Anyone here have a Springfield XD?

Hows the trigger pull? Load reliability? Pros, cons?

tater_salad
    I used to work at a sporting good store, and we sold more Springfield XDs than any other pistols, except thos cheap Hi-Points that the "thugs" use because they're $170.

The XD .45 ACP is the NRA's Handgun of the year for 2005 and 2006. The XD has been dropped in sand, on concrete, on a tarmac, ran over, and still fired consistently.

The high-capacity mags allow for 13+1, and two come with the kit, along with a hard holster and thumbsaver. Loadibility with the thumbsaver is top notch. Can't beat it. Trigger pull, well, I'm not supposed to know this, but around 6, if I'm not mistaken.

They come in 9mm, .40, amd .45 ACP. The 9mm has 15+1, I believe, for round capacity. The .40 can allow for other caliber barrel and chamber exchanges, also.

The lifetime warranty can't be beat. IMO, go with the .45 ACP or the .40

I was lookin at thier website... i'm really lovin what i'm readin... i like the grip saftey of the 1911 and the trigger safty of the glock and the overall glock model they use... and the hicap 45acp model is just rediculous! i do wish it where in a compensated model though, but i'm also considering thier comp. 357 sig... unfortunatly the range here doesnt have on for shooting, just for sale.

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by grandkodiak View Post
    I got my girl an xd-40 for xmas. I refuse to shoot a plastic gun, though, so I cant really help you.

I much prefer the snubby AK-47 she got me.

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

A friend of mine just one in .45 and he loves it, he has had it like a month and has already shot several hundred rounds through it. However another friend had one in 9mm and hated it, but he said it was cause it didnt seem to have any umph behind the load. My uncle just bought himself a Glock 22 .40 s&w and I shot it, I like it,but i prefer the 1911, I dont have one but have shot one they feel awesome in your hand, I kinda like the weight.

Black
    2000 z28

I shoot a Springfield XD .40 , love it. Better then the rueger 357 and I am getting pretty accurate. Get earplugs though can be deafening.

tater_salad
    Plastic gun? You must not have seen a Hi-Point. Mother fucker is all plastic except the damn chamber and barrel. Slide, grip, and frame all feel plastic.

Buckeyes fan for Life OSU Buckeyes's Avatar
    I seen them BBQ one on a grill the other day on Guns & Ammo Tv, and it still fired safely. About those Hi-Points, they make those about 30 miles from my house, they are ugly as hell, but cheap, and hell they come with a lifetime warranty. i think that the 9mm carbine isn't too bad for under $200.

tater_salad
    Yeah, I mean the Hi-Points ain't bad, just plastic feeling. I sold many a .40 and .45 to first time gun owners and gangstas.

xd good gun get a late 2006 0r 2007 better finish.

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by grandkodiak View Post
    the XD .40 cal is an amazing firearm. it feels incredibly well balanced in the hand and firing it is very nice and easy. their whole XD line up is very reliable. I only buy Springfield, H 'n K firearms. Remmington for shotguns/rifles...

You will not be disappointed...

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    the XD .40 cal is an amazing firearm. it feels incredibly well balanced in the hand and firing it is very nice and easy. their whole XD line up is very reliable. I only buy Springfield, H 'n K firearms. Remmington for shotguns/rifles...

You will not be disappointed...
    Not to start a war here but There are lots of gun companies out there with fine guns.

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by KageSS View Post

Mod, i've heard you juts like knobbies?

lol wtf?

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by skar View Post
    Not to start a war here but There are lots of gun companies out there with fine guns.
    i know, and i agree. i should have said those were my personal preferences...

you used to be able to buy XD's for a little over $300 when they were called HS2000's. Then springfield bought the rights to it from the croation company that designed it, tacked their name on it and added $250-300 to the price tag.

Red
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Camaro2fast4u View Post
    you used to be able to buy XD's for a little over $300 when they were called HS2000's. Then springfield bought the rights to it from the croation company that designed it, tacked their name on it and added $250-300 to the price tag.

I have one of the HS2000 pistols. The best part is Springfield Armory still covers the lifetime warrenty on the HS pistols. Here is one I just found for sale.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/Vie...?Item=63646308

I also have a 9mm Tactical with a canyon creek trigger job and adjustable fiber optic sights.

XD is a great gun, as for personal preference I would choose a Beretta PX-4 Storm pistol in 40 cal its the same price roughly $399 and has a very good trigger which I can shoot more accurately over my HK and the XD pistols
    I seriously hope you who have mentioned the HiPoint guns are joking around, this is the worse handgun ive seen. Ive watched a brand new one jam on its 2nd shot and its 5th and 11th round. I really hope you dont trust saving your own ass or your families with one of these pieces of shit.

I'd go with the PX4 but the low cap and no compensator means i'll pick one up in a few months but for now I want to spend the money on somethin with alil more. I saw the .45ACP XD and I got excited, but its not available compensated or without the grip saftey so I've decided on a Glock G31C as my first purchase, the Beretta 90-2 in .40sw as my second then the PX4 in 9mm then I was gunna go with the XD in .45acp

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Low cap? It's 17+1 in 9, or 14+1 in .40. The recoil on a 9 or a .45 isn't bad, you don't need a compensator. .40 is snappier than both.

Thread Information