Page 1 of 18 12345 ... LastLast
    Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit

Atheism vs. Intelligent Design (Christianity also)

http://www.atheists.org/christianity/index.html

http://www.intelligentdesignnetwork.org/

Personally, I was raised as a Christian but I see things VERY objectively now. I see Christianity and other religions as belief systems and nothing more. What about you guys? What do you believe and why? This should be an interesting discussion. I brought this up because my good friend died in bed this past weekend and he was only 24 years old. I am also 24 years old and his death really got me thinking about this stuff. He had diabetes but I'm not sure what caused his death yet.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

i didnt read those 2 links yet cuz its way to late for me right now.... but im an atheist.
    i had this discussion with some ppl in another thread, but i was just saying that it seems like religion was only created to explain answers to questions noone knows. being an atheist, im just not even going to ask those questions, so i can live free of worrying about them etc.

i really dont see any logic in christianity. i dont have a better explanation for how everything came to be, but pretty much every religion ive ever heard ofjust sounds wrong.

also, being without a religion, i dont have to live by religious standards and rules. i live my life guided by my personal morals only. (and government laws obviously... for the most part lol)

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

also im very sorry to hear about your friend. 24 is a young age, thats scary.

i would say death is just like an eternal sleep/dream. ya know how when ur sleeping, you dont know it. and when ur dreaming, it all seems so real and u never think "oh im just dreaming".. until u wake up?

if your just dreaming forever, how long is forever? idk, its shit like that that confuses me. but hey its the best i can come up with

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

I didn't read the links either, but to not belive there is not a greater power at work is just living in denial. One day you will come to see and believe it. There are alot of warped beliefs out there on both sides though!

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

i think religiously following any religion is only to comfort yourself. i dont see how not worrying about it is considered denial. i dont think there is a higher power out there. i think science, and physics explain everything.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    i think religiously following any religion is only to comfort yourself. i dont see how not worrying about it is considered denial. i dont think there is a higher power out there. i think science, and physics explain everything.
    Look deeper you'll figure it out eventually.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

or you look deeper. theres no proof that either of us are right.

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

No, but once you experience certain things you start to belive more things.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

i was already raised christian and changed my mind about all of it

Blog Entries

2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

i was already raised christian and changed my mind about all of it
    Trust me at 16 you don't have all the answers. I'm twice that and still don't. In the future you will change your mind again.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

i highly doubt that. i have very strong oppinions about religion and death etc. and every day my curiosity grows, and i grow farther away from christianity and other religions. unless some drastic miracle happens in my life that has a religious explanation, i doubt i will ever move backwards

Black
    2000 WS6 6spd Hooker LT

I was raised a Christian. It is a great place to start with morals. Then, I took it to the next logical level and realized there is no God out there to watch over our puny little lives in this vast, infinite universe. I want to puke when I see athletes score and then raise there hand or something to the sky and thank their god for letting them score. So, god enabled them to score? Why did he not enable someone to defend against the score? We could be the result of alien experimentation, how is that for an idea. Then, the aliens who visit are our gods just like we could be gods to inferior lifeforms in the future by manipulating their lives. Something to think about.
    Last edited by Too Fast; 02-11-2007 at 05:54 AM. Reason: misspell

Cyclone Grey Metallic
    2006 GTO

I also think that religion is a crutch for people who are in times of need, scared, etc. It is also easily used to control the weakminded as we've seen throughout history. I'm not about abolishing it though because it still does help lots of people all over the world every day.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

One reason I find it hard to be religious is all the chaos it has cause. It has also caused "people of the lord" to become rediculously wealthy and powerful in the past. Seems like a good motive to write a book to me. What about the bible? It was put together 400 years after Jesus Christ died by someone who was not even a christian in the first place and the beliefs and holidays were changed and distorted to meet the wants of both Pagans and Christians to prevent being overthrown. Religion has always been based around the needs and wants of people and written and created by people. Doesnt sound very divine to me.

