red
    98 ws6 trans am

98 knocking noise

I POSTED A THREAD ABOUT A KNOCKING NOISE IN MY 98 WS6 I HAD JUST PURCHASED FROM THE DEALER. i HAD THE ENGINE TAKEN APART AND FOUND THE HEADS WERE FROM A JUNKYARD NEAR BY. tHE CLUTCH WAS ALMOST SHOT. THE CONNECTING RODS WERE ALMOST LOOSE AND THE CAMSHAFT WAS WORN AND BEARINGS WERE BAD. i AM REQUESTING A NEW ENGINE FROM THE DEALER WHO STATED THE LIFTERS WERE BAD AND THE CAR WAS NEVER BEAT AND OWNED BY A DENTIST.OR MAYBE I SHOULD DEMAND MY MONEY BACK OR SUE/aNY SUGGESTIONS?

NBM
    99 TA

i would ask for the money back... chances are the whole car will be a piece of shit and it will just be one headache after another

get your money back for the car

Quote Originally Posted by daas5
    I POSTED A THREAD ABOUT A KNOCKING NOISE IN MY 98 WS6 I HAD JUST PURCHASED FROM THE DEALER. i HAD THE ENGINE TAKEN APART AND FOUND THE HEADS WERE FROM A JUNKYARD NEAR BY. tHE CLUTCH WAS ALMOST SHOT. THE CONNECTING RODS WERE ALMOST LOOSE AND THE CAMSHAFT WAS WORN AND BEARINGS WERE BAD. i AM REQUESTING A NEW ENGINE FROM THE DEALER WHO STATED THE LIFTERS WERE BAD AND THE CAR WAS NEVER BEAT AND OWNED BY A DENTIST.OR MAYBE I SHOULD DEMAND MY MONEY BACK OR SUE/aNY SUGGESTIONS?

dude!!! how long ago did you buy it? how many miles have you put on it? i'm assuming that there is at least a 60 day warranty or 3000 miles warranty. let me know if this is the case; i will have the info on what you need to do. i was in almost the same situation

red
    98 ws6 trans am

I have a one year 12,000 mile warrenty on the car.I will accept nothing less than a new engine.

red
    98 ws6 trans am

I have a one year or 12 month warrenty on the car. I want a new engine or my money back.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

good luck bro

I have a one year or 12 month warrenty on the car. I want a new engine or my money back.
    Theres a thing called the lemon law. If you have any problem with the dealer,call consumer protection and they will take care of it. They are responsible for 100 percent of the repair. This law is to stop bullshit sales to people who get screwed by dealers. You have no reason to feel that the dealer has any right to talk you out of what you want; you have them backed into a corner.Get your money back,or get it fixed. After you get it fixed,bring it to a good auto shop to see if they fixed it correctly. Theres a chance the dealer with fix it half assed to try to keep some profit on you.

I bought my first z-28 3 years ago and i roasted 3rd gear on the highway doing 130; I went back to the sales guy to see if they would take care of it for me and he tried to tell me its not there responability. I didnt know anything about the lemon law then;but i found out quick. I called consumer protection and they set me up with a lawyer right on the spot. I called the dealer and told them that i called consumer protection and they changed their tune real quick. They actually called a really well known transmision shop and had me bring the car down right away. Within 5 days my trans. was fully rebuilt. And they also pointed out that the dealer,did a half assed job with doing repairs on the trans. before indicating that the dealer knew that the trans. wasnt going to last much longer.

There all scunks and I dont trust any of those pieces of f u c k. Make sure you get what you want.
    Last edited by senicalj4579; 04-25-2006 at 07:34 AM.

black
    2002 corvette coupe

shoot, I would tell them that after I got finished suing them I would write an article to the local paper and let the whole community know what they did. I bet you get anything you want after you tell them that.

Black
    99 SS

same thing happened to me, to similiar of a story in fact, take it back to much trouble, get rid of it. ask everyone on this site that knows me how much a pain in the ass my car has become

red
    98 ws6 trans am

98 trans am knocking

Thank you for all the advice on my 98 trans am that was knocking and had been all kinds of problems, bad clutch, rods barely attached,bad cam shaft and bearings. After a long fight with the dealer. I took your advice and mentioned the name attorney and got some results, The dealership offered me a Jasper engine and new clutch. I said no way, i bought the car because it had a Ls1 engine and thats what i wanted period.
    Long story short
    My dealership in town where i brought the car after i purchased it ihas ordered a new ls1 factory GM motor and clutch at no charge to me, So i guess i am happy, but have learned a valuble lesson about buying a used muscle car from a scrupulious dealership in Milwaukee.

Thank you for all the advice on my 98 trans am that was knocking and had been all kinds of problems, bad clutch, rods barely attached,bad cam shaft and bearings. After a long fight with the dealer. I took your advice and mentioned the name attorney and got some results, The dealership offered me a Jasper engine and new clutch. I said no way, i bought the car because it had a Ls1 engine and thats what i wanted period.
    Long story short
    My dealership in town where i brought the car after i purchased it ihas ordered a new ls1 factory GM motor and clutch at no charge to me, So i guess i am happy, but have learned a valuble lesson about buying a used muscle car from a scrupulious dealership in Milwaukee.

Just remember that YOU have THEM backed into a corner. Make sure you get what you want.
    I would definatly recomend after they install the engine to take it to one of the ls1 sponsors or a good engine shop and have them look to see if they did the job right. If they didnt do it right,remember that you still have them backed into a corner.
    I wish i knew a while ago what i know now about this stuff.
    01 SS A4 3.23-LID-CAI-LTS-ORY-CB-STALL-TUNED-326rwh,335rwt
    60'-1.666, 1/4-11.918@112.83MPH

Thread Information