Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

Exclamation '70s And '80s Musclecars - Street Machines!

'70s And '80s Musclecars - Street Machines!

The late '70s and early '80s are hip again, especially as they apply to street machine styling. Here are examples of the era.You know you dig it. For nearly three years we've been hearing from fortysomethings about secret cravings for blowers, tunnel-rams, raised-white letters, Cragars, and even (gasp!) graphics. It's the predictable, "back when I was in high school" scenario. But then the rebel twentysomethings started to catch on to it, spellbound by the concept of wheels as small in diameter as, say, 15s and awestruck by the power-hungry carbon footprint of dual quads atop an 8-71. So call us harbingers of ghastly retrogaudiness, but we'll go ahead and say it: '70s and '80s street machine style is back.inline_mediumwraptextrightThis is the one photo of the bunch that we hijacked from Car Craft, since that mag really had its finger on the pulse in the street machine heyday. We love all three of these cars from the '78 Car Craft Street Machine Nationals, and the engine in the foreground is the inspiration for our Crusher Camaro makeover. Also note the cable-drive Moroso tach. The red car sports the then-hip, now-unthinkable velour interior. The graphics on the Challenger are great and almost justify the hood-mounted gauges.26729908/thehistoryof/hrdp_0912_70s_80s_musclecarshrdp_0912_03+70s_and_8 0s_musclecars.jpgTrue

Photo Gallery: '70s And '80s Musclecars - Cars Of The Street Machine Era - Hot Rod Magazine

Photo Gallery: '70s And '80s Musclecars - Cars Of The Street Machine Era - Hot Rod Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Wow, velocity stack and 15's, I have both. I'm officially in style... I like this way better than protouring ultra exotics

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Wow, velocity stack and 15's, I have both. I'm officially in style... I like this way better than protouring ultra exotics
    lawdylawdy that red chevelle mmf

Thread Information