Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

1997 Formula & 2003 cobra

Bachelorette TV show DILEMMA

Anyone knows it or watches it?

Well, long story short, I have been nominated for that show by a couple friends back in june and I met with the producers whom took my pics and video.

Months later, they called me and wanted me to be on the show, but damn it, i have a gf now. they said that send in, da da by the end of oct. and we will fly u to LA to start this. I said ok but I didnt because I chose my new gf over it even though i know i could make SHIT LOADS OF MONEY by choosing that. So, i didnt send anything to them, and now another producer emailed me and said that they wouldnt have pushed me to be on the show if they didnt think i would be an excellent person for the show. Please call them, da da da...

This email arrived yesterday, and i want to do this but then I dont want to give up this nice girl whom i have been with for 4 months and love.

What do you think fellas? spit it out..
    Last edited by Musclefan21; 11-16-2010 at 09:03 AM.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Who gives a shit about that show. If you love your girlfriend and wanna stay with her, do so.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

The fact that you're asking tells me how you feel. Go on the show. You're looking for someone to validate your decision to go for the money and fame rather than staying with your girlfriend. If you loved her, as you say you do, this wouldn't even be a question in your mind...

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post
    The fact that you're asking tells me how you feel. Go on the show. You're looking for someone to validate your decision to go for the money and fame rather than staying with your girlfriend. If you loved her, as you say you do, this wouldn't even be a question in your mind...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Do yourself a favor and save yourself the embarrassment, as well as your friends, family and girlfriend and decline the invitation

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

derr its a reality show. It's already scripted that you'll be kicked out during the 5th episode so who gives a fuck. Do it, get your money, and you'll also have a foot in the door in that sector if you so desire to pursue something like that.

And if it's actually for real... just tell the girlfriend all that so you have something to fall back on.

Here's some real talk, man. Sure, you love this chick and the world is perfect after 4 months (lol) of being together, but how often do you pass cute girls in the street? At the store? At work? All of whom can come into your life easily with just an introduction. On the flip side, how often does an opportunity of a lifetime fall into your lap? See where I'm going with this?

Women are a dime a dozen. When your current relationship fails in one years time, will you look back and be glad you passed up this opportunity?

Being on a TV show like that will bring you more poon than ever, even if you get nixed soon into the season.

I may be a misogynist, but I am logical.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

I'm with Schmalgar and Siggy on this. If I were in a relationship with a woman who made me happy, money wouldn't be important.

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Hmmm, well the only way you'll get money/fame from the show is if u advance towards the end. The chances of that happening are prolly pretty dim. Is it worth the risk? Maybe, maybe not. U will def not meet your true love on that show, but it could open up doors for some hot ass. And since you're considering it, you def don't care too much for your gf.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Do yourself a favor and save yourself the embarrassment, as well as your friends, family and girlfriend and decline the invitation
    Listen to her. She's closer to the 'business' than you might think.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

tell your girl the story... tell her the money you'll make... if she really loves you she'll understand and go buy all kinds of shit with the money you made...

Quote Originally Posted by Schmalgar View Post

I do love her but I am broke and this could bring a lot of cash and thats why i tempted to it. If I didnt love her, i would take the opportunity immediately when they first offered in october.

I mentioned it to her and she laughed.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Now that's some sound logic from a 22 year old college kid who currently hates females.

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    derr its a reality show. It's already scripted that you'll be kicked out during the 5th episode so who gives a fuck. Do it, get your money, and you'll also have a foot in the door in that sector if you so desire to pursue something like that.

And if it's actually for real... just tell the girlfriend all that so you have something to fall back on.

Here's some real talk, man. Sure, you love this chick and the world is perfect after 4 months (lol) of being together, but how often do you pass cute girls in the street? At the store? At work? All of whom can come into your life easily with just an introduction. On the flip side, how often does an opportunity of a lifetime fall into your lap? See where I'm going with this?

Women are a dime a dozen. When your current relationship fails in one years time, will you look back and be glad you passed up this opportunity?

Being on a TV show like that will bring you more poon than ever, even if you get nixed soon into the season.

I may be a misogynist, but I am logical.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Random Factoid: Mike "The Situation" will earn about $5 million this year from advertising endorsements, etc. All he does on the Jersey Shore is get drunk and fuck bitches. Think about that work/profit ratio. Just sayin'.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Should I restate when I said above?

Random Factoid: Mike "The Situation" will earn about $5 million this year from advertising endorsements, etc. All he does on the Jersey Shore is get drunk and fuck bitches. Think about that work/profit ratio. Just sayin'.

The majority of the people on those shows come out looking like a bunch of clowns and I doubt your 5 mins on a reality show is likely to bring you a great deal of fame and fortune.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by SiggyZ View Post
    Should I restate when I said above?
    I know it won't be like that for the OP, the situation is just really lucky. However, even though we make fun of these bullshit reality shows, being on one does open up opportunities, which IMO is in the OP's best interest.

Actually I don't really know what's in his best interest because I don't know what he does or what his goals are.... but come on, having him drop some internet memes during one of the reality show interview-confessional things would be hilarious, wouldn't it?

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Not if it'll risk him losing someone special in his life. Money comes and goes and the last thing I'd wanna do is waste something special away on one of those bullshit reality shows.

I know it won't be like that for the OP, the situation is just really lucky. However, even though we make fun of these bullshit reality shows, being on one does open up opportunities, which IMO is in the OP's best interest.

Actually I don't really know what's in his best interest because I don't know what he does or what his goals are.... but come on, having him drop some internet memes during one of the reality show interview-confessional things would be hilarious, wouldn't it?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Sassy Cassie View Post
    The majority of the people on those shows come out looking like a bunch of clowns and I doubt your 5 mins on a reality show is likely to bring you a great deal of fame and fortune.
    That is a fact. Very few people take anything away from those shows other than looking like a desperate idiot. Especially The Bachelor or The Bachelorette.

But, that's just my opinion...

I dont care about fame. I just thought this would open the doors for some $$ which I am in need just like everyone else.

I probably will decline the offer pretty much once again. However, part of me does want to do this and it is because of money. And yes, I do love my girlfriend. If I didn't, TRUST ME, i wouldnt have posted this thread. I would go for it.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

I'd suggest you decline it and look for another way to make money. Put your Termi up for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Musclefan21 View Post
    I dont care about fame. I just thought this would open the doors for some $$ which I am in need just like everyone else.

I probably will decline the offer pretty much once again. However, part of me does want to do this and it is because of money. And yes, I do love my girlfriend. If I didn't, TRUST ME, i wouldnt have posted this thread. I would go for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information