Thumbs up back me up on the Z06

One of my friends on facebook posted the following statement: I just ordered my new 2010 Zo6 Corvette. It is a black convertible hard top. It is amazing the difference in price of a coupe and a Zo6....of around 30 grand. Here is my advice to all. If you see a good opportunity, you better jump on it. Always search for ways to make money. Some are good, some aren't, but if you don't ever try, then you won't find the good ones.

I'm calling B.S. because, correct me if I'm wrong, the Z06 is only available as hard top. Am I right?
    Thanks in advance,
    Scott

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

z06 is only hard top

he might of misspoke

nah, he's a dork trying to impress a bunch of people

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

You are correct. all though there are some ZO6s that have had a after market convertible conversion.
    Torch Red -1999 FRC Corvette- Borla Stinger exhaust, Halltech Stinger intake

Yeah, but not for the sticker price of a Z06. I'm sure that adds to it considerably more money!!

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    You are correct. all though there are some ZO6s that have had a after market convertible conversion.
    Click for full size
    god that is sexy..but i am a bit of a z06 purest ya know...the z06 is a track car made to do that..so to cut it and make it more of a cruiser ..ehhh ..keep em hardtops

Every day is a gift-enjoy preston1980's Avatar

Torch Red
    1999 Corvette Hardtop

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    god that is sexy..but i am a bit of a z06 purest ya know...the z06 is a track car made to do that..so to cut it and make it more of a cruiser ..ehhh ..keep em hardtops
    +1 unless your rich and can afford to have both.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by preston1980 View Post
    +1 unless your rich and can afford to have both.
    touche good sir ...touche

Ghosting..
    09 G8 GT, 94 Z28, 86 IROC

I think that convert Z06 was done by Tbyrne about 2 years ago

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by low_life View Post
    One of my friends on facebook posted the following statement: I just ordered my new 2010 Zo6 Corvette. It is a black convertible hard top. It is amazing the difference in price of a coupe and a Zo6....of around 30 grand. Here is my advice to all. If you see a good opportunity, you better jump on it. Always search for ways to make money. Some are good, some aren't, but if you don't ever try, then you won't find the good ones.

I'm calling B.S. because, correct me if I'm wrong, the Z06 is only available as hard top. Am I right?
    Thanks in advance,
    Scott
    You sir, are 100% correct. They're all hardtops.

She makes me Retarded!

Black
    2007 ZO6

It's a 2010 Chevrolet Corvette Grand Sport. C6 Convertible with Z06 wide body kit. Doesn't have the LS7, doesn't have an aluminum frame, is in no way close to a Z06 (other than fenders).

Click for full size

Since Chevrolet announced the return of the Corvette Grand Sport for 2010, we've been given detailed information on what the trim level will include as well as its starting price – $55,720 for the coupe and $59,530 for the convertible. What we haven't been given is a truly good look at the Grand Sport, having to make due with a single profile shot.

Chevy has just released six new images of the GS in both coupe and convertible form that finally show off the exterior changes. Most obvious are the new gills that sit behind the front wheels and vent air from the larger brakes. The Grand Sport also gets that air inlet on the leading edge of its hood from the Z06, as well as the air scoop behind each door and front splitter. Those front and rear fenders are also both wider than what you get on a base Corvette, all in order to accommodate wider tires fitted to Grand Sport-specific wheels. Though the engine remains the same, GS Vettes do get an upgraded suspension and your choice of a manually tranny or six-speed auto.

Replacing the Z51 package, the new Grand Sport really does seem like the perfect compromise between a garden variety Corvette and the harder edged Z06. Check out the rest of our Grand Sport photos in the gallery below.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/06/12/p...om-all-angles/
    Chevrolet is bringing the Grandsport Corvette back as a 2010 model, after a break of 15 years. The Corvette Grandsports have held their own position in the market and you can catch a bit of their history by going through these pictures of the 1964 Chevy Gransport that Anthony recently captured.

The Grandsport gets wider, grippier tires and rims (18 in-19 in front-rear), revised shocks, a new stabilizer bar and spring specifications. This should go a long way in improving the handling characteristics. The result of these modifications – cornering forces of 1.0g! better have that neck restraint ready. The engine remains the same LS3 V8 with 430 bhp (321kW) and 424lb-ft (575Nm) of torque but get the additional two mode exhaust system and you can get 436hp (325kW) and 428lb-ft (580Nm). As a result of all these, the Grandsport reaches 62 mph a whole 0.2 seconds faster than the standard model.

http://www.carzi.com/2009/04/29/2010...te-grandsport/

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

^---what he said.

Old: 00 WS6, 02 Z06, 79TA
    11 F350 CC 6.7L

People who buy cars such as corvettes and don't even know what they are getting really sadden me.

murdered out 06 z06

a fully loaded c6 vert could cost as much as a base model z06

Thread Information