Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

99% of car meets are GARBAGE

Why? Why is it that every car meet I go to is full of garbage. 75% of the cars I see at meets look like they would be better suited in trash bins, rather than parked at a meet. What happaned to the days where meets would be full of 80+ sick cars, and the slowest cars would be running low 13s? In the last year I've been to every meet mentioned in the DFW area, and nearly every single one was a waste of time and gas, even the "famed RKC meets". There was one I went out to where there were a handful of fast cars, and everyone wanted to run, that was one awesome exception, and turned out to be a real fun night. But other than that.......cars full of gay, that look like they have less value than my rim/tire combos(which are cheap ass replicas).

I know I'm not the only one who thinks this, just yesterday, I went out to a meet (the big beach st. one for you local guys), and there were about 10 guys who came down from OK, cuz they'd heard so much about the meet, and even they were very dissapointed/pissed. No one was worth the gas to run, or even had the intellectual capacity to hold a normal conversation with. And the few who did have nice cars would leave within 15-20min after showing up.

Is this limited to just North Texas or do you guys in other states have the same problem? And just to clarify, I feel as if my car barely qualifies to be placed into any meet....until I show up to most, and see what I'm surrounded by.....neon infused, stickered up, fart can equipped, half wrecked/repaired, pooped on garbage.
    /endrant
    Last edited by LeadFarmer; 10-28-2012 at 11:01 PM.
    M6, MS3 Cam, FAST 92/92, LS7 Clutch, Hurst Comp/Plus Shifter, Lid, K&N, OBX LT's, 3in ORX True Duals, KYB AGX shocks, BMR 3-Point SFCs, BMR springs, BMR Adj. PHR, LCA Relos, STB, 315 NT555Rs, DeepDish C5Z06s.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The cruises and shows I have been to in our area always draw out some incredible cars. Most recent was a run over to cpop's part of the state for a cruise up to Harvey's Lake. Not a lot of cars showed beacause of the weather, but the 15 or so that made it were all nice and a couple of them were easy 11 second cars, including cpop's. It's a bit of a drive, but you are welcome to join us next year.

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Anabelle's Diner meets every Sat. by me, and always has great cars. Hundreds of cars pass through there. Jeff and Dan can testify to that.

Come to think of it, all the meets by me are of good quality.

I've never been to a meet that hasn't had the majority of the cars be worth looking at. There's always a few that show up that don't belong, but that's typical.

black
    98 WS6

Every single Hot August Nights in Reno I've been to was great.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

Hey there stranger! Welcome back!

Quote Originally Posted by pecha View Post
    Every single Hot August Nights in Reno I've been to was great.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

Car meets put on by certain car clubs often fail around here. Full of 15 second cars owned by guys making 10 bucks an hour(which is low compared to the cost of living around here). Car shows in WI are usually a different story. We have some great ones with hundreds some of the big ones in the thousands of beautiful machines and most of the big ones are mainly domestics.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

It really comes down to how the ppl running and judging the shows. If they run it as anything goes then yeah some trash cars make it in. Judging also matters. Most of the shows I go to go off a 100 point judging sheet that is pretty much standard for all shows. Now those that do the Judging, well, can't help that if they are bias. I've went to a couple of events that it was very evident that the Judges were favoring certain breeds of cars and even what clubs they belonged too. If I see they are listed as Judges for an event I tend to not enter. The shows we put on we usually invite an outside Judge so we can't be accused of favoritism when some of our club members win.

Small shows tend to let more questionable cars in then because they are trying to get either more $$$ out of the event or higher profile.

Most of the shows I enter for usually are for charitable events and less for trophy hunting. I'm a long, long ways from entering as a show car for a Good Guy's/Hot Rod Power Tour events. However I have won 3 trophy's in the last yr in the modified 90's category. My club has some very rare cars and a few have been on nation stages and won. So going up against them for best of show is always impossible, but most of the time these guys very rarely enter so others can have a shot at winning and because they just like show their cars off.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    Anabelle's Diner meets every Sat. by me, and always has great cars. Hundreds of cars pass through there. Jeff and Dan can testify to that.

Come to think of it, all the meets by me are of good quality.

