Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ants on my car

Silver
    98 Z28

Ants on my car

ive got ants crawling around my freakin car! i have no food or sweets of any kind in my car but yet they are still attracted to it! this shit is stupid! i have no idea how many are in there but im getting them out one way or another! how the hell does something like this happen? they creeped onto my little plastic guard under the front bumper and up to the upper corners of my windshield. why the hell is a gap there anyway? does anyone else have this gap?

08 HD FXSTB
    2010 F350

Set it on fire

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Doesn't need to be food or sweets for them to find something to eat.

They're eating the fukkin exterior insulation of my house (These are black ants mind you, not termites).

So I've come to the conclusion that they'll eat whatever. Buy a can of Raid I guess.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I thought you had a 4th gen, not a 3rd gen

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

While I recommend burning them with fire, that may or may not damage your car. I don't recommend raid because that may damage your paint or other surfaces. I would say to vaccuum them up. Find if they are climbing your car from a nest on the ground and nuke the nest with fire or chemicals. Vaccuum, its a safe bet.

WAIT, WUT??? Did I just give a good answer on AAG What the hell is becoming of me
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Ortho is what I use for the ants. I had a bad ant issue and it is now gone for the most part.

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    What the hell is becoming of me
    Seems like thread removal time to me.. Y2K?

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Seems like thread removal time to me.. Y2K?
    Except your Ortho will probably destroy his paint or his plastics

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Except your Ortho will probably destroy his paint or his plastics
    It is plant safe I will have to double check paint and plastic safe. "Use on lawns, shrubs, ornamentals, fruit, and trees". I would think ornametals would include metals items. But not saying to spray it directly yet. They just don't start already on a car.. There must be a path they take.
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 08-21-2010 at 09:49 PM.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

look where you're parking at....probably have a colony there somewhere. Put bait around the car that they can carry back and kill the whole colony.

Blue GMC Canyon
    trans ams gone now

if it's black ants it could be carpenter ants which act much like termites. they eat wood and other celluose material like paper, styrofoam, etc. put some poison down if you see a trail around car. they can have many satellite colonies through the yard and usually a bigger main colony somewhere depending on how long they've been around. if thats the case it will take awhile to get them all under control. at the very least just get some poison or bait to put out for the ants around car.

Silver
    98 Z28

i sprayed some bug off on the trail. the trail is gone and there are no others anywhere around it. ive noticed a lot of ants around my garbage can outside, and thats where there coming from. located a couple dead bugs that i believe originally attracted them, but currently they're still outside of the car and going inside the gaps of the windshield. i try going for a ride to blow them off but they still persist. not a whole bunch of 'em but i can at any point see about 6-10 of them crawling around. they're small black ants and the thing that worries me is that if they're not dead yet without any food, they must be finding SOMETHING to eat !! ARGH! i dont think there's much i can do thats safe for my paint that i can put along the little routes they take. ill pop the hood and check my foam a lil later. ill park it outside for a day to see if that helps. doubt it will seeing as how there is no visible trail from the ground
    Last edited by SiLver_PhOeNiX; 08-22-2010 at 02:23 PM.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I had a grasshopper hold on at the top of my windshield when I was going 70mph. Only lasted like one mile, but just sayin. Everytime it lifted a leg to try and walk and it would just about lose it. Had its leg's looking like a twister game before it finally jumped.

Silver
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    I had a grasshopper hold on at the top of my windshield when I was going 70mph. Only lasted like one mile, but just sayin. Everytime it lifted a leg to try and walk and it would just about lose it. Had its leg's looking like a twister game before it finally jumped.
    lol. reminds me of that "Bee" movie. i wonder if he got to where he was going..

Red
    2000 Camaro SS

leave your car out in the sunlight for a day or two. The heat kills all kinds of stuff...or at least makes them want to leave the car. While you car is parked in said location, dump the trash can and "wash" it in some kind of ant killing chemical. Find the nest/beds near by and do the same with them.

If you want a good ol' southern recipe to kill some ants, pour grits on the ant hill. Do it in the morning and poke the hill just a little. They will start eating the grits and come back in the evening and pour water on the bed. The grits will swell and the ants will pop. It also works with ground rice or mashed potato flakes. I don't recommend this to be cruel to ants, but if you can't get a hold of plant/pet/kid friendly pesticide and those things are a concern...its an option.

Sebring Silver
    1999 Camaro Z28

I live in Hawaii and the ants here are horrible. I had ants in my truck. Kept seeing one here or there, then one day when I turned on the A/C, bunch started flying out. They got insane... started building a colony IN my truck. I used raid and borax which didn't stop them. I ended up using terro ant dust on my carpets and let it sit there for awhile before vacuuming it up. Did the trick.

Get rid of them QUICK! Like others said, they don't like just food. They'll eat whatever; seat, computer, etc... could get expensive

Silver
    98 Z28

GD ants! i saw one of them carrying a small green something around my windshield.. vacuumed up about 15 or so, but i know they're still there.. plotting.. eating.. and laughing! i looked under the hood at the Styrofoam but saw no ants. how the hell do they just hang around and eat shit and survive? i thought they had a purpose. and im sure there isnt a colony, which would be really bad, or a queen, so they're not making babies. im hoping they'll die soon. ill keep you all updated.

Silver
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by IH8EVRY1 View Post
    leave your car out in the sunlight for a day or two. The heat kills all kinds of stuff...or at least makes them want to leave the car. While you car is parked in said location, dump the trash can and "wash" it in some kind of ant killing chemical. Find the nest/beds near by and do the same with them.

If you want a good ol' southern recipe to kill some ants, pour grits on the ant hill. Do it in the morning and poke the hill just a little. They will start eating the grits and come back in the evening and pour water on the bed. The grits will swell and the ants will pop. It also works with ground rice or mashed potato flakes. I don't recommend this to be cruel to ants, but if you can't get a hold of plant/pet/kid friendly pesticide and those things are a concern...its an option.
    Hah. Sounds like a great recipe. ive got a ton of rice! actually about 40lbs left. i cant round that up easy.

Silver
    98 Z28

So i just left my car in the sun for a day in my driveway and oof: no more ants! hopefully they're not just chillin somewhere waiting for the opportune time to strike!

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    I thought you had a 4th gen, not a 3rd gen
    ha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information