Thread: Another Rant

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit

Another Rant

I must say, I served in The United States Army, and I was a 2Lt. My mos was a 63y. I did Ranger school. I have now been out for over two years, and It's the Men, and Women like you who have verry well obtained morals and a Good work ethic or code that helps me sleep. I can defin respect you verry much. There are bad soldiers who do bad things, but I don't bash them. They get punished in (The Military Law) if caught, as much as I were to do somthing bad on my civillian terms of engagement (another wards for some people who need vocab) breaking the law.

We all know from are right from wrong, and that gives us guidance to leading a safe, and non mischief life. Respect was one of The Army Values for some of you Soldiers, who were or still are serving are flag. Treat others on how you want to be treated! It's the negativity that gets this Country in a rage, and the news thrives on it. I care not to know the violent, hostilaty in our Country. I do respect all Wome, and Men who fight and served like I did. Were all battle buddies to the end. I respect all Men, and Women who are civillians,a nd I will try to do my best as a civillian to keep my votes, and keeping are Constitution safe.
    Sorry peeps that if my spelling was horrible. I have been up all night! No sleep, and no track today.
    God bless!
    I don't mean to single out the above post/poster but this is just the latest example that I've read here. Am I just picky or can you not stand it when people misspell words, use words that sound like the words they SHOULD use, and use poor grammar? This drives me nuts sometimes, I swear. I'm not perfect by any means but I try my hardest to spell correctly, use proper grammar, and use proper punctuation. Maybe it is because I want to be a lawyer and legal documents have to be a certain way but it irritates me to see people typing the way they do here sometimes. I like to compare it to speaking. Some of you type the way some coon-ass rednecks speak. It is almost impossible to read or understand, much like heavy ebonics is. To those of you that take the time to capitalize letters, spell correctly, etc. I appreciate your good "net" etiquette.

Here is another example by one of our moderators: "I Have a Question?"
    Is he asking if he has a question?
    Last edited by FuxOnTheFirstDate; 06-29-2006 at 02:23 PM.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

I don't let it rankle me too much, but I do question people that claim to be educated and can't put together coherent thoughts. For example, the quote listed above. Now this guy may very well have been in the Army, but if all he ever attained was the rank of 2nd Lt., I question how long he was actually in. Generally a butter bar will get promoted to 1st Lt. fairly quickly.

The other thing is that officers are usually, but not always, college educated. It is rare that someone without the degree will wind up in OCS. If you have that piece of paper, I would think you know how to spell and write basic sentences and paragraphs.

Just my .02.

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

I want to be a lawyer and legal documents have to be a certain way but it irritates me to see people typing the way they do here sometimes. I like to compare it to speaking. Some of you type the way some coon-ass rednecks speak. It is almost impossible to read or understand, much like heavy ebonics is. To those of you that take the time to capitalize letters, spell correctly, etc. I appreciate your good "net" etiquette.[/QUOTE]

I said I was sorry at the bottom bro for my spelling! I was up 24 straight... Maybe you will know how it is to be up when you are studying to be a lawyer, (than say I am going to be). I will make sure my "net" etiquette is better (people) on this board. I can say with the ignorance that is sheer bliss, and the name FuxOnFirst-rape. You can maybe defend yourself. When you pass the bar. It's all gravy bro! Wish you luck!
    Last edited by ramrod; 06-29-2006 at 02:35 PM.

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by norm43a View Post
    I don't let it rankle me too much, but I do question people that claim to be educated and can't put together coherent thoughts. For example, the quote listed above. Now this guy may very well have been in the Army, but if all he ever attained was the rank of 2nd Lt., I question how long he was actually in. Generally a butter bar will get promoted to 1st Lt. fairly quickly.

The other thing is that officers are usually, but not always, college educated. It is rare that someone without the degree will wind up in OCS. If you have that piece of paper, I would think you know how to spell and write basic sentences and paragraphs.

Just my .02.
    I agree, and to your question I was not in long. I was injured in combat, and I will make better "net" etiquette for you all. Staying up 24 hours studying is a thing I can no longer do in the past! I also was giving praise for our Men, and Women who protect Our Country. I would of think FuxOnTheFirstDate wanting to be a lawyer, protecting the laws, and fighting would share some same integrity.
    Last edited by ramrod; 06-29-2006 at 02:41 PM.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

Quote Originally Posted by ramrod View Post
    I agree, and to your question I was not in long. I was injured in combat, and I will make better "net" etiquette for you all. Staying up 24 hours studying is a thing I can no longer do in the past! I also was giving praise for our Men, and Women who protect Our Country. I would of think FuxOnTheFirstDate wanting to be a lawyer, protecting the laws, and fighting would share some same integrity.
    Agreed.

Good luck on the school. Study hard.

green
    95 firebird

i usually don't mind too much when people have bad spelling or grammar. some people struggle with english, but i don't look down on them because of it. well, at least not on an f-body forum. if i came across something like that in lecture, then i'd probably dismiss whatever they had to say until they could present it in a coherent manner. people tear bush apart for making up words, but when was the last time you made fun of a mechanic for using the wrong tense of a verb (no offense meant to any mechanics, its just an illustration)?

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by norm43a View Post
    Agreed.

Good luck on the school. Study hard.
    I was actually studying for building my T/A! I went to Northwestern! I graduated in 03, and have a B.S. in Pschology. I use my diploma to wipe my arse with.

Shit

I can say with the ignorance that is sheer bliss, and the name FuxOnFirst-rape. You can maybe defend yourself. When you pass the bar. It's all gravy bro! Wish you luck!
    Huh? My username is a joke. I assume you were trying to judge my real-life character based on the username I chose but, like I said, its just a joke. Honestly I would probably never fuck on the first date. I bet the guy in my avatar would though, lol.

Shit
    I do love the men and women that fight to protect our country. I just happen to be able to think for myself and take what our wonderful government says with a grain of salt. Like I've said before, the government will tell you that marijuana is a dangerous drug. If you would do your research you would realize just how big of a lie that is. That is just one of many examples of how corrupt our government is. They do some good too, but don't think they're like family, lol.

Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaMan View Post
    i usually don't mind too much when people have bad spelling or grammar. some people struggle with english, but i don't look down on them because of it. well, at least not on an f-body forum. if i came across something like that in lecture, then i'd probably dismiss whatever they had to say until they could present it in a coherent manner. people tear bush apart for making up words, but when was the last time you made fun of a mechanic for using the wrong tense of a verb (no offense meant to any mechanics, its just an illustration)?
    I see what you're saying. The way a person looks is judged by society. The same goes for the way the person speaks and writes. "A purson that dresst n philthy cloze that spelz wards liek dis" is going to be viewed as uneducated, trashy, or stupid compared to a person that wears presentable, nice clothing and spells words correctly. Unfortunately that is just the way it is.

GOT BOOST?
    02 Vette-Black 618 rwhp

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate View Post
    I do love the men and women that fight to protect our country. I just happen to be able to think for myself and take what our wonderful government says with a grain of salt. Like I've said before, the government will tell you that marijuana is a dangerous drug. If you would do your research you would realize just how big of a lie that is. That is just one of many examples of how corrupt our government is. They do some good too, but don't think they're like family, lol.

Word! Lol! I like your Goverment comment!

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

I was actually studying for building my T/A! I went to Northwestern! I graduated in 03, and have a B.S. in Pschology. I use my diploma to wipe my arse with.
    Don't give up on it yet. You'd be suprised where that piece of paper will take you.

Thread Information