Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Impounded
    aren't those articles on MSN about as substantial as a glass of water? There's no myth that a radar detector will ensure you never get pulled over. who would think something so stupid.
    and they say there's a myth that red cars get pulled over, but there's no scientific study that says either way. so in other words it could be true, but he just doesnt know. so that's not a myth until it's proven false.
    myth that you can make an excuse - well in fact I HAVE given excuses and gotten out. they were valid , i didnt lie, and the cop decided to give me a break on what I said. so another piece of BS in this article.

Blue/silver
    2004 Dodge Ram 1500

Do you even know the meaning of myth? This article is a guideline to tell you not to rely on these myths that people think are true. Such as using excuses, yeah it has worked for some people, but its still teh cops choice. Just because you have a valid excuse doesn't mean you have a right to break the law. Yes there are people who think they can break the law because they have radar detectors. They feel that all cop cars have their radars on at all times so therefore the detector will warn them before they get close to the cop. And about the red cars, he said there is no scientific study to prove red cars get pulled over more, but two insurance companies don't increase premiums due to color, therefore showing the MYTH of owning a red car is more of a risk.

Impounded
    Quote Originally Posted by 93 Trans Paz View Post
    Do you even know the meaning of myth? This article is a guideline to tell you not to rely on these myths that people think are true. Such as using excuses, yeah it has worked for some people, but its still teh cops choice. Just because you have a valid excuse doesn't mean you have a right to break the law. Yes there are people who think they can break the law because they have radar detectors. They feel that all cop cars have their radars on at all times so therefore the detector will warn them before they get close to the cop. And about the red cars, he said there is no scientific study to prove red cars get pulled over more, but two insurance companies don't increase premiums due to color, therefore showing the MYTH of owning a red car is more of a risk.
    i think you missed the point

Black
    '98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by SLIM_DURST View Post
    i think you missed the point
    I think YOU missed the point. Everything Trans Paz said makes sense.

No shit it makes sense, he missed the point of Slim's post.

Slim said why on earth would anybody in their right mind think radar detectors ensure that you never get pulled over. NOBODY allowed to drive would think that. Therefore, nobody considers it a myth. So, the article holds no water calling the "myth" a "myth".

Slim had it right. Paz isn't wrong, but slim's point went completely and utterly over his head.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

From myth 6:
    Remember: Any explanation you give about why you were speeding is an admission that you were speeding. If an officer logs those explanations in his notes, the statements could later be used against you in court. That's why, whenever an officer asks if you know why you've been pulled over, always answer "no" and just take the ticket.
    Thats worked for me before. I got pulled over and the cop asked me "do you know why I pulled you over" and I just replied no and he walked back to his car. He came back a minute later and said "So you have no idea why I pulled you over" "No sir" and then he went back to his car for a few minutes, and came back with a citation. I only got a warning for 15 over, but he still got me for my license plate frame

whenwillthislifegetbetter slim420832002's Avatar

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

Quote Originally Posted by SLIM_DURST View Post
    aren't those articles on MSN about as substantial as a glass of water? There's no myth that a radar detector will ensure you never get pulled over. who would think something so stupid.
    and they say there's a myth that red cars get pulled over, but there's no scientific study that says either way. so in other words it could be true, but he just doesnt know. so that's not a myth until it's proven false.
    myth that you can make an excuse - well in fact I HAVE given excuses and gotten out. they were valid , i didnt lie, and the cop decided to give me a break on what I said. so another piece of BS in this article.
    a myth does not mean it is true. duh i understand wat ur tryin to say but by that statement in bold italics above u obviously dont know wat the hell ur sayin. MYTHS RNT TRUE OR PROVEN THATS Y IT IS A MYTH CUZ ITS NOT PROVEN

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by 93 Trans Paz View Post
    That's not true. If you're driving along and all of a sudden your passenger has an attack of some kind that requires immediate medical attention, you won't be punished for speeding. The cop might initially be a jack ass but the judge will iron things out for you. The cop may even lose his or her job if your passenger dies as a result of his or her actions.

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate View Post
    That's not true. If you're driving along and all of a sudden your passenger has an attack of some kind that requires immediate medical attention, you won't be punished for speeding. The cop might initially be a jack ass but the judge will iron things out for you. The cop may even lose his or her job if your passenger dies as a result of his or her actions.
    Man, we got some mad ass ill people in Davenport then, shit passengers be having siezures and heart attacks like 24/7 I must assume. A lot of dumb ass drivers though, they are all going 80mph in the wrong direction!

As for never admitting guilt. I found it hard to do without comming off as a jackass. He asked me if I knew how fast I was going to wich I replied, "That's irrelevent, the only thing that matters is if you know how fast I was going". Unfortunatley he did

whenwillthislifegetbetter slim420832002's Avatar

black and gray
    1999 Lexus ES300

Quote Originally Posted by Smkn_TA View Post
    Man, we got some mad ass ill people in Davenport then, shit passengers be having siezures and heart attacks like 24/7 I must assume. A lot of dumb ass drivers though, they are all going 80mph in the wrong direction!

As for never admitting guilt. I found it hard to do without comming off as a jackass. He asked me if I knew how fast I was going to wich I replied, "That's irrelevent, the only thing that matters is if you know how fast I was going". Unfortunatley he did
    i think us iowans think alike i got caught by no radar but him maxin his car out thru DM on the interstate and he finally caught me and asked how fast i was goin (i shut down at 146)i said idk not a clue wat r u talkin bout

Thread Information