Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

anyone have a Kindle?

I'm going to buy one for my wife and was wondering if anyone here has experience with one and can edgumakate me on them.

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

they make it kind of tough to burn books.

Black
    '98 Z28

Book downloads are expensive. I can't understand why anyone would buy one of those.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

I don't have one but if you get one for free through your journalism class and put it in your bag and then leave the bag on the floor of your apartment at which a party is being hosted leaving it to get stood on with a randoms' stilletto and the screen cracks and renders the device useless and then at the end of the semester turn the kindle in with a "sorry lol" note leaving the poor professor to replace it out of his own pocket FUCK GIRLS ARE STUPID

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

So the wife is gonna buy herself one?

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Both are good.. I would get the Kindle DX. That or the 3G + Wi-Fi. I have the DX and can not say enough about it. It has some features the smaller ones don't. That and I like the 9.7" screen over the 6". But both are great I have had both but now just have the DX. I would still read books if it was not for the small print. That is one of the many great things about the Kindle. Also if your reading a book and say your over half way into the book. You forget a subject,point or reference they bring up. It is highlighted and will take you directly to it. To many things to talk about.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    Book downloads are expensive. I can't understand why anyone would buy one of those.
    I have yet to really see this. You can get books at paperback prices and much cheaper. Heck Amazon has them cheap...

My wife has one and likes it. Books are a little cheaper than buying in stores plus they are available on release date so you dont have to worry about going to stores and what not.

White
    02 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    I have yet to really see this. You can get books at paperback prices and much cheaper. Heck Amazon has them cheap...
    Wife has one...and reads on it all the time. I'm pretty sure she told me all the books that have a copyright date before...hell I don't remember the exact date, are free....

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    they make it kind of tough to burn books.
    Quote Originally Posted by tpilews View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    I don't have one but if you get one for free through your journalism class and put it in your bag and then leave the bag on the floor of your apartment at which a party is being hosted leaving it to get stood on with a randoms' stilletto and the screen cracks and renders the device useless and then at the end of the semester turn the kindle in with a "sorry lol" note leaving the poor professor to replace it out of his own pocket FUCK GIRLS ARE STUPID
    Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    So the wife is gonna buy herself one?
    sorry guys but I was looking for advice from people that can actually read.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Both are good.. I would get the Kindle DX. That or the 3G + Wi-Fi. I have the DX and can not say enough about it. It has some features the smaller ones don't. That and I like the 9.7" screen over the 6". But both are great I have had both but now just have the DX. I would still read books if it was not for the small print. That is one of the many great things about the Kindle. Also if your reading a book and say your over half way into the book. You forget a subject,point or reference they bring up. It is highlighted and will take you directly to it. To many things to talk about.
    this helps out a ton......I was kinda planning on the DX due to the larger screen. I read a review and I believe it said you can DL books anywhere without paying for the connection? Is that true? Also, how do you pay for the books? Set up an account or can you pay by CC through the Kindle?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I ordered the DX for her. I was going to get the screen protectors which would be almost mandatory IMO but the reviews on them are terrible. Reading the reviews it looks like mostly user error with bubbles but a few that concerned me was that they actually added glare that wasn't there. You guys have them on yours and what do you think about them?

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I ordered the DX for her. I was going to get the screen protectors which would be almost mandatory IMO but the reviews on them are terrible. Reading the reviews it looks like mostly user error with bubbles but a few that concerned me was that they actually added glare that wasn't there. You guys have them on yours and what do you think about them?
    I put screen protectors on many items like this. Cell phone,D60 and both Kindles. It does not take much to put a scratch in a screen. I look at is as insurance. I have never had a glare issue.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    this helps out a ton......I was kinda planning on the DX due to the larger screen. I read a review and I believe it said you can DL books anywhere without paying for the connection? Is that true? Also, how do you pay for the books? Set up an account or can you pay by CC through the Kindle?
    It will be based on what your location has. You should be able to find books to DL without paying for the connection. Project Gutenberg, Google Books and FeedBooks are some popular sites that offer a large collection of books in the standard ePUB format. And yes you will setup an account but can also pay by CC with the DX.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I was going to ask what format the books are in. She reads a ton of books so that's gonna be her deal but I'm sure I'll have to get her started and as you can tell I know very little about the process.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I was going to ask what format the books are in. She reads a ton of books so that's gonna be her deal but I'm sure I'll have to get her started and as you can tell I know very little about the process.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I put screen protectors on many items like this. Cell phone,D60 and both Kindles. It does not take much to put a scratch in a screen. I look at is as insurance. I have never had a glare issue.
    Same here. I use them on everything. My cameras, phones, Zunes, pda etc... You can see scratches after a while when the device is off. Mosty if you use a stylus. But, you really can't see them when it's on.

Like Tom says, insurance.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Same here. I use them on everything. My cameras, phones, Zunes, pda etc... You can see scratches after a while when the device is off. Mosty if you use a stylus. But, you really can't see them when it's on.

Like Tom says, insurance.
    yeah, we use them on everything here too. There were just some pretty overwhelmingly bad reviews. The one I looked at had 10 1 star ratings out of 26 total reviews. Another one out of 42 reviews had 23 1 star ratings. Those are just terrible. I went back and ordered her a pack of some that hadn't been rated but I'm going to let her pick out a hard shell cover I think for it when it gets here and a case.

Get her a kimber instead of a kindle

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    Get her a kimber instead of a kindle
    once again.....thanks for your input but this is a grown up conversation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information