Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By robcas47

"Act of Valor" (vid)

This is a discussion on "Act of Valor" (vid) within the Almost Anything Goes forums, part of the Off - Topic / Discussion forums category; ...

blue
    1999 TransAm

"Act of Valor" (vid)

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I cannot wait to see this movie, I have had the privilege of working with some SF units and they are bad ass can never turn down a movie like this.

blue
    1999 TransAm

...yep, ..i may have to temporarily lift my ban on movies just to see this one

...seems though that they may have "dubbed" over the gunfire w/ "hollywood-esque gunfire", ...basically it doesn't sound realistic, ..we were talking about this on another forum... this really sucks especially since they are claiming so much of it is "genuine"..

at least michael mann did it right in the movie "heat"...

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Yea well if you ever see any major movie such as black hawk down, battle LA the cast has been trained by the branch or people they are portraying lol. If you have ever seen in life what Special Forces or Rangers, Navy Seals, Force Recon, Para Rescue. These guys are amazing, with how well they do that damn job. So if they are actually claiming that it is portraying an actual cast of Navy Seals which most likely retired, then it will be very realistic for the most part.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    Yea well if you ever see any major movie such as black hawk down, battle LA the cast has been trained by the branch or people they are portraying lol. If you have ever seen in life what Special Forces or Rangers, Navy Seals, Force Recon, Para Rescue. These guys are amazing, with how well they do that damn job. So if they are actually claiming that it is portraying an actual cast of Navy Seals which most likely retired, then it will be very realistic for the most part.
    yeah, blackhawk down was a good one.. i think for this one they are claiming these guys are "active duty"...

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

I have heard that they are active duty, but if you ever notice any Special Ops soldier on main stream TV or main media stream there faces are blurred out, cause they have to have secret identities doing this job. I believe that these guys are retired Active duty.

blue
    1999 TransAm

yeah, i know what you mean ... you'd think the navy wouldn't let active duty operators do a movie of all things... maybe the producers are "stretching the truth" to hype it up?.. IDK..

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

No they are not really stretching the truth, but they can say they are active duty because at one point in time they were. But when it comes to the military you will never see somebody that is actively serving in a movie!! Especially when it comes to guys like these, since most of the stuff they do is above top secret classification.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Packy on here is a Force Recon Marine if I remember right...those dudes make SEALS look like pussies

Arctic White
    01 TA / 06 Duc 749D

SOF guys in general are Bad Ass. This movie looks to be as good as Blackhawk Down. The weapons sounding real doesnt bother me since it's usually close. Sounds almost the same way as it would if you were wearing earplugs. They never get the mini guns sound right, BlacKhawk Down was the closest I've heard. In case you are wondering the closest sound comparison would be the "jake brake" on an 18 wheeler.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by robcas47 View Post
    SOF guys in general are Bad Ass. This movie looks to be as good as Blackhawk Down. The weapons sounding real doesnt bother me since it's usually close. Sounds almost the same way as it would if you were wearing earplugs. They never get the mini guns sound right, BlacKhawk Down was the closest I've heard. In case you are wondering the closest sound comparison would be the "jake brake" on an 18 wheeler.
    +1, i think our military, in general, is pretty bad ass

i'd be curious to get your take on the movie if you see it...

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Saw a segment about this on the FOX this morning. I'm looking forward to seeing it too

Black
    2000 Trans Am

They are Active Duty SEALs and actually use live ammo in some scenes of the movie.

