Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Red
    2001 ws6

Am i missing anything?

So heres my list come spring time but i want to order everything and make sure its all there when i go to install it. Is there anything i should get to compiment something else? Any gaskets, bump stops, etc.

ARH headers 1 3/4
    SLP exhaust with a magnaflow bullet muffler in its place
    UMI 2 point Bolt-in SFC's
    Eiback lowering springs (should i go with 1.5 and 1.3 in the rear or 1.7 and 1.8 in the rear)
    NGK TR55-IX spark plugs
    180 degree thermostat
    Afterthoughts auto corsa clone tips
    SLP CAGS eliminator

anything im missing that will make this easier or am i missing anything to compliment something else? I already have the SLP CAI

Black
    1998 Pontiac Trans Am

Might want to get new gaskets for those headers. I would also swap out the wires while I am doing the plugs (its only like $80 more)

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I would recommend an adj. panhard bar and lca relocation brackets since you're lowering the car.
    Also, I see you're getting a !cags and a 180 stat. The !cags makes me think you don't have a tuner in which case you can't adjust the fans so the 180 stat which you really should do when going to a cooler stat.

blue
    2000 SS

I thought 2000 and later cars came with the 180 tstat. Could be wrong its happened before and will happen again.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    Eiback lowering springs (should i go with 1.5 and 1.3 in the rear or 1.7 and 1.8 in the rear)

do not lower your car unless you're putting it on Koni shocks. Furthermore, do not lower your car w/a progressive spring like Eibach. Look to Strano for all your suspension needs.

Red
    2001 ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I would recommend an adj. panhard bar and lca relocation brackets since you're lowering the car.
    Also, I see you're getting a !cags and a 180 stat. The !cags makes me think you don't have a tuner in which case you can't adjust the fans so the 180 stat which you really should do when going to a cooler stat.
    ya im getting a dyno tune after all the work is done. I bought the CAGS a while back and just havent got around to putting it in. So your saying to adjust the fans after the stat is put in? Also what would be a good brand for the panhard bar and lca brackets. I want quality before cost. Thanks for the input

Red
    2001 ws6

Whats the diffrence in the NGK TR55-lX plugs and the NGK TR55? Anyone have any recomendations for the wires as well?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

ya im getting a dyno tune after all the work is done. I bought the CAGS a while back and just havent got around to putting it in. So your saying to adjust the fans after the stat is put in? Also what would be a good brand for the panhard bar and lca brackets. I want quality before cost. Thanks for the input
    spohn or BMR both make good high quality pieces. I personally run mostly UMI stuff with some bmr stuff mixed in. All the UMI pieces I have look extremely good and are cheaper. I don't have any Spohn stuff and can't really comment on them so maybe someone that does will chime in. I *think* BMR is the only one to offer bolt in lca brackets but I could be wrong on that. Seems like I saw some UMI bolt in brackets recently.
    Yes, if you put a cooler stat in adjust the fans down to take advantage of it.
    Whats the diffrence in the NGK TR55-lX plugs and the NGK TR55? Anyone have any recomendations for the wires as well?
    the IX plugs are iridium plugs where as the tr55's aren't.

Red
    2001 ws6

spohn or BMR both make good high quality pieces. I personally run mostly UMI stuff with some bmr stuff mixed in. All the UMI pieces I have look extremely good and are cheaper. I don't have any Spohn stuff and can't really comment on them so maybe someone that does will chime in. I *think* BMR is the only one to offer bolt in lca brackets but I could be wrong on that. Seems like I saw some UMI bolt in brackets recently.

thanks man, are the iridiums worth 27 bucks for 4 as opposed to 9 bucks for the regular TR55's? Whats a good brand wire to run also?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I run the regular tr55's in mine and haven't had any issues with them. I run MSD wires which is a popular wire. I think my next plug change I'm going to give autolite's a try. I hear tons of good stuff about those plugs.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

thanks man, are the iridiums worth 27 bucks for 4 as opposed to 9 bucks for the regular TR55's? Whats a good brand wire to run also?
    I run the regular tr55's in mine and haven't had any issues with them. I run MSD wires which is a popular wire. I think my next plug change I'm going to give autolite's a try. I hear tons of good stuff about those plugs.
    there's always weapon Xs

blue
    83 mustang 347

yes, you are missing the hooker.... always get a hooker

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

Sounds like you got a good mod list going.

If you want quality before cost I would go with the UMI boxed 2pt weld-in SFCs cause they 'll be stronger and you wont have to worry about any bolts coming loose.

I have them on my car and I felt a big difference with them.

Also like Orion said make sure you get LCA relocation brackets since you're lowering it; UMI makes a bolt in set. Maybe even consider getting new LCA's while you're at it. I have UMI non-adjustables only cause they were cheap. Look into their adjustable ones.

Id recommend doing shocks and springs at the same time too. Koni's and Strano springs are what I'm gonna go with.

Last thing. You can buy MSD wires and the NGK-TR55s together as a package deal on LS1tech or on WS6store.

In fact you can find all these mods at http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...13bcd70c0f510c.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

so does KY Speed and Summit ( sponsors)

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

so does KY Speed and Summit ( sponsors)
    oops.

I didnt even notice that ws6store wasnt a sponsor here. I know they have us listed on their site.

In that case yeah go with KY Speed or Summit

Red
    2001 ws6

ya it says ws6store.com sponsors us

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

My preference is with spohn myself. Great pricing customer service and products. Though spohn does not have weld in LCA brackets.

Trans Am owner
    former

So heres my list come spring time but i want to order everything and make sure its all there when i go to install it. Is there anything i should get to compiment something else? Any gaskets, bump stops, etc.

ARH headers 1 3/4
    SLP exhaust with a magnaflow bullet muffler in its place
    UMI 2 point Bolt-in SFC's
    NGK TR55-IX spark plugs
    180 degree thermostat
    Afterthoughts auto corsa clone tips
    SLP CAGS eliminator

anything im missing that will make this easier or am i missing anything to compliment something else? I already have the SLP CAI

I would go with a 160 thermostat. I have one, and had my fans retuned. now, my car gets up to 160 quickly, but never goes over 170. keeps the motor cool....better for power

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

LS1s like a lil more heat 180 is good

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

You not Italian at all!!! flag on the garage door is amazing. Haven't touched my thermostat. any other engine i would change it out. well see, if it were me, i would bypass the throttle body before i change the thermostat, but thats just me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information