I've never been to a meet that hasn't had the majority of the cars be worth looking at. There's always a few that show up that don't belong, but that's typical.

Just don't eat the food!!!

Black
    99 WS.6 - Modified

Seeing the cars that roll through there takes away from the bad food.

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Most of the meets I've been to here in OK lately where great and i actually felt like my Trans Am was lacking that "umph" to be there.

Oklahomans have beautiful cars...the car shows were packed this year.

Then there are several meet and greets that happen that are a blast. Sure some of those lacking cars show up, but only a few compared to the 200 or 300 bad ass cars.

Maybe you should come North and get out of Texas?

The best non car show gathering is in the first Saturday of the month...

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by jrbonds View Post

This coming from the one wanting to leave OK?!?!?

NBM
    1999 TA A4

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    The cruises and shows I have been to in our area always draw out some incredible cars. Most recent was a run over to cpop's part of the state for a cruise up to Harvey's Lake. Not a lot of cars showed beacause of the weather, but the 15 or so that made it were all nice and a couple of them were easy 11 second cars, including cpop's. It's a bit of a drive, but you are welcome to join us next year.
    I think he is talking about the late night extracaricular activities that sometimes happen on less travelled roads

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by transamtom View Post
    I think he is talking about the late night extracaricular activities that sometimes happen on less travelled roads
    in that case yeah alot of FAST Five wanna be's in mom/pop's POS shows up to these events. Funny how fast they disappear when money starts throwing down on races...

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jrbonds View Post

This coming from the one wanting to leave OK?!?!?

Just because the car scene is big here right now, that's just not enough for me to want to stay here. Kid is a junior, only about 2 years left and I'm gone.

Navy Blue Metallic

Jodi you know I'm just playing...

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

Most of the shows I've been to have been pretty okay. Cops are also there to make sure patrons mind their manners.

extreme dimensions, driveshaft shop, harrop, hid(35watt/6k) lows, hurst, k&n, led fogs, maverick man, mishimoto, nitto, revshift, slp, stern st-1, smoked sidemarkers, whiteline poly radius rod bushings

rice,its what's fo dinner LeadFarmer's Avatar

Silver/Black
    00' z28-R.I.P 00' WS6 M6

Quote Originally Posted by transamtom View Post

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    in that case yeah alot of FAST Five wanna be's in mom/pop's POS shows up to these events. Funny how fast they disappear when money starts throwing down on races...
    understatement of the year lol. They all flee like a horde of bees from a pissed off nest. Problem is that afterwards this almost always leaves less than a handful of cars remaining, and none of the older guys with the nicer cars wanna get involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by cammed goat View Post
    Most of the shows I've been to have been pretty okay. Cops are also there to make sure patrons mind their manners.
    lol not here, two nights ago there were 2 cops stationed at a meet I went to, this didn't stop idiots from revving their fart boxes up and down. Numerous tickets were handed out and we almost got shut down for good -______-

I think cruises and such are cool and all, but like many, I don't have the time for such things, friday or saturday night I get off work/class and I wanna go see some cool cars, meet new people, and have some fun with fellow mature enthusiasts. You may ask "well then idiot, why don't you just go to the track?" Answer: Running from digs every weekend with a 400-ish RWHP car that's your DD=you're playing with fire. Thus my condundrum. I know there's stuff like TX2k12 but stuff like that only happens once a year.

Stuff like this is what I wanna find, and to my knowledge, this took place in texas

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

come to a whataburger meet in Tyler, lol

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

I always go to the Saturday meet Jodi is talking about and there is always great cars there, I have a few pics also. I've seen some great cars in OKC but I know what you mean about the shit meets, I had the same problem in El Paso,TX as far as finding people who can have a good car talk conversation... that has been fucking impossible for me lately, people are just fucking retarded I swear and try to BS me about dumb shit or their friends super car lately I've just been getting a kick out of trolling those people if I tell you some of the things these people have told me, you wouldn't believe me.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    come to a whataburger meet in Tyler, lol
    Been there a few times in the early 90's when I had my Katana 750 that had a few tweaks

Had fun taking somebodies cash, paid for most of my weekend rides to my families home when they lived in Kilgore.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information