Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

white
    2001 trans am

allways gettin screwed over

So my lease is up on Sep 30th at my current apartment. And im moving into my new apartment on the 26th. So i went to tell my current leasing office that i wouldnt be renewing my lease yesterday. They pull out a 30 day notice form and cross out 30 days and put 11. then they write that i have untill the 30th at midnight to be out. and then the leaseing agent signs it. (i have a copy). Well i get a call this morning from the leaseing office saying im gonna have to pay rent untill october 18th for not giving them a 30 days notice. Now ever place i have ever lived, once your lease is up thats it, your just moved out before than. So now they are saying im gonna owe them $1200 for the 18 days in october. I took the paper they gave me yesterday down to the leasing office that they crossed out 30 days and wrote 11 and wrote i had to be out by september 30th at midnight. And they acted like that didnt matter. So yea this is bullshit. i guess this is what 2 tours in iraq and serving your country gets you. just tryin to move your family to a better place to live and you get fucked over. i'm thinking about going to base legal with the paper they signed yesterday but i dont know if it will do any good.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by GhostTransws6AM View Post
    So my lease is up on Sep 30th at my current apartment. And im moving into my new apartment on the 26th. So i went to tell my current leasing office that i wouldnt be renewing my lease yesterday. They pull out a 30 day notice form and cross out 30 days and put 11. then they write that i have untill the 30th at midnight to be out. and then the leaseing agent signs it. (i have a copy). Well i get a call this morning from the leaseing office saying im gonna have to pay rent untill october 18th for not giving them a 30 days notice. Now ever place i have ever lived, once your lease is up thats it, your just moved out before than. So now they are saying im gonna owe them $1200 for the 18 days in october. I took the paper they gave me yesterday down to the leasing office that they crossed out 30 days and wrote 11 and wrote i had to be out by september 30th at midnight. And they acted like that didnt matter. So yea this is bullshit. i guess this is what 2 tours in iraq and serving your country gets you. just tryin to move your family to a better place to live and you get fucked over. i'm thinking about going to base legal with the paper they signed yesterday but i dont know if it will do any good.
    Had they not crossed out 30 and put 11, you may not be able to do anything if they require 30 days notice. But, since they did and said you were to be out by the 18th, then I don't think they can charge you the difference. Even if the employee was not aware he or she didn't have the didn't have the right to do so, they still did.

Now, they can still make a case out of it and it could end up on your credit if you don't pay it. So, I would take it to base legal just to see what they say about it.

Good luck and thank you for your service.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Does your written lease include an automatic renewal clause? Meaning that if you do not give notice 30 days before it is up that the lease then renews either on a month-to-month basis, or for another one year period?

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Sublet ftw.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Sublet ftw.
    I was thinking that, but unless the person takes on the rest of the year for the lease, it will be very hard to find a person to sublease for 18 days

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Plus most leases preclude subletting, or require written permission of the landlord in order to do so. In the event there are other open units, the landlord would rather fill them and maintain the existing lease in order to maximize rental profits. Tough situation. Request a meeting with the building manager, landlord, etc... Can't hurt at this point.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Sublet ftw.
    Sorry, but buying/owning a house FTW!

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Sorry, but buying/owning a house FTW!
    Maybe if you find responsibilities cool...

btw, 1200 dollars a month in my town would land you a 3 bedroom 3 bath, huge ass house with a full lawn, etc.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

white
    2001 trans am

my lease was gonna out renew after the 24th for month to month. So i thought i just had to let them know by the 24th. I have seriously never had to give 30 days notice if the lease was about to be up. i can see if your breaking a lease and leaving in the middle of the lease but my damn lease is up. im gonna take the paper they crossed out 30 and put 11 on to base legal tomorrow and see what they say. They said if they rent it out by the 18th i wouldnt have to payanything after it was rented. but they will probley try to fuck me over on it sence iv been down there bitchin at them.

white
    2001 trans am

btw, 1200 dollars a month in my town would land you a 3 bedroom 3 bath, huge ass house with a full lawn, etc.
    my rent at my current appt is $1935 a month the $1200 is pro rated for the 1st to the 18th

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Yeah, CA is not for those that like a bargain

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by kahanareef View Post
    yeah, ca is not for those that like common sense and honest politicians
    fixed!

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

my lease was gonna out renew after the 24th for month to month. So i thought i just had to let them know by the 24th. I have seriously never had to give 30 days notice if the lease was about to be up. i can see if your breaking a lease and leaving in the middle of the lease but my damn lease is up. im gonna take the paper they crossed out 30 and put 11 on to base legal tomorrow and see what they say. They said if they rent it out by the 18th i wouldnt have to payanything after it was rented. but they will probley try to fuck me over on it sence iv been down there bitchin at them.
    Month to month... You're gonna have to pay it. At least they are giving you a break if they rent it out.

30 day notice for a month to month is pretty standard.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

fixed!
    You'll be hard pressed to find an honest politician anywhere.

If anything I like CA better in that respect just cause its Arnold

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

fixed!
    That too... But, like I keep pointing out, not all of us are batty

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

No offense, but moving your family to a better place to live. You're in a 2grand a month place in CALIFORNIA. So unless your moving to some island of naked chicks I only see lateral movement.

white
    2001 trans am

no i wasnt doing month to month i was on a 12 month lease. if i didnt sign another lease with them by the 24th it was gonna go to month to month. and its not my choice to be in CA, im marine, id much rather be in ohio. lol

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

no i wasnt doing month to month i was on a 12 month lease. if i didnt sign another lease with them by the 24th it was gonna go to month to month. and its not my choice to be in CA, im marine, id much rather be in ohio. lol
    Ah... Well, I'd still check and see if you can get out of it then. You may be able to.

And, that's how I ended up here. My Dad was a Marine (was from NY). Met my Mom out here and that was that.

Bone it like you own it FORD RECOVERY EXPERT's Avatar

Black / Stryker Blue
    2K WS.6/ 2K9 G8GT

Get your C.O. to tell them you are being xfer'd to another state.... They can't penalize you then...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information