Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I want one

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

So do I.....

Silver
    1999 Trans-Am, 2012 Sonic

It is pretty cool but I'm thinking you could put together a boosted plant with more juice than that for less than 16G's. and with a top Mount super charger would probably eliminate it fitting in a 4th gen.
    99 Trans Am, SLP Lid, Blackwing filter, smooth bellow, Ported TB, LS6 intake, Ws6 lower ram air box, OBX LT's, Magna Flow cat back, LS7 clutch, Tick MC, Hurst Shifter, Frost Tune, UMI SFC,LAC, STB, PB, Torq Arm, Super Hawk hood, Torq Thrust II, Kee Audio.
    Strange S60 4:10's, D&S Rotors, S/S Brake Lines.
    Nitto NT05R Track Tire's, 12.7 @ 108 / 1.82 60'
    Wish list.
    Coil overs, Heads & Cam

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post
    It is pretty cool but I'm thinking you could put together a boosted plant with more juice than that for less than 16G's. and with a top Mount super charger would probably eliminate it fitting in a 4th gen.
    When you consider what someone would spend on a motor to make the same or more power, and who's buying those LT4 crate motors, it's easily worth the money to get a factory engine that has factory reliability, emissions, fuel economy, etc. All in a package that has perfect street manners.

And seriously, nobody is buying one of those motors to put in a damn 4th gen.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

I've seen a couple LT1 4th Gens with "top mount" super chargers
    83 Thunderturd even bigger turd probably LQ4 4L80 swap at some point
    Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    the guys here know how to find a nekkid chick farting into a cake but 2+2 stumps the shit out of 'em.
    Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    My brain must be defective.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapper2003 View Post
    Says the king of mockery and shit talking

Silver

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    When you consider what someone would spend on a motor to make the same or more power, and who's buying those LT4 crate motors, it's easily worth the money to get a factory engine that has factory reliability, emissions, fuel economy, etc. All in a package that has perfect street manners.

Quote Originally Posted by GTP231 View Post
    I've seen a couple LT1 4th Gens with "top mount" super chargers

Just a opinion on cost of just the motor that needs lots more $ to make it work with any car, truck, or Rod and yes even a damm 4th gen seeing how most members on here have them unless it's the ones that have nothing anymore but know everything on every topic!!!

Hey Scott that motor is cool as shit and the 70 Camaro is even cooler seeing how that is my favorite car and if I had a unlimited budget and was building one I would love to have that plant in my car...But seeing how I'm just a regular working man and at least HAVE a car I will have to just settle for working with junk....Thanks for sharing the article.....
    How was that!

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by kingls1 View Post

Just a opinion on cost of just the motor that needs lots more $ to make it work with any car, truck, or Rod and yes even a damm 4th gen seeing how most members on here have them unless it's the ones that have nothing anymore but know everything on every topic!!!
    Which is even more of a reason not to put that motor in a 4th gen that's worth less than even just the engine alone. And I just sold a 2002 TA a couple months back that I had for almost a year. It reminded me why I sold my last fourth gen. They're neat looking cars, and were fast in their day, but they're fucking junk otherwise. Let's be serious.

Silver

Maybe yours was junk cause you don't know what the fuck your doing! so tell me what old restomod cars are worthy of a $20,000 dollar motor transplant that don't need completely worked over on every aspect? Don't be a idiot Detroit don't or hasn't until lately built cars that are capable of serious track times unless you are talking the Vette and the other $70,000+ cars out there. And who needs new engines for them!! You think a 70 Camaro was a stout set up. Like you said lets be serious. I've owned Older mustangs and a couple Camaro's and not one would hold a candle to my T/A stock on their best day and just recently did some work on a 600+H.P. ProCharged Vette that flat out gets down and could be bought for $28G's. So what are we putting this 650 hp motor in that would be a simple worth while platform that just needs a motor?

red
    95 Z28

Don't know what the fuck I was doing? I didn't build the car I fixed a bunch of shit on it and sold it and made a few grand. Which is why I bought it. I know you and a lot of other people love their cars. And that's fine. Like I said, they're cool looking cars and offered decent performance for the price. Most of the people that have been on this site since those cars were around have since grown up and moved past those cars. I'm sorry you seem to be getting a bit wrapped up about this. What's funny is how much you're trying to talk shit to me because I'm telling it like it is with f bodies. I never said anything to you personally yet you feel the need to tell me I don't know what the fuck I'm doing and hat I know everything about the topic when all I said is people aren't buying that motor for a fourth gen car. And for the most part they're not. That crate motor doesn't fit the demographic that owns these cars anymore. They were horribly cheaply made cars by the way. The axles sucked. The build quality was terrible. The interior ergonomics were bad enough that they contributed greatly to the cars going away. People put those crate motors in classic cars, not newer ones. The 4th gen cars haven't really taken hold in the collector car market. I never see them on the road anymore. Most are beat to shit and have gotten cheap enough that the people buying them are trashing them or wrecking them. Put a 20g motor in a 4th gen and you just lost half the value of the engine. I've been to enough huge auctions to know jay buyers don't give a shit about modded fourth gens. Put that motor in a 69 camaro and you've got a 50g+ car and everyone will love it.

