anyone else fucked up?

i've been drinking coronas, sippin on jack daniels and poppin' klonopins all afternoon following my job interview.

i feel like shit, but whatever, hopefully i'll get this job.

Clonazepam (marketed by Roche under the trade-name Klonopin® in the United States and Rivotril® in Canada and Europe) is a drug which is a benzodiazepine derivative. It is a highly potent and powerful sedative, hypnotic, anticonvulsant, amnestic and anxiolytic.

Pharmacology
    Like other benzodiazepines, clonazepam is believed to act by simulating the action of GABA on the central nervous system. Because of strong anxiolytic properties and euphoriant side-effects it is said to be among the class of 'highly potent' benzodiazepines with a higher risk of abuse, misuse and dependence than other benzodiazepines. The sedative effects of Clonazepam are relatively weak, compared to its strong anxiolytic and anticonvulsant effects. One quarter of a milligram (0.25mg) of Clonazepam is equivalent to five milligrams (5.00mg) of Diazepam.

Indications
    Clonazepam is commonly prescribed for:

Epilepsy
    Anxiety disorder
    Panic attacks
    Restless leg syndrome (RLS)
    Inital treatment of mania, together with firstline-drugs such as lithium, haloperidol or risperidone
    Hallucinogen persisting perception disorder (off-label use)
    Chronic fatigue syndrome
    Night terrors
    Clonazepam is rarely used as a treatment for insomnia, because its sedative effects are relatively weak compared to other benzodiazepines.

Availability
    Clonazepam was approved in the United States as a generic medication in 1997 and is now manufactured and marketed by several companies.

Clonazepam is available in the following forms:

Tablets: 0.25, 0.5, 1.0, and 2mg
    Liquid concentrate: 2.5mg per ml
    Oral wafers: 0.25, 0.5, 1.0 mg
    Injection concentrate: 1mg per ml Dosage
    Epilepsy Status epilepticus - 1mg is given slowly by I.V.; if seizures persist additional doses of 1mg may be given in intervals of 10 to 20 minutes.
    Clonazepam can be useful for long-term treatment of some petit-mal forms of epilepsy in children and adolescents (adults may also respond well).

Up to 30% of epileptic patients treated with clonazepam develop a serious tolerance to the anticonvulsant effects. This may require dose increases or gradual withdrawal and replacement of the drug.

Oral doses in long term treatment of epilepsy vary from 1mg to 20mg, depending upon the severity of case and the weight of the patient. Treatment should be initiated at a low dose, and can be increased gradually if necessary.

Other
    Anxiety and panic disorders - 1mg to 10mg daily, in divided doses
    Restless Leg Syndrome - 1mg to 2mg at bedtime
    Mania - Up to 20mg daily, in divided doses

Side effects
    Because Clonazepam can impair both mental and motor function, those taking it are advised to use caution when operating motor vehicles or machinery, or engaging in hazardous occupations requiring mental alertness.
    Side effects include:

Drowsiness
    Depression
    Impaired motor function
    Impaired coordination
    Impaired balance
    Dizziness
    Nervousness
    Anterograde amnesia (common with higher doses)
    It should be noted that up to 30% of individuals treated on a long-term basis develop a form of dependence known as "low-dose-dependence". These patients do not develop a tolerance, and do not need increasingly large doses to experience the euphoric side effects of the drug.

Use of alcohol or other CNS depressants while taking clonazepam greatly intensifies the effects (and side effects) of the drug.

Contraindications
    Use of clonazepam should be avoided in individuals with the following conditions:

Myasthenia gravis
    Acute intoxication with alcohol, narcotics, or other psychoactive substances
    Ataxia
    Severe hypoventilation
    Acute narrow-angle glaucoma
    Severe liver deficiencies (hepatitis and liver cirrhosis decrease elimination by a factor of 2)
    Severe sleep apnea
    Hypersensitivity or allergy to any drug in the benzodiazepine class

Special Caution Needed
    Children and adolescents (less than 18 years of age) - Treatment usually not indicated, except treatment of epilepsy, and pre-/postoperative treatment; extended clinical data for this age group is currently lacking.
    I.V. or I.M. injections in hypotensive individuals or those in shock should be administered carefully and vital signs should be monitored.

Patients at a High Risk for Abuse and Dependence
    At a particularly high risk for misuse, abuse, and dependence are:

Patients with a history of alcohol or drug abuse or dependence
    Emotionally unstable patients
    Patients with severe personality disorders, such as Borderline Personality Disorder
    Patients with chronic pain or other physical disorders
    Patients from the aforementioned group should be monitored very closely during therapy for signs of abuse and development of dependence. Discontinue therapy if any of these signs are noted. Long-term therapy in these patients is not recommended.

Long-term treatment with clonazepam should never be discontinued abruptly. It should be withdrawn gradually over a period of weeks or months.

Overdose
    An individual who has consumed too much clonazepam will display one or more of the following symptoms:

Somnolence (difficulty staying awake)
    Mental confusion
    Hypotension
    Impaired motor functions
    Impaired reflexes
    Impaired coordination
    Impaired balance
    Dizziness
    Coma
    Clonazepam overdose is considered a medical emergency and generally requires the immediate attention of medical personnel. The antidote for an overdose of clonazepam (or any other benzodiazepine) is flumazenil (Anexate&#174.

Legal Status
    Clonazepam is a Schedule IV drug in the United States, and possession is illegal without a prescription.
    Last edited by BillyT; 03-15-2006 at 04:14 PM.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Zoinkers!

Big$
    if u play with fire be prepared to get burned...no joke

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

ice spiral is on his way to an E! true ls1.com story

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

Damn BillyT, that shit was interesting. Now i now what my buddy's a while back were poppin.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

Something else to loosen the libido when taken in conjunction with other substances.

"now,you pissed us off!!" Trouble maker's Avatar
    Can I have his car?Oh wait its a Toyota..

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

at least he knows how to get seriously fucked up!
    Hope they don't call him in tomorrow morning for a followup interview or something, that would be interesting... hungover to the gods.

Thread Information