Any snowboarders on here?

I just started boarding this winter and i love it. I have a question on my binding setup if anyone can possibly answer it. My board is a 156 and i have a parallel pair of 4 holes in the front and back ( i know some boards have more). I had both bindings set up in the middle 2 holes in the front and back. the front binding looks so far back form the front of the board as compared to the back. Should i try and move the front binding foward so the bindings are more centered (what i mean is so that the back binding is the same length from the back of the board as the front binding is from the front of the board)? hope i didnt confuse everyone too much thanx for ur time.

Black
    91 Corvette

It depends on what you like, and where you ride. If you ride on the groomed trails, then centering the bindings (and yourself) on the board is probably a good idea. It'll allow you to ride regular and goofy, without any issues. If you ride in the powder, a rear weight bias is a good thing, it'll help keep you on top the snow.

I ride goofy, centered up, but with a 5/15 split. I rotate my front binding 15 degree's forward and my rear binding 5 degree's back. That's a pretty standard setting, it allows me to ride both directions, but the slight angle split is always telling my body that my right foot should be forward. That helped me a bunch when I was first starting out.

Black
    97 z28

Quote Originally Posted by neat
    It depends on what you like, and where you ride. If you ride on the groomed trails, then centering the bindings (and yourself) on the board is probably a good idea. It'll allow you to ride regular and goofy, without any issues. If you ride in the powder, a rear weight bias is a good thing, it'll help keep you on top the snow.

I ride goofy, centered up, but with a 5/15 split. I rotate my front binding 15 degree's forward and my rear binding 5 degree's back. That's a pretty standard setting, it allows me to ride both directions, but the slight angle split is always telling my body that my right foot should be forward. That helped me a bunch when I was first starting out.
    I ride 5/10, but not goofy.

98zman, When I first got my board.. like 6 years ago, I just adjusted it in my living room put everything on then stand on it for a while, see what's comfy.. but, neat is right about starting off 5/15.. That's the way to go until your comfy..
    Where do you guys normally go??

i'm in NY so i go to hunter mountain and mountain creek a lot so its not really powder its usually a groomed trail. I have my front setup at 15 and back at -6 which i definitely like. I moved the front binding up a little last night in my house and stood in it but the stance felt way too wide to me for some reason and i dont want to move my back binding up anymore. Maybe i'll just move the front binding up and ride with is and i'll get used to the stance width.

badass67
    I have been riding since 91.
    My first board was a NITRO Diablo - 187
    My current board is a NITRO 179
    Short boards are good for tricks and groomers, long boards better for the back bowls and deep powder. Like floating on a cloud!
    I have my bindings back, due to the COlorado Powder!
    Goofy rider also, and Front is 15 and rear is 5.

Keep trying new things, find out what you like best.
    Have fun and go fast!

NBM
    '99 Z28

I have a Jussi 157.5 and a Fluid 154 The shorter 1 is for the park i ride goofy. my bindings are centered with the front at 15 and back at 0. Md mountains suck so we normally go to Lake Tahoe once a yr. Basically you have to put them where it feels good to you.

black
    98 WS6

I live in tahoe and I don't snowboard maybe I'll start next winter

I actually talked ot my sales rep for ride snowboards. He said my board has a 1" setback on the front binding so thats why it doesnt look centered even though both are on the middle two holes. He said i can move it up on the front binding to center it more so i guess thats why it looks so weird.

badass67
    Quote Originally Posted by pecha
    I live in tahoe and I don't snowboard maybe I'll start next winter

You really should, it is great!

Thread Information