Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Any bike experts?

Well yesterday as i was leaving work my bike died on me and it wont start anymore it cranks but it wont start... this is exactly what happened. I got on my bike and it started right up just like any other time before so i went back a little and slipped in first and got going well i went over one speed bump and all was fine then i went over a second speed bump and it died on and the light that went on was the oil light (i think thats normal when the bike is off right?) one thing though is that all the lights up and all is normal EXCEPT the speedo and tach lights dont light up but it does show the miles and time another weird thing is that the brake light doesnt turn on when i press my front or rear brake... Any ideas what might be happening? im thinking a cable came loose or something but any ideas which one maybe?

Its a 00 ninja zx6r.

Thanks guys! Time to ride the T/A

Shake and Bake Triple H Coating's Avatar

2006 Harley Night Train
    Im a Harley snob, so I am certainly no expert when it comes to rice, but first I would check the plug wire and see if there is any juice going through them. Secondly, (Im guessing here) its fuel injected I would check to see if your fuel pump is working.

If you got juice and fuel you got spark. Thats what I would start checking.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS.6 View Post
    Well yesterday as i was leaving work my bike died on me and it wont start anymore it cranks but it wont start... this is exactly what happened. I got on my bike and it started right up just like any other time before so i went back a little and slipped in first and got going well i went over one speed bump and all was fine then i went over a second speed bump and it died on and the light that went on was the oil light (i think thats normal when the bike is off right?) one thing though is that all the lights up and all is normal EXCEPT the speedo and tach lights dont light up but it does show the miles and time another weird thing is that the brake light doesnt turn on when i press my front or rear brake... Any ideas what might be happening? im thinking a cable came loose or something but any ideas which one maybe?

Its a 00 ninja zx6r.

Thanks guys! Time to ride the T/A
    the bump you hit might have made you get a loose connection somewhere.

red
    1995/2002 camaro z28's

one time something similiar happend to me, i was stuck on the side of the road and could not figure out what had happend, ended up i accidently hit the kill switch and didnt notice it, not saying you did this but i would look for a simple explanation before i tore into anything, like you said a loose wire or something like that

Thread Information