough to even compete let alone become a finalist...

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I wish they would go more into some of the tech side of it instead of just showing them rub the meat and put it in the smoker. It's a black art really and even if someone tells you exactly how to do something you still have to practice a lot just to get average at it.

I agree 100%. The problem with this though is that these guys BBQ's are as much of a secret as is their sauces/recipes. There's no way in hell they're going to let you know what they're cooking with, let alone what they're cooking on. Except those crazy chinese guys with their low-tech bbq's and high-tech 'computers' lmao..

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by doberman 152 View Post
    Trigg couldn't carry Mixon's grill tongs.

Thread Information