Adam Sorokin - Only Son Of The Surfers

The story of Adam Sorokin, the only son of the legendary Surfers Top Fuel teamNow it was Adam's turn to start over at 18. Like his mom, he had family around to prop him up, but he also had an ace in the hole: "(Surfer) Tom Jobe has been in my life as long as I can remember. But it was around 1997, when The Surfers went into the Hall of Fame, that we became close. At first, he wasn't too keen on me driving because of the danger and all that. But one day we were talking on the phone and he said, 'Well, I've tried to talk you out of this driving deal for a while now and I can see I'm not getting anywhere, so I guess it's just time to cheer you on.' That was a great day. From then on, he opened up more and more to me on different stuff. Some of it wasn't even driving or racing stuff-it was stuff like how to be a man, being true to your word, and doing the right thing. Tom is the real deal. Anyway, I didn't quite have my own father around to talk to me about this stuff, but I had guys like Tom, Pat Foster, my grandfather, and others." Young Adam would get no insight from (Surfer) Bob Skinner, however, who had turned off the whole racing deal and never looked back.

Photo Gallery: Adam Sorokin - Legacy of the Surfers Top Fuel Team - Hot Rod Magazine

Photo Gallery: Adam Sorokin - Legacy of the Surfers Top Fuel Team - Hot Rod Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...