Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Anyone ever had a Near Death experience?

When I was about 7 years old, my whole family got Carbon Monoxide poisoning. I and my sister were getting really ill and my sister started to vomit. At that time and hour there was no Hospitals open. I lived in Republic of Georgia and the country was too poor to have Hospitals. My father had to drive for over 3 hours to a hospital for all of us. I remember my Mother smacking me in the face, so I don't go to sleep. I never knew how serious it was until I got older.

Another time was in early 1992 (I was 10) when me and my family were scheduled to come to US fro Georgia (not the state.) Our plans were to take a 4 day train to Moscow and fly out of Moscow to United States. We got extremely lucky when we had a delay and we missed the Train. Later we find out that the train that was scheduled to go to Moscow made a detour trip through a County called: Azerbaijan. It’s a Muslim county. Once in that country, the terrorists boarded the train and murdered about 40 Armenians. Men, women, and children.

Armenians and Georgia is surrounded by Muslim countries. Even in early 1900's Turkey genocide thousands of Armenian people.

Yes, I was dragged up an entire skiing mountain by my neck from my scarf that froze to the rope tow. I was about 15. I saw the whole stereotypical warm golden glow and life flashing before your eyes thing too, which at the time I believed was real, but now believe is a self defense mechanism your brain goes through when it's looking like shut down time.

Quote Originally Posted by FSANE
    Armenians and Georgia is surrounded by Muslim countries. Even in early 1900's Turkey genocide thousands of Armenian people.
    The Turks slaughtered over 1 million Amerians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide

Black
    00 SS Vert#0540/ 14 GMC

Iraq, OIF II, 8 months

Silver
    2002 Trans AM

Quote Originally Posted by BillyT
    The Turks slaughtered over 1 million Amerians.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armenian_Genocide

Thanks. I thought it was over a million, but was to lazy to reasearch again.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

i cheated on a girlfriend once. and got caught.

Quote Originally Posted by BillyT
    Yes, I was dragged up an entire skiing mountain by my neck from my scarf that froze to the rope tow. I was about 15. I saw the whole stereotypical warm golden glow and life flashing before your eyes thing too, which at the time I believed was real, but now believe is a self defense mechanism your brain goes through when it's looking like shut down time.

Closest thing i can think of is when i was about 21 or so me and 3 other friends went at 3 AM in my 97 ram 4x4 to pull out my buddy's truck about 30 miles from home. We had been drinking pretty heavily beforehand ( i had actually passed out earlier that night) and on the way we were drinking and smoking. Rain was coming down and i was following another truck since i didnt know the way. For some reason one of the guys wanted to see how fast it would go so smart me decided to get on it. Well i laid into it and approached a curve and it got sideways heading towards a yield sign in the middle of the road. as i tried to correct it i turned too much and it went to the right and at about 80 or so it flipped side to side and end over end at least 5 times and landed upside down in a 6 ft deep ditch full of water. i cant remember it perfectly but it was like slow motion until we landed. everybody was ok (luckily) but that was prob. the closest near death experience i can think of. as for the rest of the story , the guys in front of me saw the whole thing in his rearview and just knew we were dead. One of the guys was a county cop and he said the best thing i can do is leave so i did. Went home and unplugged the phone until the next morning. Met up with the state troopers that night and they found beer cans all over and said hes never seen a wreck like that with survivors they had an emergency call while i was there and told me to get out of there sight and think about how lucky i am. no tickets or anything. lets just say i dont drink and drive anymore and i say my prayers every night.

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

I was in a wreck with my mom when I was real little. The van she was driving slid off the road and almost when in the river, but luckily a tree caught up and stopped up from going in

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11
    i cheated on a girlfriend once. and got caught.
    worst 5 minutes of our life wasn't it? LoL

black
    97 6-speed corvette

Coming home from my girlfriends house around 3:00 AM, falling asleep while driving my trans am , I veered off the road and went airborne after hitting the edge of someones driveway. The car was about three feet off the ground and rolled towards the passenger side crushing the roof down 18" as it hit a telephone pole, I split the pole in half . The car came to a rest against a tree that now has a lean to it. I awoke originally when the car hit the drive and it all happened in slow motion taking what seemed like forever. Over $7000 damage to the car back in 1987.

