2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

Anyone have a Nissan 4x4 with ABLS?

I bought a new Frontier for a work truck last night, and jumped off in the sand dunes for a few minutes to see how she would do..

It has the ABLS system that works with your anti-lock breaking system, and the idea is when one side of your axle breaks free and starts spinning, the system applys the brake to it and sends the power to the side with the traction.

It's like the newest bestest thing and all...

So I get in the dunes, and the truck is doing great, just floating on the sand, and then I come to a stop in some soft sand, and go to take off.

The stupid mother fucker sensed all 4 wheels trying to spin in the sand, and clamped the brakes on all 4..

WTF???

I thought I was gonna have to call my wife to bring our Rubicon out on a rescue mission.

I put it in 4LO and just drove it through the brakes which I am sure was not good for it...

My wife's Land Cruiser has the same system, but it has a differential locker that defeats it.

I don't see any switch for it, and I didn't see anything in the manual about it.

My wife took it to work today, so when she gets it home, I'm gonna look for a fuse.

I was wondering if anyone else had this system and if they knew any thing about it?

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

I guess this is what happens when you urbanites sitting in sky scrapers desiging your trucks and SUV's for soccor moms and all..

You start to get too fancy and overthinking shit.

Jeep has it down with the Rubicon. Good ol' fashioned straight axles with air lockers. That thing is unbelieveable offroad for a stock vehicle.

Thread Information