Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Any Lasik People On Here?

I've really been considering lasik recently. Done a lot of research, found out there is a very good center close to me. I was just wondering if anyone on here has had it done and what their experience was like? Better or worse?

All the research I've done, I keep seeing the same shit over and over, not 100%. Might give worse vision than you had. Can produce glares and halos. Might ruin your night vision. Etc... Yet the four friends I know that had it done all have said they had 20/20 the next morning.

I have a horrible track record of passing out with glasses on and breaking them. Also I had a bad experience with contacts when I was really really drunk. Not to mention my sports activities they really really limit me.

Surely someone on here has had it done?

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

My wife and a friend back home both had it done and rave about it. My wife was restricted to day driving only and my friend was not allowed to drive at all. now my friend don't need glasses at all except driving and reading,the wife only needs reading glasses and not the prescription glasses she had.

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Oh I forgot to mention this but check with your state tax laws medical expenses may be deductable during tax time. In nj we can deduct our insurance,dr visits medicines ect. wish we knew about that when my son was sick all the time.

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

I had it done in Robins, IA. TLC Center (Iowa Eye Care). By far the BEST investment I've ever made. I was legally blind w/out glasses before, now I have 20/20 in one eye and 20/30 in another. This summer, I'll get a touchup on the one eye to further correct it. I had terrible astigmatism.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Perfect vision checking in.

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Perfect vision checking in.
    I hope you get syphilis of the eyes!

JK

red

Had it done 9 years ago when it was still new. Went from a 20/400 too 20/15 the next day. All I had was a little dry feeling for about a week. I think it worth it since you mention about breaking your glass because I always mis-place mine, or my contacts always pop out while at work.
    1996 Z28 LT-1 (with basic bolt-on)

How much does it cost?

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Mine was $3800 for bladeless lasik.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

They all have financing plans, which is why I am really considering it. Plus I got 3200 in HSA.

Blue
    72 Chevelle, 2001 SS

Since your so close to the place, I STRONGLY suggest TLC in Robins.

go to lasik.com for the info.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by korndawg View Post
    Since your so close to the place, I STRONGLY suggest TLC in Robins.

go to lasik.com for the info.
    Just mapquested it, can't believe I never heard of that town before. I go to Vinton and Cedar Rapids all the time. I'll look into that place as well now.

red

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    How much does it cost?
    For me, it was all free since I was in the military at the time of treatment. My job required me to have good vision.

Another +1 for Lasik. Only complaint I have/had was I am one of the ones that experienced a reduction in night vision/driving. For the first year or so it was hard to drive at night due to the glare and halo rings around headlights and other lights. But I rarely drive at night but I did notice the more that you are in the dark the better your vision gets and the glare reduces substantionally.

But if you weigh that over the glasses and contact pain in the ass you love Lasik. If you have it done follow the drs. orders on post op. And if you are nervous about the procedure the dr. should provide a valium to relax or similar. I was jumpy and blinked too hard when the removed the tool that holds your eye open and it creased the flap they cut in your eye and they had to straighten it out which didnt feel good.

My op ran $3600 which included everything needed for procedure and a years worth of post op check ups.

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

I had PRK done in 2001. It is the same thing except in how they prepare they eye to be lazed. I love it! It made my job so much better!

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Aren't you required to have 20/20 Packy?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

You're still really young bro i'd wait for LASIK to advance some or something more advanced to come along. Anything that happens under that laser is permanent same goes for the common side effects. There may be a job you'll want 10 years down the road that requires good night vision and then you're screwed.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    I think so, but if I remember correctly, some correction is allowed.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    You're still really young bro i'd wait for LASIK to advance some or something more advanced to come along. Anything that happens under that laser is permanent same goes for the common side effects. There may be a job you'll want 10 years down the road that requires good night vision and then you're screwed.
    Yeah, a little freaked out by that. You read the horror stories, and the logistics of it. But the fact that there is that 1% and that 1% is a person somewhere, that might be me. It's a little eerie. Still, it would help me so much.

Skydiving I have a contact fall out all the time, and they turn hard as a rock and go bad by the time I hit the ground. Trying to land with no vision sucks hard. And with my shitty packing I get slammers all the time.

Quad racing I get dirt in my eyes and it hurts so insanely bad it's ridiculous, then I can't rub eyes cause contact will fall out. Same with getting soap in your eyes in shower, can't rub eyes to hard.

With my glasses, I constantly wreck them. Sleep with them, bend so bad I have to replace. Can't wear goggles over them. Real annoyance. And glasses make me feel like an inferior being. Almost as if I am damaged, not a perfect model.

Not to mention, that zombie apocalypse hits, my glasses get smashed, run out of contacts. Then what? I am screwed. I got -3.50 in one eye and -4.00 in the other. Been that way for three years now. You have no idea how blurry that is.

And if it does go bad...I could just get cornea transplants from a dead girl.(I don't want a guy inside of me in any shape way or form EVER!!).

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    No, you are not required too but the will correct it to that for free if you want them too. You can get a waiver for anything.

The whole night vision thing is kind of funny. At first it does make things hard but after your eyes get used to it I think my night vision was improved. Just my .02

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information