Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    1966 Corvette Coupe

Any Pawn Star fans????

I lover the show pawn stars... and i saw this on the DVR and thought it was some really really really cool shit...

----------------------------------------------------

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaeger-LeCoultre

The Atmos- Atmospheric- almost Perpetual Motion Clock and its history
    The Atmos

Thanks to his friend César de Trey (1876-1953), who will also contribute to the creation of the Reverso, Jacques-David LeCoultre discovers the "eternal" clock. After a detailed scrutiny of its mechanism, he notes that only the finest watchmakers will be able to rise to this technical challenge. Jean-Léon Reutter (1899-1971)shares this conviction and after years of research was issued a patent in 1926. In 1928, the first prototypes of a clock that draws its energy from the slightest atmospheric variations is presented. Entirely made within the Manufacture since 1936, the Atmos has become a legend of its time. Its prestige earns it status as the official gift of the Swiss Government.

Since some time prior to 1937 a Swiss corporation, Le Coultre & Cie, S.A. (hereafter Le Coultre Co.), had manufactured a clock unique in the horological world by reason of its source of energy. Although spring driven, it was/is so contrived that the spring is wound by very slight changes in the temperature of the atmosphere. No manual winding or other external source of energy is required. These features induced the manufacturer at an early date to name the clock 'Atmos—the Perpetual Motion Clock.'

Initially it was made in a variety of designs, but by 1937 it was decided to give so unique a mechanism a distinctive outward appearance. Accordingly, the old designs were withdrawn and replaced by the one still in use. It is a simple yet elegant open-dial model made of brass, set on a brass base and covered by a detachable case consisting of four crystal sides and a crystal top set in a brass framework. As of 1954, neither the mechanism nor the design had been patented. The name Atmos, however, which is always used to describe this atmospherically operated clock, has been registered in the United States Patent and Trademark Office, as the property of Establissements Ed. Jaeger of France.

-------------------------------------------

Here is a new one....

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Jaeger-LeCoultre-Atmos-Clocks-Watch-Q5745101/dp/B000Z7BTZI[/ame]

-------------------------------------------

Im just an engineer and a geek... but that is AWESOME...

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

yeah it's a pretty good show...although very often i find myself incredibly mad at the people selling stuff. like the jerk that sold his grandfather's WWII army air corps uniform...and the guy who sold his incredibly rare 17th/18th century musketoon.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Yeah, they get offered half the value of items their relatives cherrished, and they take the money and run. I have a hard time watching the show.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Show I like .. Main character , guy with bald head, dont like but he knows his shit ..

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Only good thing that came out of it was me thinking to order Tennesee Tuxedo dvd...anyone get the reference?

Impounded
    gmcheviac

I hate the fat fuck son. No respect for his grandpa and doesn't know shit either (like the boat purchase)

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

He made over 1000 on the boat purchase.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Because his dad's boat-guy friend felt bad for them. It needed a shit ton of work and he didn't know what he was doing

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Those guys he calls in, those aren't his dad's "FRIENDS". They all charge him. That guy that fixed that boat clock thingy by removing two wedges that were put there for shipping. Took 2 minutes...charged him 50 bucks. He gets charged full rates.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Those guys he calls in, those aren't his dad's "FRIENDS". They all charge him. That guy that fixed that boat clock thingy by removing two wedges that were put there for shipping. Took 2 minutes...charged him 50 bucks. He gets charged full rates.
    he was talking about the Cris Craft purchase .. Never ,ever buy a boat and not hear it run.. esp if it has 2 IOs...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Only good thing that came out of it was me thinking to order Tennesee Tuxedo dvd...anyone get the reference?
    The $1 bill..... or TT's friend Chumley whichever you prefer.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

no shit he paid them and like was said above, it was a cris craft. The boat guy did a couple K in work. Point being he didn't know what the hell he was doing and wasn't losing his own money over it. He barely came out over even if I remember

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    no shit he paid them and like was said above, it was a cris craft. The boat guy did a couple K in work. Point being he didn't know what the hell he was doing and wasn't losing his own money over it. He barely came out over even if I remember
    he was very lucky that one IO didnt need any engine work...

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

I like the show, but these people that sell some of the shit are fucking stupid. Do a little research and sell to a collector to double your money. Like the dumb ass who sold the original frame / suspension for the Shelby Cobra for 30k and was appraised for like 60k or something.

The guy that sold the WWII uniform pissed me off the most. Not respect for his grandfather or what he probably went through. The idiot said he wore it for Halloween for gods sake.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by BrntWS6 View Post
    I like the show, but these people that sell some of the shit are fucking stupid. Do a little research and sell to a collector to double your money. Like the dumb ass who sold the original frame / suspension for the Shelby Cobra for 30k and was appraised for like 60k or something.

The guy that sold the WWII uniform pissed me off the most. Not respect for his grandfather or what he probably went through. The idiot said he wore it for Halloween for gods sake.
    yea but the guy with the Cobra had that left in a storage bin, and he might not of had money to restore it .. So .. open up a bin.. take frame to a pawn shop make $30 K .. not a bad day if you ask me ...

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    The $1 bill..... or TT's friend Chumley whichever you prefer.
    yeah, Chumley, the big dumb walrus. And the penguin was voiced by none other than maxell smart!

Red
    1999 Pontiac TransAm

Love the show - but would never sell anything to a pawn shop unless I couldn't sell it anywhere else. They have to make money, so they aren't going to buy it for much. Can't blame them for that. It's the sellers that are stupid.

With the Cobra guy - I bet if somebody was standing in front of you holding 30K cash - you might take it. Maybe he just didn't have the resources or interest in trying to find a good buyer. I wondered why he didn't just sell it to the guy that they let look at it! He knew what it was worth and since that was his line of work, might have bought it for more.

Black
    99 SS

I think its the best show on TV. but i cant understand why some people will sell something for 75 bucks or 500 at that, I would never sell anything with historic importance unless i was selling it for over 100k like life changing money. But the guy who sold his grandfathers WWII unis was a total fag i mean he sold them for 300 bucks. geesh

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    yea but the guy with the Cobra had that left in a storage bin, and he might not of had money to restore it .. So .. open up a bin.. take frame to a pawn shop make $30 K .. not a bad day if you ask me ...

I know the guy got it for free because he towed it. But he threw away 20 - 30k because he couldn't wait to sell it and do a little research first to find a collector. It was worth 50 - 60k just the way it sat on his trailer. Restored I think they said 150k?? Can't remember exactly.

With the Internet it would take me all of an hour to find numerous collector sights and post it in the for sale forums. Not to mention all the collector magazines you could advertise in. He probably could have had it sold in two weeks as rare as they are.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

How about that potty chair? What a dumbass...didn't even squeal the tires.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information