Thread: ATV forum?

ATV forum?

What are some good ATV/ 4-wheeler forums?
    67 Camaro with 87 GN power
    1.34 60' (on drag radials)
    6.34@110.8-1/8
    10.04@134-1/4
    99 Camaro SS
    86 Buick T-type WH1
    04 KFX 700 V-Force

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

what kinda atvs i wanna look for?

my dads got a 01 arctic cat 400 4x4, fun as hell but not fast...try googling atv forums lol that should return some results

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

atvconnection.com

impulse blue
    06 GTO

try thumper.com

Thanks guys, I just bought a Warrior for my wife. I am still looking for something for me. I am trying to decide what I want, maybe a V-Force or a Raptor.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Quote Originally Posted by 67turbocamaro View Post
    Thanks guys, I just bought a Warrior for my wife. I am still looking for something for me. I am trying to decide what I want, maybe a V-Force or a Raptor.
    honda trx 450r man...ive never riddin any atv that pulled like that...forget about a raptor...or if u want yamaha the yzf 450f or something....almost as good as the trx.. theyll run you quite a few g's though

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

forget about a raptor? its one of the best high performance quads you can buy especially if racing is not a priority. the latest one is almsot all new as well elminating the things that sucked on the first version. you cant go wrong with the 2 450rs but keep in mind they are also race quads. you can beat the shit out of a raptor day in and day out and with 700ccs its actually faster straightline the yzf. how do i know? one of my friends has both. we both raced and switched bikes and the raptor one everytime. but throw corners in the mix and thats where the yzf shines. the new raptor has a hybrid steel/aluminum frame, fuel inj. which means no more jetting issues with mods, and 686 ccs. pretty fuckin awesome quad in my book.

The YFZ 450 pulls like a damn train in all rpms and i know for a fact a 450R will not hold a candle to it in a drag race. not a chance -- ive had both at the same time. sold my YFZ and 450R before the new 700 Raptor came out but heard the Raptor has a bit more top end, never got to run one. they are all considered sport quads and dont have to be raced, the Raptor is just as much a "race quad" as any of the others mentioned BTW.

www.highlifter.com is really good if you like 4x4 quads

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

yeah i dont know about the new raptor but the older one could have been alot faster for 660 cc's. the 450 are for racing though and handle like nothing else out there

Silver, Black
    03 Viper, 05 Escalade

i have been riding/racing atvs since i could walk. the raptor is a powerhouse, but certainly isnt a full blooded race quad. i had to modifying to mine to keep it from tipping. both the trx and yfz450 are excellent quads, but in my opinion, once modding begins the banshee is by far superior. the twin cylinder 2 stroke engine rips with a simple set of toomeys and wiseco performance pistons. it will still cost less than a mildly modified yfz and will beat it if it is equal riders riding.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

the banshee has one hell of a motor and its a real thrill ride but i dont think you could really compare the chassis to the newer race quads. yes you can improve the suspension but the geometry jus isnt there. but i also think a good rider on a really nice banshee would have no problem beating up on most 450r riders who are mostly riders who bought way more quad then they need or ever use. i see people on 450rs all the time that are afraid of them.

in a straight line or duning the banshee is king but trails and especially motocross the shee is at the bottom of the list compared to some of the newer sport quads. its outdated frame is way too heavy also

Well I ended up with a 2004 Kawasaki 700 V-force. I traded a guy at work a couple of dirt bikes and some cash for it. I am not sure if I like the auto trans, but I couldn't pass up the deal I got. I can always sell it or trade it if I find something I like better.

Thread Information