Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    2002 WS6

advice on handling a friend issue

My wife and I do real estate on the side. I found my best friend a house. Then, I pulled some strings at the bank to get him qualified. I also, offered to kick in a 64in flat screen as a housewarming gift. I gave hours of financial advice. I was told they wanted to wait. They then went behing my back and bought the house from the seller's agent(which should never be done). These dumbasses actually paid more money. We're talking an 8g commission. What would you do?

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Tell him he is a dumbass.

Buy me a 52" TV, and tell him he owes you beer.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by RealLiveMD View Post
    My wife and I do real estate on the side. I found my best friend a house. Then, I pulled some strings at the bank to get him qualified. I also, offered to kick in a 64in flat screen as a housewarming gift. I gave hours of financial advice. I was told they wanted to wait. They then went behing my back and bought the house from the seller's agent(which should never be done). These dumbasses actually paid more money. We're talking an 8g commission. What would you do?
    go with your friend to the electronics store and buy 8k worth of shit. Let him see what 8 grand looks like.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

There has to be more to it...i'd talk to the guy. Also it sounds like he's your bestfriend but you might not be his...know what I mean?

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

Hey "Buddy!"

Welcome to the world of working with the public. Never do business with friends or family, EVER. Somebody always gets fucked.

Black
    2002 WS6

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    There has to be more to it...i'd talk to the guy. Also it sounds like he's your bestfriend but you might not be his...know what I mean?
    Yea, I know exactly. Money seems to make people act funny. I'm not rich by a long shot....but, I do alright. Every since I started making a little, he's acted funny. When the shoe was on the other foot, things were different. It's not so much the money as it is I feel slapped in the face. A stranger would not have done this. Hell, if it wasn't for me pulling favors with my banker, they would have never qualified for the loan.

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

I recommend getting a new best friend...maybe one with benefits.

burn the house down

Nothing special
    Nothing special

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Never do business with friends or family, EVER. Somebody always gets fucked.
    This is the best way to go.

Not knowing how much history you have with this dumbass, it's a bit hard to really offer advice as to how to handle him.

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

I don't think I agree with you fellas who don't ever do business with your friends and family.

Now I'm not saying bend over backwards and let yourself get reamed over, but a real man takes care of his flesh and blood and friends first. At least, the ones who deserve your help.

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    I don't think I agree with you fellas who don't ever do business with your friends and family.

Now I'm not saying bend over backwards and let yourself get reamed over, but a real man takes care of his flesh and blood and friends first. At least, the ones who deserve your help.
    I still don't think it is a good idea. I would never hire any of my friends, because it will most likely cost you a friendship.

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

Quote Originally Posted by Nhra Firebird View Post
    I still don't think it is a good idea. I would never hire any of my friends, because it will most likely cost you a friendship.
    Okay, good point.

Employeeing someone is about as big of a favor as you can bestow, and rife with pitfalls.

However- I'd happily recommend, refer, b.s. on a resume, or otherwise aid a deserving friend or family member in getting a job.

If you have a friend or family member who can't get hired anywhere but for your company, odds are they are not worthy of your generosity.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Hey "Buddy!"

Welcome to the world of working with the public. Never do business with friends or family, EVER. Somebody always gets fucked.
    Words to live by

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

What a dumbass. Thats some bullshit right there. Definitely confront him on it.

Black
    2002 WS6

What ever happened to good old fashioned friends. Honestly, I would stick my neck out to help my friends. I wouldn't rent to one though. I have very few people that I can actually trust. It seems as if everyone is out to get you or backstab you in some way. What happened to friends meaning respecting each other and having each other's best interest at heart. Hell, I've met tons of guys that I seem to get along with until I outrun them. Then, I don't hear from them again. It's like taking your basketball and going home when you lose the game. Childish B.S.

Awaiting Activation

Pewter Metallic
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6 D1SC

What ever happened to good old fashioned friends. Honestly, I would stick my neck out to help my friends. I wouldn't rent to one though. I have very few people that I can actually trust. It seems as if everyone is out to get you or backstab you in some way. What happened to friends meaning respecting each other and having each other's best interest at heart. Hell, I've met tons of guys that I seem to get along with until I outrun them. Then, I don't hear from them again. It's like taking your basketball and going home when you lose the game. Childish B.S.
    I hear ya.

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

I blame the media. Dramatic movies with so many plot twists one loses track of what's going on, and the Lifetime Network for Women (other than the ones with common sense, like KahanaReef and every woman I've ever had a relationship with).
    Last edited by Kennedy; 10-01-2008 at 07:16 PM. Reason: sexism

comfront him first, them you can go from them, facts first and then beat his face in

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Kennedy View Post
    I blame the media. Dramatic movies with so many plot twists one loses track of what's going on, and the Lifetime Network for Women.

Kamen Blue
    05 Segueway

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I, uh, edited my original post so as not to offend you of the fairer sex

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information