Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I to Old?

Red
    1995 Trans am

Am I to Old?

My wife gives me slack a lot telling me that I need to grow up and get a older person's ride and sell my 1995 trans am? I'll be 43 this year and I have a 1995 Trans am convertible that I drive and show. I only drive it on nice days to work and a few evenings. I know its not a family car and we have two little girls and a van and truck to take them places. I tell her my age drives TA's and Camaro's and age has nothing to do with it. I work 40+ hours a week and enjoy a little something like this. I tell her everybody needs a little something in life to enjoy and this is my thing since I don't golf, hee. It's also paid for.
    To old? Your thoughts.

1981 g-Body

Even if you were 95, your still not too old.

Get a divorce.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Too old? What's that?

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

dude age has nothing to do with cars.......

stating that is claiming a girl is a slut for wearing revealing clothes, which is so not true.

tell your wife, that fine if you want me to have a car more my age then I'm buying a corvette. LOL

you work 40+ hours a week so enjoy your slice of heaven and enjoy staying young!!!

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

Your wife needs a kick in the vagina! I hope to have a Vette by the time I'm 43. BTW....are you going to the Concours d'Elegance this weekend at Keeneland? Lots of Vettes and F-bodies along with Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, etc.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Shit fire youngster....I've been married 25+ years.....Mama knew I was a gearhead when she married me and I still am....folks do ask her "when is he gonna grow up"...her response has always been the same....I dont want him too.....I always found that....I dunno...sorta neat

Red
    1995 Trans am

Quote Originally Posted by nitrox28 View Post
    Your wife needs a kick in the vagina! I hope to have a Vette by the time I'm 43. BTW....are you going to the Concours d'Elegance this weekend at Keeneland? Lots of Vettes and F-bodies along with Ferrari, Lamborghini, Porsche, etc.
    I never heard of the event at Keeneland? I'm leaving her and going to Trans am Nationals in Dayton, Ohio this weekend to hang our with about 500 other TA and Firebirds. Its a blast and I won the show and shine award last year at their criuse-in so maybe thats what she hates? maybe I need to spend more time on her than the car, hee.

1997 Grand Cherokee
    1999 Firebird.

Quote Originally Posted by 95TAGary View Post
    I never heard of the event at Keeneland? I'm leaving her and going to Trans am Nationals in Dayton, Ohio this weekend to hang our with about 500 other TA and Firebirds. Its a blast and I won the show and shine award last year at their criuse-in so maybe thats what she hates? maybe I need to spend more time on her than the car, hee.
    Here's a link. There were 2 REAL Yankos there last year!!

http://www.keenelandconcours.com/

nc98z

Cool Too Old?

Hell I'm 51 and I just ordered a new crate motor for my 98Z28. And you know that if you sell it your going to regret it. Lets see I've had a 68,a 69 with the 427 and a 72 that had so much bondo on it the highway patrol couldn't get a radar lock on it. Give her the house but keep the Camaros.

Black
    98 Z-28

43???.....hell, I hope I die before I get that old !!.....ahhh, wait a minute...I AM 43.....anybody know where a good retirement home is?....I need my depends changed.

Wicked Witch of the West egaian's Avatar
    That's your hobby and as long as it is not causing signifigant financial strain on the family or majorly inerfering with your children and family, what is the problem? you are right we all need our "hobbys" or "little things" that give us pleasure....
    is there anything she really likes? i mean is she a shoe whore? or is she really into decorating or anything? if so compare it to her thing. But if she doesn't have a hobby or a little thing like that its gonna be a tough sell. If someone doesn't have that little thing that they enjoy they will never understand the concept.
    Hope she comes around soon though, if you work hard you deserve to have your fun!

Pewter
    2001 Camaro Z28 M6

every gf that I have had long term and short term always knew they had to accept that my cars and my guitars are my sanctuary. Without either of them I would be a miserable bastard. I love racing/driving my car and love playing guitar in a band or solo, they are both in my blood and extension of me.

Also if I am in a bad mind state, a cruise in the camaro or ripping on the guitar, always balances me out.

yeah that has caused problems similiar to yours in past relationships but now I feel lucky because the current gf, encourages both my guitar playing and my cars.

Dont ever give up what you love for another person, yeah it might sound sweet but you will feel empty inside and resent that person forever..

why settle for what society standards are: sport car when young, mid life responsibility of a mini van and kids, senior life with corvette. screw it, enjoy it all in the moment, because you never know when that moment is the last!

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

sarge is in his 80's he's not too old,

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    43???.....hell, I hope I die before I get that old !!.....ahhh, wait a minute...I AM 43.....anybody know where a good retirement home is?....I need my depends changed.
    Skyline at First Hill in Seattle, it's a Senior Living 26 story highrise that I am designing. Construction is slated to begin in Jan. '07

And yes, we have Assisted Living so you can get your ass wiped!!!

http://www.prcn.net/skyline.htm

Black
    98 Z-28

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    Skyline at First Hill in Seattle, it's a Senior Living 26 story highrise that I am designing. Construction is slated to begin in Jan. '07

And yes, we have Assisted Living so you can get your ass wiped!!!

http://www.prcn.net/skyline.htm
    I don't mind wiping myself....it's sponge baths by nurses' that look like Jessica Alba that I'm interested in.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

you'r not too old...that's some bullshit. its not like you're making payments on it. i'm sure it's not effecting your insurance that much either.

Tell her that she's right and that you think it is time to trade up for a vette. I bet that will quiet her down.

1970 Fbody

Tell your wife that when you are too old to drive a fbody is right about when you will have your midlife crisis and buy a vette, bang a prositute, and get into gambling debt. She will quickly like you for who you are

Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.B View Post
    I don't mind wiping myself....it's sponge baths by nurses' that look like Jessica Alba that I'm interested in.
    can't help you there, that's a staffing issue... you got the mindset for assisted bathing down quite nicely though.

chameleon
    98 T/A

trade her in for two twenty two year olds they will both be your age

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information