if you stopped and would have thought about it for a second I was agreeing with you that people building a fast fourth generation car would just build a cheaper motor to make as much or more power. That isn't the market for crate lt4s. If my opinion of fourth gen cars was something you didn't like, it's all good. My point was that most people that used to own them have moved on to more modern cars that are just better.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

There are multiple engines you can get 650 crank hp out of for far less than 16k. As for reliability the LT4 will be hard to match, emissions(who gives a crap... it's a 1970) fuel economy depends on a lot of factors. But as you said the kind of people doing modern builds on classic cars are prepared to spend a lot in most cases to get exactly what they want.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 11-09-2015 at 09:09 AM.

White
    '10 ZR1

$1,000 dollar junkyard 5.3 out of an '06 Tahoe + Texas Speed heads + 76mm Precision turbo + a few other things = ~810 rwhp on e85, ~600 on 91 octane

Ask me how I know.

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

But that would fit in a 4th Gen and cost less

red
    95 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Zinergy View Post
    There are multiple engines you can get 650 crank hp out of for far less than 16k. As for reliability the LT4 will be hard to match, emissions(who gives a crap... it's a 1970) fuel economy depends on a lot of factors. But as you said the kind of people doing modern builds on classic cars are prepared to spend a lot in most cases to get exactly what they want.
    Yeah the people paying 16 grand for that motor are paying for convenience. They know they're going to get all of the positive qualities mentioned above with no effort.

Quote Originally Posted by FasstChevys View Post
    $1,000 dollar junkyard 5.3 out of an '06 Tahoe + Texas Speed heads + 76mm Precision turbo + a few other things = ~810 rwhp on e85, ~600 on 91 octane

Ask me how I know.
    Lots of ways to skin that cat with GM LS engines.

Somebody just bolted a twin turbo kit to a new stock motor 5.0 mustang, did some mods to the auto trans, slicks and skinnies, and ran 9.0@157 (and made several passes to back up the time). stock fucking motor. holy shit.

White
    '10 ZR1

Lots of ways to skin that cat with GM LS engines.

Somebody just bolted a twin turbo kit to a new stock motor 5.0 mustang, did some mods to the auto trans, slicks and skinnies, and ran 9.0@157 (and made several passes to back up the time). stock fucking motor. holy shit.
    For sure - I'm just here to confirm that it works.

'89 Turbo Trans Am Pace Car (Mom's car now)

'68 Camaro - 572 coming soon

'67 Nova - 406 SBC, PG

'10 ZR1

red
    95 Z28

For sure - I'm just here to confirm that it works.
    What kind of vehicle did you put that setup in? And was it a stock shortblock holding that power?
    this post is meant as a joke and in no way should it be interpreted as a serious or meaningful reply. The author of this post cannot be held liable for any damages, both emotional and physical, that may be incurred from the reading of this post. By acknowledging this disclaimer you hereby release the author from any and all liability

White
    '10 ZR1

What kind of vehicle did you put that setup in? And was it a stock shortblock holding that power?
    '68 Camaro - yes, it is a stock short block.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

My neighbors good friend has a old Malibu with a very similar setup. Stock short block 5.3, 800whp. Smokes up my street all the time.
    Last edited by Zinergy; 11-10-2015 at 11:56 AM.

Silver

Ask me how I know.
    Been trying to convey your point many post ago but to no avail. Hot Rod did a test a few years back where they took a junk yard truck motor and bolted Twin 76's to it and tried their best to blow it apart and after 60 pull's and 26lbs of boost it put down 1,251 H.P. They run out of Dyno time so they pulled it apart to find out it was a 4.8L. The test was to see what the LS would take and why they like them so much. I understand that wouldn't work on the street for very long but 700-800 hp are very streetable and fairly inexpensive compared to a lot of what's offered above. Again it's a very cool motor just a little expensive.
    Last edited by kingls1; 11-10-2015 at 12:21 PM.

Thread Information