Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

To all the health guys/gals out there I have a ?

Long story short, use to be in super good health. 2 mile run in 12:10, 61 pushups in 2 min, 72 situps in 2 min with a 12.6 mile ruck march with a 60 lb ruck in 3 hours 1 minute. That was 5 years ago, I know I can get back into that TYPE of shape again. I was looking at the "Tower 200" that Randy Courture (spell?/bad speller) advertises. I know that there is no replacement for a good gym with thousands of exercises but for something that is cheap ($170) and takes up no room (a door) I was wondering what the health buffs think about this piece of work. I am seriously thinking of buying it unless someone has had a massive negitive experience with it.

http://www.thetower200.com/default.aspx?adid=twr9003

Don't want to be a bodybuilder, just better shape for my health.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

IB4T "11 minutes a day" and "Celeb advertising" I know that physical fitness doesn't come easy or cheap, use to beat a Army Ranger/Green Beret in running and a Golden Glove Boxer in running. I just want something that will improve my physical fitness without having to drive a hour to a gym with membership charges. I let my self go, wayyyyyy tooo muchhh

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Alright, so, I've got a fool proof plan for you that should only cost a few grand up front.

First off, you'd need to buy a plane ticket to Frankfurt, and, after you got here, I will hook you up with a good black-market Czech plastic surgeon who will make you look like my body double... Then, every morning at 6:30 you can take my place at PT, and before too long, you'll be back in the shape you always used to be! Its win-win, I get more sleep, and you get the extra bit of Hooha back in your routine!

blue
    1998 camaro z28

2min push ups like non air force folk we only get 60secs for 55push ups

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I knew I would get these types of responses I guess I could always do pushups/situps at home and not spend shit. Could be like the old Army shit but I'm not looking for that, something a little more fun. Wish someone like Packy would answer since he has a bit more experience......well more then anyone I am currently in touch with. I don't want to talk shit, because I am in horrible shape at this current time but as the original post was....... I was putting massive distance on Special Forces in the cardo aspect (not muscle mass/ etc..) Can someone.............thats not cocky..........that doesn't think they are gods gift to women..........answer my question

CLIFF NOTES: I am in horrible shape at this time. I know I can get into great shape. Looking for a good/semi affordable (spell?) workout that will help me.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

EDIT: I don't want to use any chemicals (natural or sythentic) Not looking for a bodybuilder body. Just want to get into better shape.

IB4T: If you get off your ass you will be in better shape. I know a couple of guys that when the day light comes will chime in and help.I already have a decent diet, not the best by far, but not horrible. I'm not trying to go that in depth

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Honestly dude, all I can say is do tons of cardio man... Thats always a good start and foundation for working up to other things.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    Honestly dude, all I can say is do tons of cardio man... Thats always a good start and foundation for working up to other things.
    I know by doing cardio it ups your metabolism but I'm 5'10" and 160lbs so I'm good there. Would cardio help my heart/lungs/etc... YES IT WOULD. At this time, I'm just looking for a good work out program that doesn't involve me running at this point in time. It just snowed yesterday, so I'm good with running. I just want to do something thats indoors that will help me out. I don't want dumbells everywhere. So my original question is, Does anyone have any experience with this type of machinary (spell?) I walk (which is low impact/non intense training) about 4 miles a day/5 days a week for work. I'm not fat, I just want to tone up and get into a little better shape. I appreciate all the responses

White
    02 WS6

LOL...Ok...so you didn't give the IB4T: doing anything is better than nothing! LOL.

I think you're talking about that rubber-band contraption that attaches to the door. To me, I doubt very seriously that Randy actually uses that thing. One of those, "a celebrity will endorse anything for money" type things. However, if it's built even remotely decent, working with the rubber-bands will be better than nothing, and me even provide limited results over time...it will just be a longer time than actually working out at a gym.

JMHO,
    dale

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

Alright, last response from me there...

I took a look at that... yea, it would work well enough, but like you said, 11 minutes a day is bullshit. Its kinda funny, my section sergeant does MMA, and one day for PT down to the gym and we used a similar setup to that. Keep up a variety of different exercises and you can wear yourself out pretty good in 30 minutes or so. Hell, we only did it once, so I can't tell you what the results actually are, but it left me feeling easily as sore as the standard army BS PT we always do.

BLACK
    2001 WS-6

P90X will work the shit out of you,but you got to stick to it. im in the Marines and we have tons of people doing that program.

artic white
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

Yeah my team has been doing P90X for the last month or so and I like it for the most part. I also do 50 min of Cardio eveyday. I try to mix it up with running bikeing and the row machine so it dosent get to boring. Not that being deployed to the PI is boring or anything. LOL
    Last edited by krusemj; 10-11-2009 at 07:05 AM.
    “The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.”
    Thomas Jefferson

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Join a gym.

There are always lots of hot chicks there.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Simple compound movements you can always do at home. pushups, pullups, situps, get a few dumbbells and do lunges/squats. and drop the alcohol intake down.

That device.... As long as it provides resistance and forces you to work progressively harder and get stronger, and you use good form, itll work..... Till you get too strong for the device. inotherwords i would think you can outgrow it fairly easily. But for cheap home use, yes itll help. Its not gonna single handedly match a gym.

The p90x system is good for military guys that wanna be in shape but dont need maximum size and strength. You will NOT get big with that system.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Yea what stanger said I bought those "perfect push-ups" rotating stands and have had good results so far...doing various positions gives you a good workout. They were only like $20...my door frame pull-up bar was less than $40.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Yea what stanger said I bought those "perfect push-ups" rotating stands and have had good results so far...doing various positions gives you a good workout. They were only like $20...my door frame pull-up bar was less than $40.
    the perfect pushup is the best "cheap" workout device on the market. A pushup is a great exercise and the perfect pushup makes the exercise better because the handles rotate and allow your chest and tri's to get a better stretch on the negative. Tons of variations with them. I own them and im using them today matter of fact lol any of the ab stuff you see on tv is worthless.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Thanks for the responses. I'm still up in the air on whether or not I'm going to buy this. If I did buy this thing, 11 minutes is I would do 30 min or more

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Thanks for the responses. I'm still up in the air on whether or not I'm going to buy this. If I did buy this thing, 11 minutes is I would do 30 min or more
    Spend the 11 minutes

Better workout.........much funner........and cheaper....usually

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    Spend the 11 minutes

Better workout.........much funner........and cheaper....usually
    haha most sex costs over 100 bucks at least lmao

2006 GTO

I have known a lot of people that have gone with the p90x or whatever it is.. they all seem to have results.. Go with that and a better diet and you will see amazing results fast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information