Actual SEALS: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-ScX2LKYDPI

LIVE AMMO: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=2goj9tiZi68

Sent from Motorola ATRIX 4G on Tapatalk
    Last edited by BadTA00; 02-10-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    2000 T/A-DMH Cutout, SLP Cold Air kit, FTRA/SLP Upgrade, SLP Bilstein, LT1 Eibach ProKit, Kuhmo PA31 Tires ,SLP Fan Switch, UMI Double Adj PHB w/ Roto-Joints, UMI LCARB, Strano 35/22mm Sway Bars , Magnecor KV85 Wires, Hurst Shifter, Lou's Short Stick.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    Packy on here is a Force Recon Marine if I remember right...those dudes make SEALS look like pussies
    He is Force Recon, but Navy seals comprises of Force Recon, Force recon is comparable to the Army Rangers, Special forces and Navy Seals are the two groups the
    Government will neither confirm or deny there existence. If you noticed when Osama Bin Laden was killed it was Navy Seal team 6, there is two different groups the Army Rangers and Force recon is the two groups that can be placed around the world in 24 hours they are a light specialized highly trained group that gets shit fucked up in a larger force. Special forces/Navy seals are small teams that are covert, that can go in get the job done and make it look like the country itself done the job and take all recognition for it, the only time you ever hear about these two forces is when they fail, which is a slim to none chance.

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by robcas47 View Post
    You are completely right about this, every time I watch a military movie I piss people off that goes with me cause I point out the stupid shit that is so far fetched or doesn't even align up with what is reality. The 7.62 Mini that I fired in Iraq, which is a complete bitch to do the head spacing and timing on since it is for every fucking barrel on that bish, never sounded anymore real than Black hawk down. I believe that movie was the most realistic movie military wise I have ever seen, as I have a friend in my unit whose uncle run the Mogadishu mile.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Left the movie with a couple of tears and goosebumps. After it was over the whole audience clapped, not from joy, more of an emotional release and gratitude for those that served.

Well worth seeing.
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 02-25-2012 at 08:37 PM.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by bluehawk2000 View Post
    He is Force Recon, but Navy seals comprises of Force Recon, Force recon is comparable to the Army Rangers, Special forces and Navy Seals are the two groups the
    Government will neither confirm or deny there existence. If you noticed when Osama Bin Laden was killed it was Navy Seal team 6, there is two different groups the Army Rangers and Force recon is the two groups that can be placed around the world in 24 hours they are a light specialized highly trained group that gets shit fucked up in a larger force. Special forces/Navy seals are small teams that are covert, that can go in get the job done and make it look like the country itself done the job and take all recognition for it, the only time you ever hear about these two forces is when they fail, which is a slim to none chance.

Force Recon is nothing like the rangers...rangers are more of an elite infantry than special forces. Recon is just that...reconnaissance. They use small unit guerrilla warfare tactics to gather intel, you can't do that in a large force.

The only force i've even remotely heard of the gov not confirming or denying is delta...that's it. SEALS and Green Berets are well known, hell there's even documentaries out there of their indocs.

I'm sure the SEALS and Recon cross train/use each others schools and do joint task forces or what not but they don't comprise of each other. To be a SEAL you have to be a squid and vica versa. You won't ever see a Marine with a SEAL trident.
    Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 02-25-2012 at 10:09 PM.

Black
    2000 Trans Am

SEAL TEAM 6 hasn't existed since 1987 and DEVGRU which unofficially replaced SEAL Team 6 has a new Top Secret name. Delta Force has never been officially been called Delta Force but it use to be the 1st Special Forces Operational Detachment- Delta (1st SFOD-D) and has recently had its name changed.

Delta Force had a recruiting video on the Army website at one time and it can be viewed on YouTube:

Sent from Motorola ATRIX 4G on Tapatalk

SOM
    2002 WS6 M6 - 461hp 406tq

I went to see it....good movie. They showed a lot of the best scenes on the extended trailer but still worth seeing. Favorite part was when the boats were lighting up the trucks with the minigun.

black
    1998 Camaro Z/28

Saw the movie and it was worth seeing. Senior Chief was cracking me up. Live ammo and one of the scenes(boat scene) was done on a real live fire range. They said it took 2 years to film due to deployment cycles.

Force Recon are not the same as Rangers. They have different missions. Force and the SEALs do cross train and go through same training. A Marine will never wear the Trident, but there are Force Recon Marines that have gone through BUD/S as it is a course that is available to the Marines.

Thread Information