Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Talking African American Activists/Leader appreciation thread

I have brought up MLK on here alot in the past and you guys have shown him respect. My question is what other black activists do you respect other than king and why?
    I ask because i would like a different perspective since i know most of the posters here are not african american and I would like your opinions. Serious Question BTW
    Last edited by Murder after Midnight; 12-16-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Today there is a fine line between community activist and race baiter for profit. I think King would be ashamed of some of the "community leaders" the black communities have today.

In my own community though Sheriff Clarke is a guy I like. It is not just his stance on firearms and personal protection that make me like him but it sure doesn't hurt lol. It is his logical factual responses to community issues. In today's age where so many discussions are based around emotion with often illogical solutions dicussed he seems to be a constant voice of reason.

"There is no Democrat or Republican way to be a sheriff. The enemy is not the opposing party; the enemy is the criminal." Sheriff Clarke

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    Today there is a fine line between community activist and race baiter for profit. I think King would be ashamed of some of the "community leaders" the black communities have today.

In my own community though Sheriff Clarke is a guy I like. It is not just his stance on firearms and personal protection that make me like him but it sure doesn't hurt lol. It is his logical factual responses to community issues. In today's age where so many discussions are based around emotion with often illogical solutions dicussed he seems to be a constant voice of reason.

"There is no Democrat or Republican way to be a sheriff. The enemy is not the opposing party; the enemy is the criminal." Sheriff Clarke
    When you say king would be ashamed of some of these so called community leaders............I agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion
    I tried reading that article but it had too many words.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Sheriff Clarke and Dr Ben Carson Both I like and would like to see more of them to learn more about them. Seem to be grounded in common sense and like John stated.

I have to say very few role models in today's society, no matter what race.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post
    When you say king would be ashamed of some of these so called community leaders............I agree.
    I personally think King would knock the living hell out of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and he was and I quote "non violent". I think those 2 individuals have done nothing but use the african american community to make money and build an empire with a constant revenue stream.

With that said, one of the only african american leaders I can point to right now that I can say has made it a focus to drop crime rates in the african american community and help the community defend themselves against the #1 killer of young black males is this guy...

Black Sheriff SLAMS Al Sharpton, DESTROYS Ferguson Race Rioters (VIDEO) - The Political Insider

Sheriff David Clarke calls guns 'great equalizer' in new radio ad
    2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Sheriff Clarke and Dr Ben Carson Both I like and would like to see more of them to learn more about them. Seem to be grounded in common sense and like John stated.

Quote Originally Posted by theorangeguy View Post
    I personally think King would knock the living hell out of Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson and he was and I quote "non violent". I think those 2 individuals have done nothing but use the african american community to make money and build an empire with a constant revenue stream.

With that said, one of the only african american leaders I can point to right now that I can say has made it a focus to drop crime rates in the african american community and help the community defend themselves against the #1 killer of young black males is this guy...

Black Sheriff SLAMS Al Sharpton, DESTROYS Ferguson Race Rioters (VIDEO) - The Political Insider

What other ones do you guys like from kings era?

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by Murder after Midnight View Post

What other ones do you guys like from kings era?
    Medgar Evers and James Farmer for sure.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Medgar Evers and James Farmer for sure.
    Those are quality picks, much respect man

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Each and every single plaintiff, or wronged party, in the major civil rights cases... Rosa Parks for one.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

+1

98 Formula
    06 duramax

my serious question would be when are we just going to have Americans instead of these labels that separate people based on ethnicity?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    my serious question would be when are we just going to have Americans instead of these labels that separate people based on ethnicity?
    So much truth to this....
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

red
    95 Z28

All that rape stuff aside (which is looking more and more like it could be true to an extent), Bill Cosby has always thrown some valid truths around concerning the black community and race relations in general.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Morgan Freeman...

Black/ Silver
    98 TA WS6/ 01 C5 Corvette

Obama....
    1998 Trans Am WS6 - Phantom
    421 CI LQ9, Tick Performance Custom Cam, TFS 255cc LS3 heads, Kooks 2" LT headers, Kooks 3" True Duals w/ high flow cats, FTP 104 lid, Speed Density Tune, 4" silicon tube, LS6 VCT, FAST 102 Intake, NW 102 TB, Oil Catch Can, SLP Bilstein Shocks w/ Vogtland Springs, CTS-V 4-piston Calipers w/C6 Z06 rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, R1 concepts premium rotors, Hawk HP+ brake pads, VFN WSQ Hood, C5-R timing chain, SLP oil pump, E85 tune, Walbro 450 fuel pump, Deatschwerkz 95# injectors, Breathless performance headlights, Frost Tune, !HVAC.
    (Coming Soon) BMR DSL, UMI TQ Arm
    421 LQ9 14.8:1 on E85 Build/

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    Morgan Freeman...
    He really does have some pretty epic speeches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 98TransAmWs-6 View Post
    Obama....opcorn:
    here we go...

Arctic White, red/gray

When everybody has the same color skin and we all "look" the same. It is deeply engrained in our nature to notice these difference right from the start. They may not be negative thoughts regarding the other races but the differences are seen none the less.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 12-17-2014 at 05:25 AM.

White
    '10 ZR1

You beat me to it. If you're born on American soil, you are an American. I look forward to the day we can all just simply call each other Americans.

I, for one, have never been called a French-German American.

'89 Turbo Trans Am Pace Car (Mom's car now)

'68 Camaro - 572 coming soon

'67 Nova - 406 SBC, PG

'10 ZR1

Arctic White, red/gray

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    You beat me to it. If you're born on American soil, you are an American. I look forward to the day we can all just simply call each other Americans.

I, for one, have never been called a French-German American.

Cause you are white lol. Apples to oranges comparison.

Black / White

Cause you are white lol. Apples to oranges comparison.
    how...? The only difference between a black person and white person is skin color and neither one of us are originally from this country so I could go around calling myself an Irish-Italian-American all day long if I wanted to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information