Thread: Bartending...

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Bartending...

Ok, I am looking to get a bartending job. I've went to bartending school so I have a decent knowledge of making drinks, as well as alcohol awareness (CARE). The problem is, I cant find anyone that is hiring (looked on jobsearch websites). I've recently posted on craigslist but it keeps getting yanked. Any ideas will be appreciated.

Liquid Red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

I would say just go to bars close to your house and give them your resume\fill out an application. Ive found that most bars, at least in my area, dont advertise that they are hiring, and prefer to take referrals.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    Ok, I am looking to get a bartending job. I've went to bartending school so I have a decent knowledge of making drinks, as well as alcohol awareness (CARE). The problem is, I cant find anyone that is hiring (looked on jobsearch websites). I've recently posted on craigslist but it keeps getting yanked. Any ideas will be appreciated.
    get boobs, they help you get hired

Pewter
    99 Z/28

some chain restaurants hire from within for bartenders. night clubs and popular bars its more of who you know plus a good amount of proven fast paced work experience/ quick cash handling. try to use your network if you have one. If you aim for a restaurant bartender it may take a few months to become one, start as a server somewhere informing the managers with your intention and goal, they need to see your trustworthiness and work ethnics first. here you can start to build your network and connections. For those night clubs and popular bars the bottom line is experience man they don't want you to slow the business down. like in coyote ugly lol

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

no offense, but there are actually bartending schools?

what does it consist of? how long is it?

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by Red97GTP View Post
    I would say just go to bars close to your house and give them your resume\fill out an application. Ive found that most bars, at least in my area, dont advertise that they are hiring, and prefer to take referrals.
    Im feeling thats is what Ive should have done at this one place. I filled out my information in a "contact us" section. Maybe I'll give them a call if I dont hear anything in a week. Im willing to pretty much take anything since I dont have experience.

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE View Post
    no offense, but there are actually bartending schools?

what does it consist of? how long is it?
    It is to get ur bartending license. some states require them, New York surprisingly isnt one of them. I actually found it helpful just to actually get familiar with pours, liquors, types of drinks, etc.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I'm not sure how it is up your way, or if moving is a feasible option, but applying everywhere in a college town would be your best bet.

Around here it's always being advertised, no experience necessary, they'll teach you drinks, no license req., etc etc. And there is at least 50 bars in our small downtown section. The pay didn't seem too bad either.

It would be something I would consider, if my time wasn't taken up by being a customer at said bars.

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    I'm not sure how it is up your way, or if moving is a feasible option, but applying everywhere in a college town would be your best bet.

Around here it's always being advertised, no experience necessary, they'll teach you drinks, no license req., etc etc. And there is at least 50 bars in our small downtown section. The pay didn't seem too bad either.

It would be something I would consider, if my time wasn't taken up by being a customer at said bars.
    That last sentence is why I've decided to do it. I'm always hanging out at one, so might as well get paid for it.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Quote Originally Posted by cujo View Post
    That last sentence is why I've decided to do it. I'm always hanging out at one, so might as well get paid for it.
    What bar in buffalo? I will be up in E aurora tomorrow for some boozing.

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    What bar in buffalo? I will be up in E aurora tomorrow for some boozing.
    Go to the wales center hotel, place is fun as hell. Ill be there tonight

Arctic White
    2002 WS.6 Trans Am

HMMMM try this site www.indeed.com. I just typed in your criteraia BARTENDING and then Buffalo, NY. get 3 Hits 2 Part-Time and 1 Full-Time. Indeed is the Master Site that will link you to all jobs on all sites. Here is a link to the actual search I did. Could try other locations as well. Good Luck!!!

http://www.indeed.com/jobs?q=bartending&l=buffalo%2C+ny

Thread Information