2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Anybody with HTEC-EVO, Windows 7, or similar?

I'm so damn far behind with cell phone technology, it's retarded. My gf and I do into AT&T last night, after being in the sprint store checking out their selection of droid phones, planning on giving them an ultimatum of giving us a deal, or paying the cancellation fee and walking out. I've never had the newest, latest, best technology when it came to phones, just the ole' flip-style where it takes 5 years to load a webpage, and gives you enough to call and send texts. Come to find out, after talking with the rep, windows used to be junk apparently, then went away for about a year (which he said is uncommon for a company to do so) and then just came out with their latest windows 7 phone. He described all the apps and stuff, which I didn't understand how to use half of them, and it all sounded damn good. My bill alone was almost $150, and hers was well over $100. So for the two phones, with insurance, and 700 minutes (allowed us to keep the 2,500 rollover she had as well), the bill came to $160 for service, tax not included. Also the phones were buy one get one free.

Anybody else have a similar phone? I've been playing with this thing all night and all of this morning. I've got a million things I want to do with my car, but I've been trying to figure things out on this phone for what seems like forever now I was told the droid operates off of a seperate engine, whereas the windows has its own seperate engine now as well. But they do the same thing right? My co-worker has the HTEC-EVO with sprint, so I guess on monday he can teach me how to use half the stuff. Just wondered what kind of things you guys can do with your phone. I heard there's an availability of video text, where you look into the phone, and whoever is on the other line, can do the same, so it's like talking face-to-face.

All this new technology makes me feel like a true donkey, being out of the times for so damn long. I hit the internet browser and guess what the first thing I typed in was? LS1.COM!!! No, really, GF called me a dork whatever

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Most any of the android OS phones are good. The EVO is a good phone but check to see if you have Sprint 4G coverage in your area. Currently that's only in select markets.

Sprint has the best (cheapest) rate plans but their phone selection is weak...excluding the EVO. I don't have any experience with the new Windows 7 phones...but the previous windows phones were notoriously slow. I just jumped off verizon network as they're expensive, and hopped onto T-Mobile using the myTouch 4G android phone. T-Mobile has HSPA+ network which is arguably the fastest data speeds available right now.

If you're gonna make a purchase I highly suggest going through Costco if possible. Also costco online. They offer more goodies and support than the cell carriers themselves.

Millienum Yellow
    2003 Corvette Z06

dual EVO's wont disappoint!

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

i bought an evo on release date, 3 weeks later my gf got one.

the android os is great, both rimm blackberry and iphone are losing sales to android.

in regards to the evo and sprint 3g/4g

I live in a 4g area and its super fast.

my bill is (before taxes and surcharges)
    --$69 unlimited everything (450 minutes during day time during the week to lan lines)(who calls lan lines anymore)
    --$10 for minutes

Definitely check your area for 4G if its not there, find out when. Its speed increase is great, however it does drain a battery. 4G kills my battery in about 12 hours. However the phone ships with a usb charger, so i can charge it off a computer at any time.

a great feature too, is the kickstand. my phone is always on the kickstand

yes the evo has video conferencing called Qik. The evo has two cameras, one 8mp, and the other just shy of 2mp (that one is for video conferencing. It works great.

With the evo and most android based phone you can browse full websites, and not the mobile versions.

check engadget for phone reviews/comparisons. You will save money leaving ATT and going into an android phone.

Two things I do recommend to protect any touch screen smart phone.

-order a plastic case/cover off ebay (dont buy at a store) a cover that costs $30 at a store can be found on ebay for $3.

-also pickup a screen protector to prevent scratches. I use www.Bodyguardz.com

Thread Information