Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

Barrett Jackson Muscle

Who else has been watching Barrett Jackson on speed? these cars are so gorgeous I die a little inside every time i see them being sold to someone else..

Funny part is that i live in scottsdale, the auction is going on 5 miles away from where i live!

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

I'm watching it, but not as closly as I did years before. Because after veiwing the list of cars to be auctioned.............I found out that there are very few Firebirds being sold. 2 Trans Ams tonight - Friday, 1 Firebird - Saturday and 3 TA's and 1 Firebird - Sunday.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Ive been watching also. I would love to go check it out one time. Also I wanna go to the SEMA show sometime also. Off topic i know but just sayin
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 024mula View Post
    I'm watching it, but not as closly as I did years before. Because after veiwing the list of cars to be auctioned.............I found out that there are very few Firebirds being sold. 2 Trans Ams tonight - Friday, 1 Firebird - Saturday and 3 TA's and 1 Firebird - Sunday.
    and I've found everytime a fourth gen comes to the block they go to commercial, never fails, yet they'll definitely get all the '69 Camaros and '57 Chevys, because lord knows you never see those.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    and I've found everytime a fourth gen comes to the block they go to commercial, never fails, yet they'll definitely get all the '69 Camaros and '57 Chevys, because lord knows you never see those.
    The classic muscle is why I watch

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

024mula, I was actually thinking the same thing.. there are tons of Mustangs, Camaros, GTOs, Corvettes, but i didn't hear Firebird or Trans Am once.

I just went yesterday after 5pm..saw a lot of beautiful classics, and even a "blue devil" ZR1 on display. Its pretty cool there!

Ray Charles blue

Prices are so inflated its not even funny. This show is killing the price of cars and by that inflating them over what they are really worth.

People buy them for that price because they are on TV and its a status thing to buy it at that auction. Same car somewhere else will be 25% cheaper. All its done is jack prices up.

I still watch though.

Awaiting Activation

Light Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Prices are so inflated its not even funny. This show is killing the price of cars and by that inflating them over what they are really worth.

People buy them for that price because they are on TV and its a status thing to buy it at that auction. Same car somewhere else will be 25% cheaper. All its done is jack prices up.

I still watch though.
    I agree but IMO the price being paid is more like 50% too much from what I'm seeing this time around.

1998 Trans Am

you have to remember also that most of the cars going through there are over-restored, full rotisserie, hundreds of man-hours into them, many are worth the price... but then local mechanic Jimbo finds a rusty 318 Charger in a field, slaps some bondo and a Maaco paint job on it and thinks he owns a gold mine.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Not to mention auction fees figured in.

Pewter
    '00 SS

535k for a tractor? Wow. Great cause though. If I was injured while On deployment I would want my family there the whole time. Crazy thing is I have never heard of it.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
    Barrett Jackson: Ruining the collector car market one car at a time! Too bad, alot of those cars are going for so much to the "cocktail" crowd, that they'll get put in collections and never seen again. I was at the Mecum auction in KC in December. Cars are alot closer to actual value at Mecum. And it's why I havent hardly watched BJ at all, but I'll be going to the Mecum auction in Kissimmee next week

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    535k for a tractor? Wow. Great cause though. If I was injured while On deployment I would want my family there the whole time. Crazy thing is I have never heard of it.
    Yea, but Jay Leno owned it and sat in the seat. Big Wooop! But, after a couple of years when the new owner tries to sell it, he won't get jack for it.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Was over at a female's house last night and her uncle just bought a car from there for 300,000. I tried to get details on what it was exactly, but she didn't know. Fail.

1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Barrett Jackson: Ruining the collector car market one car at a time! Too bad, alot of those cars are going for so much to the "cocktail" crowd, that they'll get put in collections and never seen again. I was at the Mecum auction in KC in December. Cars are alot closer to actual value at Mecum. And it's why I havent hardly watched BJ at all, but I'll be going to the Mecum auction in Kissimmee next week
    Mecum cars do go for cheaper, but I have a theory why.. when I watch Mecum on Velocity, everytime one of the announcers talks about a car, they have to lean-on, and wipe their sweaty hands all over it. the BJ guys are a lot better about it.

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    Mecum cars do go for cheaper, but I have a theory why.. when I watch Mecum on Velocity, everytime one of the announcers talks about a car, they have to lean-on, and wipe their sweaty hands all over it. the BJ guys are a lot better about it.
    Yeah that's got nothing to do with it.

Silver
    2002 Trans Am WS6

lol

White
    '10 ZR1

The best deal I saw on there was an '87 Buick Grand National with ~15K miles(I think a little less) go for 21K. I thought that was pretty good!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

Sounds like I'm like you guys. Just get upset over some of the prices and knowing these cars probably won't ever get used.

Pewter
    '00 SS

My dad has a 70 Challenger 440 six pack that had a body off restoration. Everything numbers matching.

I saw one that had appearance things done but caught the end of it. So dont know about the engine. It sold for 74k. If thats the case, how much would he get? No way he would ever sell it but I wonder what it would go for.

Thread Information