Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Anyone in here day trade

Any of you guys do it? Thinking about getting into it and trying my luck. Just looking to spend a few hundred bucks. Any good websites? Whats the process if you dont mind me asking and do you need a minimum balance in your account?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

I've never had any luck. Nobody wants to give me a Friday for a Monday in return.

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I've never had any luck. Nobody wants to give me a Friday for a Monday in return.
    So how much did you lose if you dont mind me asking? What website did you use? Did you need a minimum balance and any long term commitments?

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Sorry man, it was a joke.

Honestly, the only dealings I've had with that sort of stuff is through the SARSEP program, but I let my agent handle most of that.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I have a friend who does this weekly. He has made some huge profits, but has also taken some big hits as well. If you are looking to try "your luck", you might look into penny stocks. It's a full-time job though following the market and making an educated "guess". Even the pros doing it are guessing based on the economy. He has used your basic trading websites like E-trade.

I personally have only managed my 401K funds with my previous employer and did quite well with it. Since the new job, I have both a profit sharing and pension fund which is solely funded by my company so I don't manage any of my money now. My other (3) saving avenues are with Northwestern Mutual. My account manager manages my Traditional and Roth IRA's for me.

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

I use to day trade over 6 years ago and made (on an average) $500.00 a day, with a risk of $5,000.00. But since the ecomony went to shit my account is only a couple of $1,000.

I never found a good website for stock quotes, your best bet is to watch Jim Kramer on "Mad Money" on CNBC or watch CNBC at 8:00 A.M to 9:30 A.M. before the market opens and watch the ticker thread at the bottom of the T.V. screen which are live extended trades for the day.

PLEASE, DO NOT invest any money you cannot lose. Be careful with E-Trade or ScottTrade or any other kind of brokage firm you decide to go with, their all good firms but they all give you credit and thats where you can get yourself into trouble.

Thread Information