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

OH MY GOD!!! TOOFAST, 91Z28, and JUICED i absolutely love all of you. that is exactly what ive always been trying to explain, but i could never get the words right.

wow i like this thread.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

OH MY GOD!!! TOOFAST, 91Z28, and JUICED i absolutely love all of you. that is exactly what ive always been trying to explain, but i could never get the words right.

wow i like this thread.
    Atheist as well. <<<<<< I think its really sad that in this day an age atheists are the least trusted of any american citizen.
    I jus dont feel the need for religion in my life. I dont need it to dictate how I live my life. I know right from wrong. I find more chaos has religion at its core then anything. 98 percent of Us prison inmates are believers . Think about that for a minute.
    Why does god need Joe blow to believe in him? Does he have self esteem issues? The almighty creator doesnt have the balls to jus show face for once. Even if its for a few minutes. Yet we get these people who claim they see things in glass windows. Its jus stupid.
    Religion in school? Evolution a theory? Science proves everything. All science starts in theory and is either proven or disproven in experimentation/research. Theres plenty of evidence in fossils that proves evolutions very existence. No proof of gods. Yet its not couthe to be an atheist. Believes use religion as easy explanations for that which they dont understand. Heck I dont understand how my cd rom drive works but that doesnt mean some deity has any bearing on its creation. Some engineers invented things like that.
    Doctors. Man it must suck to perform a 6 hr surgery and then have patient and family thank god for it. Heck if it was jus gods ivolvement the doc didnt have to do shit.
    Sports. When Michael Jordan and the Bulls 3 peated God was wearing a BUlls jersey? God was an Indianapolis Colts fan this year?
    Death. God thought that my uncle at 36 yrs of age, about to start a family, no criminal record, always helped people etc. He thought it was his "time". I jus dont except this shit.

my 2 cents

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

I believe in God. I believe God created the universe and all in it. And believe Jesus was God in human form. I also am of the mind that people/mortal man took some liberty's with actual events and that is what is scrutinized by the non believers. Thus dismissing the entire message from God. Want to screw something up....inject human beings into the equation.
    Furthermore I believe todays global religions have totally screwed Gods message and promise to us all. That is the ten commandments. Simple. I don't believe if I go to church God is happier with me than if I didn't go to church. I believe God to be a loving and forgiving God.
    Many confuse belief in God and religion. Two totally separate things man......

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    Atheist as well. <<<<<< I think its really sad that in this day an age atheists are the least trusted of any american citizen.
    I jus dont feel the need for religion in my life. I dont need it to dictate how I live my life. I know right from wrong. I find more chaos has religion at its core then anything. 98 percent of Us prison inmates are believers . Think about that for a minute.
    Why does god need Joe blow to believe in him? Does he have self esteem issues? The almighty creator doesnt have the balls to jus show face for once. Even if its for a few minutes. Yet we get these people who claim they see things in glass windows. Its jus stupid.
    Religion in school? Evolution a theory? Science proves everything. All science starts in theory and is either proven or disproven in experimentation/research. Theres plenty of evidence in fossils that proves evolutions very existence. No proof of gods. Yet its not couthe to be an atheist. Believes use religion as easy explanations for that which they dont understand. Heck I dont understand how my cd rom drive works but that doesnt mean some deity has any bearing on its creation. Some engineers invented things like that.
    Doctors. Man it must suck to perform a 6 hr surgery and then have patient and family thank god for it. Heck if it was jus gods ivolvement the doc didnt have to do shit.
    Sports. When Michael Jordan and the Bulls 3 peated God was wearing a BUlls jersey? God was an Indianapolis Colts fan this year?
    Death. God thought that my uncle at 36 yrs of age, about to start a family, no criminal record, always helped people etc. He thought it was his "time". I jus dont except this shit.

my 2 cents
    Your confused. God didnt kill your uncle or take him. There is death and taxes on earth man. God tells us when he returns all that will be eliminated forever.
    You see us Chritians are living for the afterlife or when he returns. And that promise. And yes you can drink/cuss and fuck up from time to time and still be a good Christian. Church maybe doesnt agree but the bible tells me so. Most of the Disciples were hell raising sum biatches....murderers and party animals.....the bible is a good read....
    Last edited by Sarge; 02-10-2007 at 11:34 AM.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

I dont belive God just takes people .. People die all ages in all sorts of ways ... You are not promised your next breath ....everybody thinks only old people die ....And there is a lot of differince between a good person and a good Christian, that is of corse yo belive in God , otherwise how could he have taken you Uncle ..

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post

my 2 cents
    lmfao

Page 1 of 18 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information