Thread: 80 mph

silver
    '02 Firebird Formula

80 mph

I just have to tell this to somebody.

Last week I was driving down the road and I didn't see much traffic so I speed up to 100 mph and held it at that speed for about a quater mile then I seen a car coming at me in other side of the road and it looked kinda funny to me so I started to slow down. I was doing about 82 mph when we meet and that is when I noticed what was going on. There was a state highway patrol car following the first car. I had my brakes on a I must have meet him doing 80 mph, heres the best part, he didn't turn around.

Note: The speed Limit on that road is 55 mph

Did I luck out or what?

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Similar thing happened to my wife two Sundays ago,better go the speed limit,I told her,your speeding luck savings account is now empty.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Red, Pewter
    03 cobra07 street glide

his radar must have been off or he wanted to go home lol

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

Shit, he has a computer, cell phone, and radio in the car. He wasn't paying attention is all. Got lucky. Times two on the savings account.

Bat mobile black
    2000 Trans am WS6 M6

if something like that happens to me and i speed by a cop real fast and realize it at the last second i usually just push the clutch in and coast and most of the time they arent paying any attention and you drive right past them lol. My dad is a cop and he says the reason why most people get pulled over for speeding is because they hear the car before they actually see it. He himself got pulled over for accelerating fast in my brothers old mustangs, wasnt speeding, but the cop said (happened to be his buddy too lol) he didnt really see him he just heard the mustang and assumed he was speeding.

Ray Charles blue

Not sure but I think some state laws make it so that the Trooper CANT turn around and chase you. They either have to be following you or be stopped in a speed trap area or just catch you on radar. Almost certain some states the troopers cant get you if they are going in the other direction. Might be wrong but I am going to check in to it.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I think that people more often than not, get pulled over for speeding, when they hit the brakes. Out here, a cop going in the opposite direction can definitely turn around and come and get you. I've seen them do it.

When I see a cop is either coming up behind me or passing me going the other way, I just let off the gas and pretend I wasn't' speeding So far so good If you hit your brakes as soon as you see a cop, it's like an admission of guilt

midnight blue
    2000 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    I think that people more often than not, get pulled over for speeding, when they hit the brakes. Out here, a cop going in the opposite direction can definitely turn around and come and get you. I've seen them do it.

When I see a cop is either coming up behind me or passing me going the other way, I just let off the gas and pretend I wasn't' speeding So far so good If you hit your brakes as soon as you see a cop, it's like an admission of guilt
    +1 on this that's usually how they always get people around here on the hwy/int

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Alabama State Troopers can damn sure turn around on a two lane and pull you over,ask me how I know.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2002 Arctic White T/A Ws6islife's Avatar

Metallic Pewter
    2002 SLP Firehawk

Ok I just have to...

How do you know?? Lol

Pewter
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am

i met one at about 630 in the morning, just dark enough to where you should have headlights on, but ive been having issues with one getting stuck up so unless i cant see, they stay off. i passed him doing 65 in a 45, never even hit the brakes, didnt know he was a cop untill i was about 20 yards from him. state trooper, he never turned around or anything.

2 days later pretty much the same thing, past a county sheriff, he hit his brakes though, as soon as i went around the turn it was wot and then shot down a side road. never saw him again. my buddy in the car was laughing that i was fucked when we passed him. little did he know... a couple minutes later i pulled up to a intersection and there was another county officer there, he stared at me and then followed me for about 5 miles, never cut his lights on though, so all is well.

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by Ws6islife View Post
    Ok I just have to...

How do you know?? Lol
    Lol.first hand experience
    Posted via Mobile Device

navi blue
    2001 firebird ws6

Wink

Thats what i call lucky,but don't run out of luck thinking that you are always going to get out.:seesaw

Black
    2001 WS6 Trans Am

my car seems to be a magnet for cops lately. I've been pulled over 3 times in the past 4 months. Once for my window tint. Then no light over the rear license plate. And last but not least, because the cop heard me accelerating over a ridge he was on the other side of and decided I must have been speeding (which I was of course). Only ticket was for the window tint, which another cop signed off and asked where I got it done (he used to work with my wife - lucky!!).

Black
    2000 Pontiac Formula

Quote Originally Posted by Lunatikgixxer View Post
    My dad is a cop and he says the reason why most people get pulled over for speeding is because they hear the car before they actually see it.
    Umm, what?!?! I highly doubt that. I'm willing to bet 9/10 times a person speeding has a factory exhaust.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

I may be mistaken but isn't there another exact same thread like this in the Trans Am section
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

Awaiting Activation

Try driving a lowered, black tinted window, 96 Impala SS with loud mufflers. Then come talk to me about getting pulled over.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    Alabama State Troopers can damn sure turn around on a two lane and pull you over,ask me how I know.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Quote Originally Posted by Ws6islife View Post
    Ok I just have to...

How do you know?? Lol
    Wait till they thank you for stopping for them. Had one ask me why I didn't leave him when he clearly had no chance in hell of catching up. Told him I 1) love my car and would hate to go to jail, 2) can't outrun a radio. He said fair enough and gave me a break

Thread Information