Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Automatic Toilet Tissue Dispenser Ready

Richard Thorne grins as he waves his hand under a toilet paper dispenser in a women's restroom. The machine spits five sheets of tissue into his grasp.

A year in the works, the electronic tissue dispenser is being rolled out to the masses by Kimberly-Clark Professional as it seeks to capture more of the $1 billion away-from-home toilet paper market. The company believes most people will be satisfied with five sheets _ and use 20 percent less toilet paper.

"Most people will take the amount given," says Thorne. Waxing philosophical, he adds, "People generally in life will take what you give them."

Kimberly-Clark turned to focus groups and years of internal research to determine just how much is right.

Americans typically use twice as much toilet paper as Europeans _ as much as an arm's length each pull, Thorne says. The company decided the best length is about 20 inches _ or precisely five standard toilet paper squares, though the machine can also be adjusted to churn out 16 inches or 24 inches, depending on the demand.
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/4958584.html

Two things:

1st, how did we ever live without this thing?

2nd, how much toilet paper do you use? Depending on the quality of the dump, I use between 5-6 sheets. I suppose that is almost an arm's lengh but I don't think I'd be comfortable using less.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

That would drive me crazy. 5 sheets would never cut it for me. (I think I may have some kind of disorder when it comes to my cleanliness though) I hate all of that automated junk they put in bathrooms anyway. The sinks I can never get to stay on for more than about 2 seconds at a time, and then they take me another 5 seconds to get them going again. I've gotten shot with automated soap dispensers multiple times now. I hate the stupid paper towel dispensers that only give you one towel to dry your hands. (I have recently found that all you have to do is pull on the serated edge to make another come out though) And now this... Thats just me though.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinohuey View Post
    That would drive me crazy. 5 sheets would never cut it for me. (I think I may have some kind of disorder when it comes to my cleanliness though)...
    yeah its called: OCD...

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    yeah its called: OCD...
    Haha. It wouldn't be the first time I've heard that.

Impounded
    One more and I'm gone....

haha.....when i take a dump, i grap the end of the TP and I whip it as hard as i can so that 125 sheets come out....NO BS

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by burnws6 View Post
    haha.....when i take a dump, i grap the end of the TP and I whip it as hard as i can so that 125 sheets come out....NO BS
    I do that at any public bathroom I use. At home though, where we have the good toilet paper, I use a strip that is exactly long enough to reach the floor from the roll. And then I use about 6 more of that length.

Impounded

Quote Originally Posted by Rhinohuey View Post
    I do that at any public bathroom I use. At home though, where we have the good toilet paper, I use a strip that is exactly long enough to reach the floor from the roll. And then I use about 6 more of that length.
    It PISSES me off...when i go to my friends house and they got the shittiest toilet paper in the fuckin world...damn thing feels like frozen sandpaper....i gotta have the fluffiest shit in the market.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by burnws6 View Post
    It PISSES me off...when i go to my friends house and they got the shittiest toilet paper in the fuckin world...damn thing feels like frozen sandpaper....i gotta have the fluffiest shit in the market.
    The fluffy stuff is good, but if there is one thing I hate, its 2-ply toilet paper where the 2 sheets aren't attatched together very good, and when you try to wipe, the sheets just separate and slide across each other. That drives me crazy.

Impounded

rhino....when it comes to wiiping asses...u and me have a lot in common

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Haha. If I can find, I'll have to send you the PowerPoint I made for a school assignment in 10th grade. It pretty much covers all this stuff. It was the class favorite.

Impounded

sweet...although it makes me uncomfortable getting e-mail's from a RHINO HUEY sounds like a stage name

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Haha, yep its my stage name. Everybody calls me rhino for some reason (I guess because my names Ryan) and I just added the huey becuase my last name is Hughes.

Impounded

yea.....but ya got the same car as i do...so you must be alright.

ALEX IS PROB. SOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS OF YOU

LMFAO

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

This item does not impress me. Now if it were to whipe my ass for me, that would be impressive.

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    This item does not impress me. Now if it were to whipe my ass for me, that would be impressive.
    That would be impressive....I'm going to have to look further into "automated ass-wipers"

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

How lazy can we get? Man, what is the world coming to? Next thing you know people will be getting toilet seat warmers for those cold morning shits.
    "I am the executioner. When a crime is committed and the exalted state does not take vengeance nor move to punish, then comes time for the executioner to declare himself. I have waited long enough. The criminals are hereby sentenced to death. By fire. By earth. By water."

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    How lazy can we get? Man, what is the world coming to? Next thing you know people will be getting toilet seat warmers for those cold morning shits.
    something about a cold seat...just makes it seem more sanatary...like...i'm the only one using it

Red
    2005 Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    aww that would be nice tho

UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

We thought of that shit (lol) while at NWTC (Northern Warfare Training Center) Alaska. That place was soooo cold (-50F to -80F). Felt like I was shitting Icicles.

We thought about warm toilets with heated seats!!lol

Black/Diamond White
    2007 Zo6/67 Lemans 498 BB

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/fn/4958584.html

Two things:

1st, how did we ever live without this thing?

2nd, how much toilet paper do you use? Depending on the quality of the dump, I use between 5-6 sheets. I suppose that is almost an arm's lengh but I don't think I'd be comfortable using less.
    I would agree that 5-6 sheets seems reasonable, but I am privy to other girls' toilet habits. Sometimes these tiolet-eers need stretches way beyond that of normal usage. This select group that I am refering to are the "back-to-front" kind of gals. You can take it from there and understand why they are generally not comfortable....using less- its a mess.
    Bottlle fed.........and not scared!!
    Drive it like you stole it. Make your husband buy the tires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information