Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 6800+ rpm?

Impounded
    gmcheviac

6800+ rpm?

Anyone have some vids of gen 3+4 motors way up there in the revs? Youtube, streetfire, whatever. No one posts in multimedia it seems... And I can only find idle vids with big cams. Since I don't have money for cubic inches, i'll just rev the piss out of my hopeful future junkyard six-o. Vic jr. intake, 750 holley, msd carbed ignition box, and a donkey dick cam. Any help?

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

I can't find shit either.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

people just post 5 minute idle vids. Other than 1320 vids and a few others there's not too many good go fast movies

Impounded
    gmcheviac

the "camzilla" zo6
    He's gets in it some. Sounds orgasmic. He's making 444/38x with a cam only ls6. 6.0 truck motors have the same heads (bigger combustion chambers) and I would be running a way better intake than an ls6...

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Well, you might wanna check out bay area racing on youtube and see if you can find anything in there. The guys username is like deahn8 he's got about 600 vids. of just flat out street racing all kinds of different cars, check it out you might find something.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliE-maxx View Post
    the "camzilla" zo6
    He's gets in it some. Sounds orgasmic. He's making 444/38x with a cam only ls6. 6.0 truck motors have the same heads (bigger combustion chambers) and I would be running a way better intake than an ls6...
    That is fucking shweet. Sounds nasty.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

6800rpm is easy.

Just don't shift.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

Not what you were looking for but still a sweet ass video thats a sick ass race.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    6800rpm is easy.

Just don't shift.
    I don't have an lsx to hear and the butt fuck tuner set my dad's limiter in the Formula at 6600 with a 228 cam and stock cubes...

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

I don't have an lsx to hear and the butt fuck tuner set my dad's limiter in the Formula at 6600 with a 228 cam and stock cubes...
    ahahaha. My dad got his t/a tuned at f-body central(sure 75% of the people on this site have heard of it) when he had it, guy did a badass job everytime. He worked on it until my dad was done modding it and it turned out great. I suggest you guys find a good mechanic like we did.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

There are tons of great ones in Houston. It was a case of not listening to your son when he did alot of research already.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Not an LS1 but hehehehehe..............
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

NBM
    '00 A4 SS

There are tons of great ones in Houston. It was a case of not listening to your son when he did alot of research already.
    haha.

You find anything yet?

Impounded
    gmcheviac

with that v6 shit lol Technology is to a point where power is made without spinning the motor to the moon, but i'll be running a big cam, single plane, and a giant stall hopefully...

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

with that v6 shit lol Technology is to a point where power is made without spinning the motor to the moon, but i'll be running a big cam, single plane, and a giant stall hopefully...
    haha I know I should'nt rock the boat. But the 6800+rpm got me thinking about the TDC factory limiter on the older years @ 7000rpm..lol

black trans am

theres a 6500+ brun out b4 one of my runs at the drag strip.. i dont know if that helps... i was shifting gears at 6500

Impounded
    gmcheviac

Damn 6500 shifts on a hot cam. We're stock cubes with a 228/228 .610 and the idiot set the limiter at 6600. It starts really pullin' like a bitch then eheheheh, limiter. "we've blown up too many short blocks above that rpm, it's a good safe number", yeah, because your dumb ass doesn't know how to tune...

black trans am

well im shifting at 6200 on my dash and its hitting 6800-7000 on hpt logs yea im out of the power at 6200 but im drag racing not dynoing to race Right u have to go over the power so that u in to the power when ever u hit the next gear... with the stock injectors im hitting 100+ rate so i know its not good but she ran ok. hell that was A 12.5 with trashed drag radials and a 2.00 60 ft... not bad for a hotcam long tunes and ls6 intake. i think i must be doing some thing right i was stuck at 12.9xx b4 cam swap

Impounded
    gmcheviac

I'll be so happy if my thrown together used parts special 6.0 is faster than my dad's car (it will be) and that punk ass in a '10 2ss at school. My dad could give a shit which is faster, he'd rather drive my comfy truck. This friend of the ss guy was running his mouth "oh, he's going for the world's fastest Camaro. It's already got 600 horsepower to tie him over for now. He's getting more later" He drives by me yesterday and it's a stock automatic. He wouldn't know what a cam and 4000 stall meant if they hit him in the face, which i'm hoping for... Same stupid ass rich kid also got a giant gmc 1500 crew cab with like a 12" lift and 40's last year. Everything powdercoated and matching with a gay grim reaper mural all over. Has a fucking 4l60e and a ten bolt. Looks like a damn tooth pick sitting under the rear. This kid thought he was special last year and would always try to scare/run me over when I had the right of way last year getting out of school. Hell, I figured I could use some body panels and a paint job and just kept on truckin'. Punk ass. Truck's on this website under pictures and GMC/chevy. http://www.extremekaty.com/fig/index.html And no, he didn't pay for any of it... Rant off

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

That dumbass tuner probably set that limiter to 6600 because it stops making power at 6400/6500. Pretty common to not want to run past your peak power, only to shift and come back down above your peak tq/power because you went beyond your camshaft's power range. At the track, I shift at 6800, From 6500 to 6800 I lose 4 HP.

If I could get a camera set up, I would video it everytime. But, the windows would be up and ttops on

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information