Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Anyone here own a 67-69 camaro? Need help

I ordered a billet grille for my Z-28 yesterday and plan on buying the Blue Bowtie grille emblem that was on some of the first gen camaro's. Does the emblem have a bracket across the back with two slip nuts like the 69 RS/SS emblems do? Also what year came with the Blue Bowtie? Wish I knew more about the 1st gen as they are my favorite's but unfortunately I've never been able to afford one!

I just want to make sure it'll work before I go ordering a forty dollar emblem, thanks!

98-LS1

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

Quote Originally Posted by 98-LS1 View Post
    I ordered a billet grille for my Z-28 yesterday and plan on buying the Blue Bowtie grille emblem that was on some of the first gen camaro's. Does the emblem have a bracket across the back with two slip nuts like the 69 RS/SS emblems do? Also what year came with the Blue Bowtie? Wish I knew more about the 1st gen as they are my favorite's but unfortunately I've never been able to afford one!

I just want to make sure it'll work before I go ordering a forty dollar emblem, thanks!

98-LS1
    u should have put this in something besides. aag. it would probley get more hits with info.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Thats true, I didn't know where to put it being this site is mostly 4th gen related. If a Mod wants to move this to another topic then that would be great, thanks

Green/Gray
    1968 Camaro

You made me come out of lurk mode for this.....

The 69 had the big blue bow tie on the front grille, and yes it has a metal backing plate with 2 speed nuts to affix it to the grille.

Tyler

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Thanks! That's what I needed to know, don't be afraid to post some! We need more 1st gen owners around here. Thanks again,

Mike

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

[QUOTE=TitoJones;359507]You made me come out of lurk mode for this.....

The 69 had the big blue bow tie on the front grille, and yes it has a metal backing plate with 2 speed nuts to affix it to the grille.

Tyler[/QUOTE

This guy's right. They also had the emblem right under the truck lock, oh and if it was an SS or RS, that emblem replaced the bowtie

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

So the base models had the bowtie and the SS and Z-28 models had the corresponding emblems placed there? I just hope the pitch on this Bowtie emblem won't be too wide, what I mean by that is the standard 69 SS emblem is in a deeper V shape than the RS/SS emblem which is why I had to use the RS/SS one. It would have been at too much of an angle and wouldn't align with the grille properly, I hope this bowtie isn't the same way or it won't work. Now didn't some special edition 4th gen camaro come with the 1st gen style bowtie? Iv'e seen one somewhere, I can't remember if it was the Dale Earnhardt edition, the hot rod power tour edition or the Dick Harrell car.

Green/Gray
    1968 Camaro

The reason for the differences in the pitch or bend of the emblem is that the RS grilles are flatter than the standard 'Vee' grille of the 69. If you need a flatter emblem, either use the RS badge, or the tail panel emblem. The tail panel one does not have a backing plate, but has 2 studs and speed nuts.
    There is some first gen eye candy and related products on my site for those of you interested. It is t56kit dot com.

Tyler

PS- I think the car you are thinking of is the Penske race car that Harrell Checvy did a few years ago.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by TitoJones View Post
    The reason for the differences in the pitch or bend of the emblem is that the RS grilles are flatter than the standard 'Vee' grille of the 69. If you need a flatter emblem, either use the RS badge, or the tail panel emblem. The tail panel one does not have a backing plate, but has 2 studs and speed nuts.
    There is some first gen eye candy and related products on my site for those of you interested. It is t56kit dot com.

Tyler

PS- I think the car you are thinking of is the Penske race car that Harrell Checvy did a few years ago.

Thanks again, so I might need the tail panel emblem rather than the grille one. Guess we'll see when it gets here tomorrow, if I have to send it back then at least I know what to get. Well the standard 69 model would have a flatter grille, same as the RS wouldn't it? This might work...

It might've been the Penske race car, it's been a while since I've seen it but I definately remember the 4th gen with the blue bowtie emblem on the front. Thanks for your help..

Mike

Thread Information