Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Talking The Aint's and "Bounty Gate"

What is your take on this?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

My take is that they are just the team that got caught.....

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

Would your supposed milf agree?

98 Formula
    06 duramax

yep....they all do it. Just don't get caught. I'm dying to know who the snitch is. I'm more disappointed they can't seem to get a deal done with the most important player in the history of the team. Although said player is trying to financially cripple them.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Think its bullshit but I do agree that there are more teams out there then them. I doubt all teams do it (Don't assume, it makes an ass out of you and me ) Sports these days are a joke. Haven't watched NBA since Jordan retired, haven't watched Baseball since the strike, and depending on NFL.....the years may be limited

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Think its bullshit but I do agree that there are more teams out there then them. I doubt all teams do it (Don't assume, it makes an ass out of you and me ) Sports these days are a joke. Haven't watched NBA since Jordan retired, haven't watched Baseball since the strike, and depending on NFL.....the years may be limited
    yeah sorry.....you don't need anymore help with that.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

"You and me" it goes both ways

2010 Tahoe Z71
    2012 Cadillac CTS-V

"Everyone does it" is not an excuse. Just like the Patriots and "Spy Gate", they did something they knew was against the rules. They knew what they were doing, and they knew they'd have problems if they got caught. You don't get out of a speeding ticket because someone else was speeding somewhere that day...you don't go free after being caught possessing cocaine because someone else somewhere has cocaine...etc. They broke the rules, got caught, now they must endure the punishment.

Pretty simple, really. I am, however, very interested to see what Goodell hands down on this one. It could be monumental considering the timing.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

^ I agree! Sick of seeing these Pro athletes act like Fucktards and get paid the amount of money they do

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I think people are hearing one thing and running with it. This is more to do about incentive pay for fumble/interception recovery than it is about injuries. If you'll remember the saints led the league in forced turnovers in 09. That's what this is about more than anything else. I don't have the stats but I've watched every game in that 3 year span and their personal foul penalties are few and far between. Sure they hit hard and get some penalties but so do all defenses(see James Harrison).....it's the game of football......that used to be the point. There was 1 hit on Farve that I would consider a cheap shot.....the hit on Warner was a perfectly legal hit. He threw a pick and was trying to set himself up to make the tackle.....it's coached from pee wee league on up that when that happens you knock the shit out of the QB. This is more of an incentive gate than a bounty gate. Even so....if it's a legal hit (and the overwhelming majority were) I don't give a shit if they have a kitty in the locker room. No different than a buckeye leaf on Ohio State's helmet or tomohawks on helmets in Florida.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I understand what you are saying 0rion but the article I read (There are probably hundreds) made it seem to me that it was more about injuries then turnovers. Turnovers I have no problem with one bit.

Either way, none of us with ever know the full 100% truth.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

at the end of the day it doesn't really matter to me.......the game has become so soft that it's losing a lot of it's appeal to me. I still watch it religiously......I just spend most of the time bitching about flags. At the end of the day what they did was against the rules and they got caught......time to pay the piper. I'm dying to know who the snitch was though......that guy will be hated in every locker room he ever plays in from here on out.
    If you want to read a good book about bounty football....check out "they call me assassin" by jack tatum. That guy was a bad ass.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

sAINTs organization gets used as a poster child by the NFL for this little episode.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Nobody likes a NARC

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post

Would your supposed milf agree?
    I have already addressed this in the other thread homeslice.....

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    at the end of the day it doesn't really matter to me.......the game has become so soft that it's losing a lot of it's appeal to me. I still watch it religiously......I just spend most of the time bitching about flags. At the end of the day what they did was against the rules and they got caught......time to pay the piper. I'm dying to know who the snitch was though......that guy will be hated in every locker room he ever plays in from here on out.
    If you want to read a good book about bounty football....check out "they call me assassin" by jack tatum. That guy was a bad ass.
    +1 I agree 100%

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Payton suspended for 1 year, Loomis for 8 games, Williams indefinitely, $500k fine, and 2 2nd round picks. Even if this wasn't my team I would still think that's excessive. We'll be fine though.....they ran fine without Payton last year. We might not be as good as last year but I don't think that was going to happen anyhow. Oh well.....just further proof of how gentle the league is becoming.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

anyone know where I can send the NFL home office some maxi pads?!?

I am no fan of sAints but that was way to excessive.....just a little, how many games did Vick get suspended for? I don't count time in jail because he wasn't able to play. But damn a more barbaric act and he gets a slap on the wrist. Players playing contact football and get butt raped.

Hell even the Pats get caught cheating and still a light slap.

White
    '10 ZR1

I think everything was appropriate except stripping the draft picks.

We all seen how good the Aint's were when Payton wasn't on the sideline. Without a doubt, he's a good coach, and it's going to hurt the team quite a fair bit.

Mr. Williams, that's what you get for 10 years of leading programs like this, and getting caught.

Edit: So, is Payton suspended for the year? Or is his pay suspended for the year without pay, and he's still coaching? Sounds like his pay is suspended for sure.
    Last edited by FasstChevys; 03-21-2012 at 12:18 PM.

red
    95 Z28

Exccccceeeellleeeeent

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information