Black
    2001 WS6

Of all the weekends not to have my car!

Ok, guys I have to share this story with you all. At this point I am convinced that I need to either buy my wife a gun or a really strong Taiser.

To paint a quick picture I went out of town (Augusta GA) with my wife and my brother. Wifey has a 05 Tiburon and my brother has a Mirage. No since in driving 3 cars so I left mine (Why on this weekend ) They leave a day early because of work so I am down there with his Mirage.

I went to the river walk to just clear my head and there is a guy there about to beat his girlfriend, (B-male w-female) she has a baby with her and she's screaming asking him to back up away from her and everything. Now there are about 10- 15 people out side most of the guys are like 2 maybe 3 times my size, tell me why NOONE is doing anything to help this girl, not even calling the cops. At this point he is not hitting her but with the yelling and everything going on it looks like only a matter of time. So I am standing about 10 yards from them on the phone with 911 giving them the situation as it stands, we are only 3 blocks from the police station. I give them the make, model and tag of the car and dude on the phone is still asking 50 questions. I'm like "if he hits her you are not going to be talking to me your going to have two guys out here fighting, will you just F----- send someone"! He continues to yell at her (shut the **** up) and closes her in the car and drives off because he sees me on the phone.

I hop in my brothers car and follow them, from a distance cause there is no way I can catch them in this car . Fast-forward 5 miles and he sees me following and punches it. One of the cops finally gets there and I point out the car that is about 1/4 ml ahead. A second car trys to box him in and guide him to the right shoulder. Well when the moves to the middle lane the car with the guy and girl pouches it again and the cops box him in a second time and makes him stop in the left lane. They get him out the car and pat him for weapons and everything. Now Sorry everyone that I don't know what happened after I told the cops what I saw (they asked me to leave and that they had it from there). However that is the meat of the story. For any of you that are cops I don't mean to sound pissed at you cause you all support whole counties but for those people who acted like nothing was going on when this guy looked like he was about to beat the hell out of his girl WITH a baby in her hands at that! Here you go
    Last edited by Promise517; 05-21-2007 at 08:58 AM.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

I feel you. Just like the other day in the news when tht 22 year old beat the old man for the keys to the car. There was like 6-7 people noy even two cars away, and they did nothing. My brother was also pissed. He has a CHL, and said if he had seen this he would have been there for the old man.

Black
    2000 Trans Am WS6

people are selfish.

noone cares about anyone but themseleves, and dont want to risk thier own skin to help someone else..
    also in law school (from my friend) they say that in a situaiton where something is going wrong (ie. fight or someone dying) they say to not get involved and jsut call the cops, which is what you did but if you got in there to do somehting and you hurt the guy you could be sued

Black
    2001 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by sandman22 View Post
    I feel you. Just like the other day in the news when tht 22 year old beat the old man for the keys to the car. There was like 6-7 people noy even two cars away, and they did nothing. My brother was also pissed. He has a CHL, and said if he had seen this he would have been there for the old man.
    Yeah I saw that, that was MAD crazy to just stand there I just don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by derrinx View Post
    people are selfish.

noone cares about anyone but themseleves, and dont want to risk thier own skin to help someone else..
    also in law school (from my friend) they say that in a situaiton where something is going wrong (ie. fight or someone dying) they say to not get involved and jsut call the cops, which is what you did but if you got in there to do somehting and you hurt the guy you could be sued
    Your right and I thought about that too, never know how those things are going to end up once you get physically involoved. (She could defend him or something like that) then I would have ended up in jail for having a good heart.

blue
    83 mustang 347

Quote Originally Posted by Promise517 View Post
    Yeah I saw that, that was MAD crazy to just stand there I just don't get it.

Your right and I thought about that too, never know how those things are going to end up once you get physically involoved. (She could defend him or something like that) then I would have ended up in jail for having a good heart.
    self defence and defence of others are some screwed up laws...

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

shitty situation man...you did fine though-way to try and tail him

people are selfish.

This is true. The problem is compounded by the fact that our legal system is designed to allow this BS to happen. The classical example is when somebody breaks into your home, you assault them, and they come back and sue you for injuries sustained. It's sad, but from a legal perspective you're better positioned to kill an intruder with a shotgun than to bonk them over the head with a pan and call the police. It's the fault of the democrats and the republicans.

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

ok...well how about a situation where nobody has to risk anything just to be a decent person??? When I lost control on the highway and flew down a ditch doing a 180 and into a fence, not 1 person on the highway cared to stop...and there was a good amount of traffic. the only reason why i couldn't counter-steer was out of fear of hitting the people in the lane next to me...go figure.

Thread Information