Black
    99 Z28

Anyone know anything about spa/hot tub repair?

My friend moved his hot tub and got everything wired up. Everything was working before, but after plugging everything in after the move, it trips the circuit.

I removed all items drawing current from the controller and it didn't trip the breaker.

I started plugging things back in and it turns out that there are two outfeeds of the circuit board which will trip the breaker no matter which pump or other device is plugged into it. All the pumps work on all the other outlets, but on these two outlets, it trips the breaker every time. Even my multi multimeter tripped the circuit sometimes when I was checking for putput on these two out feeds.

Anyone know how to go about fixing this?

Also, one of the pumps (the main pump for heater and ozone and other circulation) stops running after about 3 - 5 minutes. Any clue on why that is? It still has power, but the pump gives out.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas or can point me to the right place.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by DrMilhouse
    My friend moved his hot tub and got everything wired up. Everything was working before, but after plugging everything in after the move, it trips the circuit.

I removed all items drawing current from the controller and it didn't trip the breaker.

I started plugging things back in and it turns out that there are two outfeeds of the circuit board which will trip the breaker no matter which pump or other device is plugged into it. All the pumps work on all the other outlets, but on these two outlets, it trips the breaker every time. Even my multi multimeter tripped the circuit sometimes when I was checking for putput on these two out feeds.

Anyone know how to go about fixing this?

Also, one of the pumps (the main pump for heater and ozone and other circulation) stops running after about 3 - 5 minutes. Any clue on why that is? It still has power, but the pump gives out.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any ideas or can point me to the right place.
    If manuals don't help, can he call the maker?

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

My uncle makes hot tubs at his marble company and plumbs them himself. His name is Mike Casey and his number is 859-254-7580. He may not make the same thing you're talking about, but he might be able to help.

Thread Information