Adios and vaya con dios ZAPFOOL!!'s Avatar

Victory Red
    2002 Corvette Z06

Quote Originally Posted by 502ci
    Coming home from my girlfriends house around 3:00 AM, falling asleep while driving my trans am , I veered off the road and went airborne after hitting the edge of someones driveway. The car was about three feet off the ground and rolled towards the passenger side crushing the roof down 18" as it hit a telephone pole, I split the pole in half . The car came to a rest against a tree that now has a lean to it. I awoke originally when the car hit the drive and it all happened in slow motion taking what seemed like forever. Over $7000 damage to the car back in 1987.

ouch!!!

Travel Agent To Allah ray97formula's Avatar

White
    97 WS6 Formula

Quote Originally Posted by HASTINGSRJ
    Iraq, OIF II, 8 months

Yep, I saw a bright light and had a warm feeling too!

....But that was just from the Landmine that detonated in front of me

downunder
    Head on Collision, I was driving and mom was in the car..

Sideways to da next light redline's Avatar

black
    2000 trans am

pulled a u-turn in my 89 iroc camaro on a four lane highway and got t boned in the driver side door by a chevy 1500.Was not wearing my seatbelt and almost got thrown out the passenger side window.the police estimated the driver to have hit me at around 75 mph.they had to mediflight me to the local babtist hospital where on the way i had a sezure and lost heart beat.apparently they had to shock me back to life after being out for a number of minutes.ended up with plates and screws in my left arm, broken jaw, few broken ribs, and a broken coller bone.so after almost nine monthes of rehabilitation to regain use of my left arm i was back in bissiness. "Unfortunatly i did not see the light" but i did get a ticket for an illegal u-turn!!!

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by redline
    pulled a u-turn in my 89 iroc camaro on a four lane highway and got t boned in the driver side door by a chevy 1500.Was not wearing my seatbelt and almost got thrown out the passenger side window.the police estimated the driver to have hit me at around 75 mph.they had to mediflight me to the local babtist hospital where on the way i had a sezure and lost heart beat.apparently they had to shock me back to life after being out for a number of minutes.ended up with plates and screws in my left arm, broken jaw, few broken ribs, and a broken coller bone.so after almost nine monthes of rehabilitation to regain use of my left arm i was back in bissiness. "Unfortunatly i did not see the light" but i did get a ticket for an illegal u-turn!!!
    Glad you're ok...that'll teach ya to do a u-turn on the freeway How do you do a u-turn on the freeway anyway...was there no divider?

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Never really had a close to death experiance, I had a seizure <spelling? once, I forget the cause. somthing to do with getting too hot. But I don't remember it.

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

I got hit head on in a Nissan Maxima by a Suburban going 70.

It was a really bad fucking wreck, but I walked away with only a concussion. Everyone else was pretty much ok.

The cars were pretty much unrecognizable. The front passenger wheel of the Suburban was shoved through the floor board.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by jking
    I got hit head on in a Nissan Maxima by a Suburban going 70.

It was a really bad fucking wreck, but I walked away with only a concussion. Everyone else was pretty much ok.

The cars were pretty much unrecognizable. The front passenger wheel of the Suburban was shoved through the floor board.
    Damn! Older Suburbs'. are like 8600 lb. or something. Your one lucky person.

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

Another time, me and a buddy were leaving a club in Clear Lake at closing time, and somehow my buddy wound up in a fight with some guy our age who was walking with an old dude.

My buddy was on top of this guy pounding his head in, and I noticed the old dude run off.

A huge crowd gathered around and was watching.

The old dude comes pushing his way back in, and had a pistol.

This motherfucker starts shooting the cement right by my buddy. I think he got 3 or 4 rounds off. I got hit in the face with concrete or bullet shrapnel and got cut on the chin. Fucking people went into a panic and hauled ass.

He then proceeds to start poking my buddy in the head with the barrel, screaming some shit through clenched teeth. This dude was drunker than shit and out of control.

I got between the two and begged this motherfucker not to shoot us, and he let my buddy get up and we ran to my truck.

As we were backing out, he runs up and starts trying to break the passenger window out with the pistol, and then shoots my right rear tire out.

I drove on the flat for about 5 miles before changing it, and I think my legs didn't stop shaking for a month.
    Last edited by jking; 02-04-2006 at 08:15 AM.

2007 GMC Sierra Duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Nastyfoot
    Damn! Older Suburbs'. are like 8600 lb. or something. Your one lucky person.
    Very lucky.

It was a mid 90's Suburban, and a 2002 Maxima.

The passenger compartment of the Maxima held up very well. Actually better than the Suburban. Those are tough cars.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information