Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

black
    1999 prelude

Anyone else having a shity month

So first off I lose my job because a guy wanted to give a girl free tires and was caught i just happend to be there working on the same car while he was doing computer work on the car well extremly long story short they fired me because my name was on the paper work and arrested him. I still had over 80 hours of vacation I could have taken over 100 hours of sick leave and over 20 of personal time, I was informed that i would get paid for my vacation pay the same day I picked up my last check, well on the 18th I went to pick up my last check and my vacation pay, when i got there they only gave me my last check and informed me that they have up to a month to pay my vacation, I was planning on using that money to fix my trans and not the money i had saved up but i figured o well i will just use the money a have saved to fix my trans then when I get the vacation pay I will put that back in my account, which I was told I will have that money on the 29th, so I bought my trans and got it all fixed.

Then the other day I was riding around with my friend in his truck and left my car at walmart in shawnee,ok. I was called and informed that my car was on the back of a trailer, I start calling people well I call the place I have my car loan through, which happens to be a buy here pay here place, they tell me they have picked up the car because I was 4 payments behind, I was for sure not 4 payments behind, I have never missed any payments on any bills I have. My dumb ass didnt have any of the paperwork proving I had made those payments because I had cleaned out my car 3 days before. They want me to give them $970 to get my car back which I dont have because I spent it on fixing my trans, so im fucked. Cant get a job without a car, cant get a car without a job, and I cant get a loan without a job.

There is so much more shit going on but my hand is getting tired.

Anyone else having a horrible month?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

umm... for starts... you need to get a lawyer about being wrongfully fired...

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

How does that happen? My technicians are paid to repair and fix cars, not question how and who pays for the repairs. For all they know you were told to put the tires on. How are you responsible for that? Wrongful termination in my book based off the info given.

09 Vulcan 900 custom.
    2007 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
    1998 Z/28 Hardtop A4 | Y2K wheels | SLP Lid | Magnaflow catback |cutout | Hotchkis LCA'S/PHB | BMR TA and D/S Loop| Tuned by Frost....300rwhp/308rwtq

97 Cobra- bolt ons | full exhaust| 4.30's| suspension | SCT tune- sold!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

You didn't have any paperwork proving you had made those payments because you had cleaned out your car 3 days before... Umm... you need a better filing system for receipts and important paperwork.

You should be able to at least show the amounts being deducted from your bank statement. It's easy to prove you made payment if you really did.

I also feel that if you were indeed fired for the reason you stated, that you were wrongfully let go. I would also talk to a lawyer.

black
    1999 prelude

Yea, all I was told was to put 2 new tires on the front of the car, so I did. He took my badge to scan out on the ticket, I had no idea he was going to put my name all over the ticket. They even told me, If he would have just put my numbers under qc them they wouldnt even be talking to me.

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

I would seek legal counsel on that one man.

black
    1999 prelude

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    You didn't have any paperwork proving you had made those payments because you had cleaned out your car 3 days before... Umm... you need a better filing system for receipts and important paperwork.

You should be able to at least show the amounts being deducted from your bank statement. It's easy to prove you made payment if you really did.

I also feel that if you were indeed fired for the reason you stated, that you were wrongfully let go. I would also talk to a lawyer.
    I know, I normally keep those kinds of papers cause I always paid with cash, another dumb ass mistake. As for the fired they put in the computer gross misconduct and in comments put that I knew about theft.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by John_stout View Post
    I know, I normally keep those kinds of papers cause I always paid with cash, another dumb ass mistake. As for the fired they put in the computer gross misconduct and in comments put that I knew about theft.

A) Did you know about it?

B) Can they prove you knew about it?

C) Was there a company rule stating that you had to report theft if you knew about it?

I only ask C b/c at my last retail job people were only asked to report theft and given incentives to do it. They were never forced.
    Last edited by raynor139; 04-21-2010 at 11:31 AM.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Always keep record of payments made. On anything. Even if you paid cash, your bank statement will show you made a withdrawal.

And, I would fight the termination. They have to prove that you did know. If you didn't, they can't

black
    1999 prelude

Quote Originally Posted by raynor139 View Post
    A) Did you know about it?

B) Can they prove you knew about it?

C) Was there a company rule stating that you had to report theft if you knew about it?

I only ask C b/c at my last retail job people were only asked to report theft and given incentives to do it. They were never forced.
    He had said something about there being a way to do it but I didnt think he was that dumb, no they cant prove anything because there isnt any thing that can record sound in the shop, and I have no idea if there is a policy that I have to tell someone.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

He had said something about there being a way to do it but I didnt think he was that dumb, no they cant prove anything because there isnt any thing that can record sound in the shop, and I have no idea if there is a policy that I have to tell someone.

Unless they have a statement from the other guy saying you know then I would fight this tooth and nail.

black
    1999 prelude

Anyone know a good lawyer in oklahoma ha ha. They even told everyone that no one else was getting fired or arrested.
    Last edited by John_stout; 04-21-2010 at 11:51 AM.

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

I wonder if OK is like AR (and a lot of their laws are). Arkansas is an "at will" state. You can be fired for any reason except the 7 protected classes (sex, race, national origin, handicap, religion, familial status, age).

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

Quote Originally Posted by blackcar View Post
    I wonder if OK is like AR (and a lot of their laws are). Arkansas is an "at will" state. You can be fired for any reason except the 7 protected classes (sex, race, national origin, handicap, religion, familial status, age).

NY is the same way.. don't need a reason to fire. or, they are free to make one up.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Only 7 states are "at will" states with no public policy exception standard.

Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, Maine, Nebraska, New York, Rhode Island and Florida.
    Last edited by raynor139; 04-21-2010 at 02:12 PM.

Bright Rally Red
    2002 Camaro 35thLE

Ya here in AL the boss can have a bad day walk through and stub his toe see you and fire your ass for his screw up.

Grey
    2003 Cobra

Try to file for unemployement. You will have to explain your case. Also,your employer may not fight it.

black
    98 WS6

it's been few shitty months for me so far

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I'd like to hear the other side of this story...

Like Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, for the rest of the story..."

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    I'd like to hear the other side of this story...

Like Paul Harvey used to say, "And now, for the rest of the story..."
    Exactly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information