Ok, so yesterday i went to Advance and ordered an altenator and a belt for my vette. They have to have both shipped from the warehouse for me to pick them up today.

Today:

Went to Advance to pick up my shit and to turn in my old alt.

The guy goes to the back and floops down the alt and the belt. As i'm looking at them i notice the belt is wrong. The one i took off is ribbed on both sides and this one wasn't.

He looked it up in his computer and guess what? The fuckstick ordered me a belt for a ZR-1.

Now, that would seem kind of "haha funny" but wait....the reason the guy ordered me a ZR-1 one was because it's the only belt available. They do not carry the belt for a regular LT1 vette, just the LT5 one.

I explaned to him that:

1992 LT1 Corvette = About 20k on the road.
1992 LT5 Corvette = About 3k on the road.

Seems i know which one i would have in stock, but then i'm wouldn't want to throw down some common sense on the autopart industry.

Leaving there i figure the Chevy dealer can get them. Sure, i mean, the Chevy dealer is the Chevy dealer.

Oh they have them alright.......all $72 bucks worth of belt. I told them to go fuck themselves. The chick working at the counter said "Hold on, that is expensive, let me call NAPA for you."

I thought, wow, this is good.

She tells me that not only does NAPA carry them, but they have them in stock.

Fucking tits.

I then go across town to NAPA. Walk inside and request my belt. The sales guy goes into his computer and finds the belt and runs to go get it.

I'm thinking, damn, this is a good day.

Wrong.

Flapjack comes back and floops the belt onto the counter where i look and see it's only ribbed on one side.

Well fuck a cat.

His computer tells him that is the only belt available for my car. Luckly i didn't cut the old belt to get if off so it is back on the car. It's not in bad shape i just figured i'd try to kill two birds with one stone.

All the parts went back on and i tested everything. Redlined it in the driveway a few times to see if the belt was going to fly off but it didn't so "yay" is the word.