Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

6th Gen Camaro??

Chevy's next generation Camaro is going to shrink in size from its current behemoth underpinnings and share a new global Alpha platform with the third-generation Cadillac CTS and the all-new ATS. With the next Camaro due out in 2015, the CTS is destined to bow in 2013 as a 2014 model, while the 3-Series fighting ATS is scheduled to arrive just afterwards.

The news comes from a report by Motor Trend after a presentation by consultancy firm Grant Thornton LLP at the Automotive Press Association on Thursday.

Other details revealed include plans to discontinue the CTS Coupe and SportWagon, likely because both a coupe, convertible and wagon version of the ATS are in the works. The CTS will then grow slightly (by roughly 6-inches) to be more in line with the 5 Series and E-Class.

To make this plan cost effective its likely that the new Alpha platform will use different amounts of aluminum and steel depending on whether it is being used for a Cadillac or a Chevy, with the Caddy getting a higher percentage of lighter, but more expensive, aluminum.

In addition to this new MT also suggests, the 2015 Camaro SS is likely to get a supercharged or turbocharged V6, rather than a V8.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

just throw a bow tie on it ...

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

and the camaro will be irrelevent again. GM is one big fu*k up. they expected the majority of camaro sales to be the v6(read that in motor trend) and the people have overwhelmingly bought the v8 camaro,so what does gm learn from this? NOTHING!!!! next camaro not offering a v8 will be car suicide. people do not want a v6, turbo or not, to be the top level engine in a camaro they want a v8 and the sales number prove it.,

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by 02transamce View Post
    and the camaro will be irrelevent again. GM is one big fu*k up. they expected the majority of camaro sales to be the v6(read that in motor trend) and the people have overwhelmingly bought the v8 camaro,so what does gm learn from this? NOTHING!!!! next camaro not offering a v8 will be car suicide. people do not want a v6, turbo or not, to be the top level engine in a camaro they want a v8 and the sales number prove it.,
    People always asking about a AWD and high tech Camaro .. Well this may be it ..

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

First, dont knock it till you see it, and second, CAFE.

When I think camaro I think v8... but I do like turbos and if it outs out the numbers, then why not. I think eventually v8s will be a think of the past with turbo 6's taking over.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I'd take a turbo car....as long as those turbo's were pumping air into 8 cylinders.

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Ill believe it when i hear it from GM themselves.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

I forgot To post that the other day. Maybe with the even more limpdick powertrain options (400 horse at 4000 pounds ain't great) they'll make the car look good

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Also, to those hating on sixes, you should have campaigned harder against Obama. His cafe standards are ridiculous.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Chevy's next generation Camaro is going to shrink in size from its current behemoth underpinnings and share a new global Alpha platform with the third-generation Cadillac CTS and the all-new ATS. With the next Camaro due out in 2015, the CTS is destined to bow in 2013 as a 2014 model, while the 3-Series fighting ATS is scheduled to arrive just afterwards.

The news comes from a report by Motor Trend after a presentation by consultancy firm Grant Thornton LLP at the Automotive Press Association on Thursday.

Other details revealed include plans to discontinue the CTS Coupe and SportWagon, likely because both a coupe, convertible and wagon version of the ATS are in the works. The CTS will then grow slightly (by roughly 6-inches) to be more in line with the 5 Series and E-Class.

To make this plan cost effective its likely that the new Alpha platform will use different amounts of aluminum and steel depending on whether it is being used for a Cadillac or a Chevy, with the Caddy getting a higher percentage of lighter, but more expensive, aluminum.

In addition to this new MT also suggests, the 2015 Camaro SS is likely to get a supercharged or turbocharged V6, rather than a V8.

I am going to say this one time, all you Firebird/TA enthusiasts, be FUCKING GLAD Pontiac died and there will not be another disgrace for you guys. What a joke.

GM needs to on the Camaro

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Well its not retro looking ...

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Pics? Or are you talking about the cts

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    Pics? Or are you talking about the cts
    prob going to look very close to the CTS ... The article was talking about steel vs aluminum parts , and it prob get a different grill...

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Oh. Though if it shares the same platform they can still look completely different. I may be completely wrong but I think the gto and the 5th gen are the same platform

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Oh. Though if it shares the same platform they can still look completely different. I may be completely wrong but I think the gto and the 5th gen are the same platform
    Im just thinking firewall back prob look the same ... with the steel fenders and different grill can do a lot in making it look different ...

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Emission standards ftl...... just when I this new generation of camaro couldn't get any lamer, this happens.

slap your mama red
    1998 trans am

so the camaro is now going to be called an A body haha lol oh sorry so ssad i feel bad for you camaro guys

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by Transamws6 View Post
    Emission standards ftl...... just when I this new generation of camaro couldn't get any lamer, this happens.
    No, it's the ridiculous either 35 or 40 mpg cafe standards (corporate average fuel economy) upcoming. Screw the hype over the camaro coming back, I'm ready to see some 3 cylinder geos! Maybe another camaro styled storm

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

No, it's the ridiculous either 35 or 40 mpg cafe standards (corporate average fuel economy) upcoming. Screw the hype over the camaro coming back, I'm ready to see some 3 cylinder geos! Maybe another camaro styled storm
    enter the V6 .. turbo or not ..

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information