Red
    2000 Camaro SS

any suggestions for a winter

so i live up in Michigan and a winter car is a must up here if i want to go any where. as of now i have a 96 civic (yes i know its an import, but i bought it used so all the money stays in the USA, and no its not riced out just a car that's good on gas millage and i know that's all its good for). i live on the east side of the state but just got into a college to transfer on the west side. if you know anything about Michigan you know the west side gets a lot more snow then the east side. so this is where my problem lies, i already have problems is the snow is deep with this car (got it last fall and i thought it would do much better, i was really pissed the first time i got stuck and other cars didn't have the problem, and the second time, and the third). so i am looking for a car that does amazing in the deep snow, prefer a 4 x 4. but i am a college student and am on a budget. also my parents have a rule that it must have airbags. i also don't want to drive a rust bucket half the year. any suggestion from people here. i found jeeps are pretty cheap but im worried they are over rated. i would like an SUV but a pick up is ok. i want ground clearance so a car is out of the picture. please remember im on a strict budget (mostly monthly payment), so no diesels and such. also i want the car to have under 75,000 miles. i know im picky and i know this explanation is much longer then it needs to be. so ill end it with, what have you guys had good luck with in the deep (sometimes 1-2 feet) snow.
    Chris

2000 Camaro SS - ported BBK throttle body, ls6 intake, granatelli MAF, yank 3,500 stall torque converter, Texas Speed Torquer 3 cam, hedmann headers and y-pipe, slp intake lid, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, gasket matched heads, dyno tuned, built trans, UMI 3-point SFC. 11.58sec

Black
    BLK TA modded 12.2@113mph

If you are looking for gas mileage as well as good in snow Tracker's will work rav4 or honda crv if you want cheap and good all around a Blazer or Durango but hard on gas man like 18mpg at best in the winter or put 4 studded tires on your car and keep the rpm's at 6000 in deep snow and have fun:-)

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

gas millage doesn't matter too much. and studded tires are illegal up here

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

i guess down from u

Thread Information