Thread: Annoyed

White
    1994 Pontiac T/A

Annoyed

I am annoyed i have a high pitch squeak coming from the back of my car it is in the interior for fact but cant find it. Only occurs while the car is moving almost like plastic on plastic or a speed clip on the body rubbing idk im lost and its gets annoying while riding down the road.

Cobra, Z28, GN, F250

If thats the only noise you have in your Trans Am, you're doing better than most

-Will

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Have you checked your spare to see if it's loose in the storage compartment?

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_94_T/A View Post
    I am annoyed i have a high pitch squeak coming from the back of my car it is in the interior for fact but cant find it. Only occurs while the car is moving almost like plastic on plastic or a speed clip on the body rubbing idk im lost and its gets annoying while riding down the road.
    if you find it let me know. mine is more like a medium chirp, but it's inside in the back. i pulled the spare, jack and everything out, still does it. one thing i haven't tried though is putting a dab of grease on the plastic bump stops that the hatch rests on when it's closed. the chirp can't be duplicated by hitting, pounding, shaking or anything while the car is sitting still.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    if you find it let me know. mine is more like a medium chirp, but it's inside in the back. i pulled the spare, jack and everything out, still does it. one thing i haven't tried though is putting a dab of grease on the plastic bump stops that the hatch rests on when it's closed. the chirp can't be duplicated by hitting, pounding, shaking or anything while the car is sitting still.
    I didn't think of that. Didn't that happen with the 3rd gens as well?

White
    1994 Pontiac T/A

the one thing i did notice is the center plate between the tail lights made a squeak about the same as the one i hear. I grabbed it and gently put pressure on it and sounds almost the same i took the tail light off and put elc. tape where the plastic studs went through and it went away for couple minutes then it came back.

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Quote Originally Posted by Adam_94_T/A View Post
    the one thing i did notice is the center plate between the tail lights made a squeak about the same as the one i hear. I grabbed it and gently put pressure on it and sounds almost the same i took the tail light off and put elc. tape where the plastic studs went through and it went away for couple minutes then it came back.
    For that you should hit a hardware store and look for some faucet washers(rubber) to help with the plate/taillight issue.

Sold: LS1 '85 El Camino ls1camino's Avatar

2000 Grand Prix GTP
    2000 Trans Am WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by TARZAN View Post
    If thats the only noise you have in your Trans Am, you're doing better than most

-Will

White
    1994 Pontiac T/A

i will do once i get my first paycheck from the new job. Ive been out of work for two months now.

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

whatever you do dont drop loose change anywhere in your 4th gen. you will hear coins rattling for the rest of your life.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    I didn't think of that. Didn't that happen with the 3rd gens as well?
    Everthing rattles in a turd gen

To the OP, check the spare as has been stated. The "trick" I use is to blackmagic the spare. Also check the bump stops on the hatch for proper adjustment. If they are not properly pushing against the hatch when it's closed, the latch were it hooks to the "loop" on the body can sqweek too.. So can the hatch bump stops where they rest against the hatch..
    Last edited by Smittro; 11-14-2009 at 11:00 AM. Reason: spelling as usual
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Everthing rattles in a turd gen
    lol this

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

I fixed all the rattles, and my rear end barley whines as long as that board is up against the hatch. I do however have a clunk when I hit bumps, it goes away after driving a while though. I just crank my stereo up to cover the noise till then.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    I fixed all the rattles, and my rear end barley whines as long as that board is up against the hatch. I do however have a clunk when I hit bumps, it goes away after driving a while though. I just crank my stereo up to cover the noise till then.
    You're doing it wrong!

Your exhaust should drown out every other noise in your car.

White
    1994 Pontiac T/A

thats the thing i can only hear it when i have my cruise set lol. and most the time i have stero up. But its just one thing id like to stop.

Thread Information