Thread: Alley/snow

Blue

Alley/snow

So my garage/driveway comes out of an alley that is used very often,we got 30 inches of snow and they plowed it with a backhoe once and now there is prolly about 6-8 inches there,i called the boro and asked if they could come out and make 1 more plow threw there,they said we will try,which means prolly not. Whats the next step??? Police? local newspaper? Peope get stuck tehre and ive had to help push them out,getting kinda old and tired of lazy boro workers.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by tornado View Post
    So my garage/driveway comes out of an alley that is used very often,we got 30 inches of snow and they plowed it with a backhoe once and now there is prolly about 6-8 inches there,i called the boro and asked if they could come out and make 1 more plow threw there,they said we will try,which means prolly not. Whats the next step??? Police? local newspaper? Peope get stuck tehre and ive had to help push them out,getting kinda old and tired of lazy boro workers.
    philly area??? i'd ask the boro to send you a purchase order to hire a private contractor to have it done since they are "so busy"...

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by tornado View Post
    Shovel?

You can't possibly expect them to be there at your beck and call for a situation that rarely happens. Suck it up and shovel yourself out. Get up a few hours before you have to work, put on some warm clothes and get to work. Been there, done that.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    Shovel?

You can't possibly expect them to be there at your beck and call for a situation that rarely happens. Suck it up and shovel yourself out. Get up a few hours before you have to work, put on some warm clothes and get to work. Been there, done that.

why should he be forced to do a job that the boro is paid to do with his tax money???

White
    '10 ZR1

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    why should he be forced to do a job that the boro is paid to do with his tax money???
    Do you agree that this is a unique situation this year with the snowfall you guys have gotten this year? By my estimation, it might even be a record year for snowfall. Does your area have the resources, people and equipment to respond to every single bitch/complaint/request? Do you guys think he's the first person to call in?

If the answer to these questions are 'no' - then I say, shovel it yourself and pitch in to help.

Blue

Yea really,i shovel my 25 foot driveway,thats enough for me,if that alley were my property all teh snow would be gone

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Get a larger vehicle if you live in an area where this weather occurs often and isn't reliably taken care of.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Do you agree that this is a unique situation this year with the snowfall you guys have gotten this year? By my estimation, it might even be a record year for snowfall. Does your area have the resources, people and equipment to respond to every single bitch/complaint/request? Do you guys think he's the first person to call in?

If the answer to these questions are 'no' - then I say, shovel it yourself and pitch in to help.
    fuck no... i pay my god damn taxes and i expect shit like this to be taken care of... yes they have the resources to clean it... and hell fucking no will i chip in... if the IRS is over burdened will you go in ot their office and lend a hand??? of course he isn't the first person to call in to them... their lax responce was pathetic... they have dispatchers who can tell him "if we stay on our current route we should be out to your place on (what ever date spread) and untill then (gives some advice on how to go on with daily routines)...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Get a larger vehicle if you live in an area where this weather occurs often and isn't reliably taken care of.
    record snow fall of over 70" this year...

White
    '10 ZR1

if the IRS is over burdened will you go in ot their office and lend a hand??? ..
    Huh?

Not one of your better arguements

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Huh?

Not one of your better arguements
    not really but you get the point i hope...

White
    '10 ZR1

not really but you get the point i hope...
    Ya know, yes, I get the point. Hopefully you get mine.

I don't rely on anyone for jack-shit(other than my family) for stuff like this........especially the government......local/state/federal.......

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

record snow fall of over 70" this year...
    o rly it doesn't happen that often? A 'fluke' if you will? Well in that case then I guess OP should realize that
    this is a unique situation this year with the snowfall you guys have gotten this year? By my estimation, it might even be a record year for snowfall. Does your area have the resources, people and equipment to respond to every single bitch/complaint/request? Do you guys think he's the first person to call in?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Ya know, yes, I get the point. Hopefully you get mine.

I don't rely on anyone for jack-shit(other than my family) for stuff like this........especially the government......local/state/federal.......
    i see you point but i'm noing going ot pay some one for a job that i'll be doing...

White
    '10 ZR1

i see you point but i'm noing going ot pay some one for a job that i'll be doing...
    Fair enough - then the boro "gets there when they get there". In the mean time, the OP can keep pushing out people getting stuck, keep bitching about it, and will get nowhere except pissed off.

member since may 2000 nhraformula's Avatar

black
    2000 nhra edition formula

Here in Chicago where we have great snow removal, the alleys are always last and some are not able to be done.
    The problem with alleys is that in some of them you cant fit the equipment needed to get the snow out
    2000 nhra edition formula
    a few bolt ons, 379 rwhp
    11.96 @113.25

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by nhraformula View Post
    Here in Chicago where we have great snow removal, the alleys are always last and some are not able to be done.
    The problem with alleys is that in some of them you cant fit the equipment needed to get the snow out
    Yeah, the single (out of the entire storm, lol) plow I saw down here seem really large and I could think of a few side streets in town that it wouldn't fit down.

I think most of the alleys here in milwaukee are contracted out by the homeowners, or atleast they used to be.

Thread Information